Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2018

Has Shea Butter 'got you'?

• Let me look over my investment portfolio and see if I have room for shea related stocks.

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • I've got 8 pounds in the house, I need to order me some more because I don't want to run out.

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • 1 Day without sealing my ends is just unthinkable.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • It works for me for now.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nah, I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Meh, I'm here for the posts.

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • That stuff just weighs down my hair. No thanks!

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Anybody got them a new Shea butter treat? New concoctions? Found a new supplier?

Chicoro

Don't want to slip into Unicorn darkness, with a broken horn and all..

Due to falling off the Shea Wagon...

Got to keep up my Shea butter consumption!

I'm going to make me a green juice to feed my little body, then do my hair and slather it with lemon and vanilla scented Shea butter. I guess that's my treat.

Chicoro

Attention!
Excuse me, Unicorns and those in the making.
Hello!​

Hey, don't forget! We've got 8 months until the Shea Made Hair Unicorn Extravaganza!

It's too late to start, you say?

You just don't know Shea, do you.

Yes, you! Hold on now. Save that energy to...

COME ON DOWN!

Take that journey with us...

to the path to

Unicorn Status: Running with the herd.

It all starts with this one little step:

Mix down yo' Shea butter concoction and get on the road to
Unicorn-Dom!

Last edited:

caribeandiva

Human being
What are the odds? Pretty good when folks be creepin', spyin' and stealin'. :abducted::greedy::ghost::giggle:
I thought about that. Companies STAY creeping on this board. While black women get zero credit for any of it. I almost didn’t renew my membership because of that. I felt so violated when I found out I was being spied on. I don’t know why I was suprised because folks be starting hair product companies and stealing people’s progress pictures on here and passing it off as their own. Pathetic.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Have you found any one batch to more effective or more memorable than another?
@Chicoro
They've all been pretty decent.:up:

I think my Fav SB-Blends (if I had to pick those) would be:
Chebe Powder
Rose Petal Powder
Fenugreek Powder
Matcha Green Tea Powder
Mango Powder
Ayurvedic Powders (Brahmi, Amla, Bhringraj, Kalpi Tone, Kalchi etc...)

Which pretty much covers them all. :lol:....:look:

As long as they are blended well, they all have been fine.

LivingInPeace

I just whipped up my batch of Shea and cocoa butter. I melted the butters then put the butters, coconut, olive and grapeseed oils, dark chocolate fragrance and buttercream fragrance oils in my mixing bowl. I mixed them for a minute and then put the bowl in the freezer. I let it set then whipped up the hardened mixture. It came out smooth and not grainy at all. And it smells like dessert!

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun

Attention!
Excuse me, Unicorns and those in the making.
Hello!​

Hey, don't forget! We've got 8 months until the Shea Made Hair Unicorn Extravaganza!

It's too late to start, you say?

You just don't know Shea, do you.

Yes, you! Hold on now. Save that energy to...

COME ON DOWN!

Take that journey with us...

to the path to

Unicorn Status: Running with the herd.

It all starts with this one little step:

Mix down yo' Shea butter concoction and get on the road to
Unicorn-Dom!

It's never too late!!

I mixed up my first batch of shea butter today!!

1 lb shea butter - oslove organics
3 tablespoons sweet almond oil - molivera organics
1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
10 drops lavender essential oil - plant guru

Whip whip whip w my mixer until light and fluffy. Well fluffy anyway lol my mix is DENSE. But I wanted a mostly shea butter mix vased on what I've read in the thread and it melts/spreads easily.

*excited* can't wait to see how my hair gon act!

Attachments

• 20180422_172810.jpg
    20180422_172810.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 20180422_174213.jpg
    20180422_174213.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 68

CurlyWhoCrux

90C5B23D-06D4-4253-97F9-A18BE9B7CCE6.jpeg Hi Unicorns!

I stay lurking in this thread; it’s amazing.
Anyways, just wanted to show one of my Shea braids as I M&S for the night.
I use store bought products with Shea listed as the top ingredient on top of moisturizers with glycerin in the top ingredients. I steer clear of products that contain things like silicones, parabens, mineral oil, etc.

Also sorry about the bad quality pic; I had to resize the image and that caused my braid to be cut off at the bottom lol.

Back to lurking :ninja:

Chicoro

View attachment 429157 Hi Unicorns!

I use store bought products with Shea listed as the top ingredient on top of moisturizers with glycerin in the top ingredients. I steer clear of products that contain things like silicones, parabens, mineral oil, etc.

Also sorry about the bad quality pic; I had to resize the image and that caused my braid to be cut off at the bottom lol.

Hello! That's a nice looking braid you got there. Before you go back to lurking... can we get another picture of the end of it, in its full- length glory, please?

caribeandiva

Human being
View attachment 429157 Hi Unicorns!

:eek: :cloud9: Love it!

sunnieb

@Chicoro I Just wanted to take a moment to say that you are the best thread host I've ever seen! :lol:

Also, I relaxed on Friday but I'm still using my Shea butter mix daily. I'm bunning so I dab some on my edges and ends and slick it all back. So soft and shiny! :cool2:

My hair is naturally coarse and dry. I've finally found a natural moisturizer that works for me! Relaxed heads that lurk in here...... don't sleep on Shea butta baby!

Saga

The Generous Queen
Ok guys, I discovered something very ground breaking yesterday!!
Well...it was ground breaking for me, anyway.

So my wig is bleached blonde, which raised the cuticles of the hair strand causing it to tangle up very easily in the nape area. I got sick of breaking out m paddle brush and trying to untangle the inevitable matting I always faced. So I said *** IT, and melted my whipped shea butter into my hands and ran it over my wig and let me tell you....my wig started to shea slide. I thought because it was straight hair the shea might be too much and weigh it down, those thirsty strands freaking drunk it up. Like it was not greasy AT ALL. Just soft and shiny and smooth.

So yea I thought I couldn't use shea on my hair since I sewed my wig down, but it seems that I was completely wrong!

Chicoro

@Chicoro I Just wanted to take a moment to say that you are the best thread host I've ever seen! :lol:

Also, I relaxed on Friday but I'm still using my Shea butter mix daily. I'm bunning so I dab some on my edges and ends and slick it all back. So soft and shiny! :cool2:

My hair is naturally coarse and dry. I've finally found a natural moisturizer that works for me! Relaxed heads that lurk in here...... don't sleep on Shea butta baby!

I'll take that compliment and thank you, too!

Was your relaxing experience different this time around, due to the use of Shea butter? Or, you didn't really notice too much of a difference?

Chicoro

Ok guys, I discovered something very ground breaking yesterday!!
Well...it was ground breaking for me, anyway.

So my wig is bleached blonde, which raised the cuticles of the hair strand causing it to tangle up very easily in the nape area. I got sick of breaking out m paddle brush and trying to untangle the inevitable matting I always faced. So I said *** IT, and melted my whipped shea butter into my hands and ran it over my wig and let me tell you....my wig started to shea slide. I thought because it was straight hair the shea might be too much and weigh it down, those thirsty strands freaking drunk it up. Like it was not greasy AT ALL. Just soft and shiny and smooth.

So yea I thought I couldn't use shea on my hair since I sewed my wig down, but it seems that I was completely wrong!

Is the wig hair human hair or synthetic? I just want to make sure I am understanding correctly. Thank you in advance!

Chicoro

I told myself that even if no one participated, that I was going to be posting in this Shea thread all by my lonesome. I'm glad to see that this thread is helping so many other people on their hair journeys.

I'm still trying to get some intel on why Shea butter extends the color of hair longer than usual. Shea has all kinds of surprises up her sleeve for us!

Chicoro

Could it be the SPF in it?

That's quite possible. And, I think there is something 'active' in raw, unrefined Shea butter that is not just blocking, but actually DOING something.

Shea butter is a TRUE QUEEN! She moves in silence. Thus, it is hard for me to pin down exactly what I am looking for. But her Regal-Ness drops clues left and right. I just got to be worthy enough and get my "Sherlock" on

and put it together.

Chicoro

It's never too late!!

I mixed up my first batch of shea butter today!!

1 lb shea butter - oslove organics
3 tablespoons sweet almond oil - molivera organics
1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
10 drops lavender essential oil - plant guru

Whip whip whip w my mixer until light and fluffy. Well fluffy anyway lol my mix is DENSE. But I wanted a mostly shea butter mix vased on what I've read in the thread and it melts/spreads easily.

*excited* can't wait to see how my hair gon act!

Those batches are looking yummy!