Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2018

Has Shea Butter 'got you'?

• Let me look over my investment portfolio and see if I have room for shea related stocks.

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • I've got 8 pounds in the house, I need to order me some more because I don't want to run out.

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • 1 Day without sealing my ends is just unthinkable.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • It works for me for now.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nah, I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Meh, I'm here for the posts.

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • That stuff just weighs down my hair. No thanks!

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I've been super busy. Ended up getting my hair twisted in an up-do a few weeks ago, took it down over the weekend. I spritzed with water and slathered the twists with shea about every other night. When I took the twists down my hair was super soft and shiny and the shed hair literally slipped out. No knots or tangles. AMAZING

Never got a chance to make my own mixes but my Mother heard my cry and sent me enough of her shea mix to get me through mid-May. I should be in a better place at that point and can get to mixing myself - finally! Congrats to all of the new Unicorns. Big hugs to everyone going through something.

Keep shea sliding ladies :toocool:

Great testimony! Glad to hear you didn't have any knots or tangles and that the shed hair slid right on out. That's the Shea Slide for you.

Chicoro

Don't forget to dress your best for the Extravaganza!

Chicoro

Made a new batch of whipped Shea butter and used way too much olive oil. The back of my neck and forehead are oily. I used vegetable oil in my last batch. I think I'm going to stick to that instead of this olive oil. Glad I didn't make a whole lot.

Olive oil is a lot lighter and more runny than vegetable oil. If you feel up to it, and decide to try again, you may want to add far less olive oil than vegetable oil to your next batch. No matter what you decide, let us know how its working for you.

kupenda

Awwww thank you ladies!!! I’m honored :2inlove:
Me and shea have a beautiful relationship. I keep her on my desk, in my car (since it’s still chill out), and at home. She’s helped my curls clump and stay that way, cut back on frizz, and she keeps the ends of twists together without rubber bands. Shed hair slides right out! I don’t need a comb. I’m so happy to have found this thread :amen:

caribeandiva

Human being
I picked up yet another Shea disciple. :lol: My cousin was telling me that she’s actively trying to grow out her hair. Since I can’t resist a hair convo, I asked her what’s her regimen. She was doing my old regimen pre-Shea. She keeps her hair very short so it worked for her. Now it wasn’t going to anymore (I know that’s why I changed it in the first place). Her hair is as dry as mine was. I love talking hair with her because she’s very teachable and listens to what I tell her to do.

Long story short we went to the BSS and picked up raw, unrefined Shea Butter and S-curl. She’s turned into a bit of a product junkie so she had everything else already :lol:. I showed her how to whip up her own batch of Shea with oils. We added jasmine oil to it and it didn’t do spit. It must be like the cheap kind I bought in the past. Anyway, I had her wash her hair, DC and had her use S-curl and seal with Shea. Her hair felt awesome and she’s excited. I told her to take pictures to stay motivated. This is the batch we whipped up.
C1788F94-8AB6-4DCC-879C-62949A84E6AA.jpeg

kupenda

I picked up yet another Shea disciple. :lol: My cousin was telling me that she’s actively trying to grow out her hair. Since I can’t resist a hair convo, I asked her what’s her regimen. She was doing my old regimen pre-Shea. She keeps her hair very short so it worked for her. Now it wasn’t going to anymore (I know that’s why I changed it in the first place). Her hair is as dry as mine was. I love talking hair with her because she’s very teachable and listens to what I tell her to do.

Long story short we went to the BSS and picked up raw, unrefined Shea Butter and S-curl. She’s turned into a bit of a product junkie so she had everything else already :lol:. I showed her how to whip up her own batch of Shea with oils. We added jasmine oil to it and it didn’t do spit. It must be like the cheap kind I bought in the past. Anyway, I had her wash her hair, DC and had her use S-curl and seal with Shea. Her hair felt awesome and she’s excited. I told her to take pictures to stay motivated. This is the batch we whipped up.
View attachment 429313

OMG it’s beautiful

CurlyWhoCrux

:cloud9:
I’m honored.

Seriously, I want to thank @Chicoro and @ThatJerseyGirl and @caribeandiva and literally everyone else in this thread and on this forum. I’ve lurked for years trying to understand how to better care for my thick, dry hair. All of your personal hair care reflections, revisions, rationales, and regimens (kudos to @YvetteWithJoy for the alliteration) have provided so much insight for me to take and rework into an understanding of caring for my own hair.

And a HUGE thanks to Queen Shea who sealed the moisture into my hair when no oil would. I’ve struggled with moisturizing for so long and thought that I needed to find a miracle conditioner to alleviate the dryness. I had no idea that it was with Queen Shea that I would see my issues subside. I’ve only been on this Shea journey for a month but I already see a changed the way way my hair feels, behaves, and looks. I can’t wait to see how it will be in December.

Thank you thank you thank you. :thankyou: