Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2018

Has Shea Butter 'got you'?

• Let me look over my investment portfolio and see if I have room for shea related stocks.

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • I've got 8 pounds in the house, I need to order me some more because I don't want to run out.

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • 1 Day without sealing my ends is just unthinkable.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • It works for me for now.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nah, I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Meh, I'm here for the posts.

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • That stuff just weighs down my hair. No thanks!

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I would like to Congratulate ALL the Shea-Mades into the Fall of Fame and receiving the beautiful Golden Pail Award.:congrats:

And to our Inspiration Sister @Chicoro

Thank you for Simplifying our Ha.ir Ca.re Game, Bringing Knowledge, Imparting Wisdom and Helping us to Reach New Lengths and Keeping us all Going & Growing Strong:flowers:

It's my pleasure.
@Chicoro @ElevatedEnergy @ThatJerseyGirl
What is your Summa-time SB Regi's? :beach:

Now that it's heating up - I need to know how to keep my look together.:sunshine:

Any Good Tips?:thought:

I'm a unicorn of habit. My current regimen originated from my Summer regimen. I'm greasy all year round.

Chicoro

@Chicoro
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yup. That's what I thought!:giggle:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
@Chicoro @ElevatedEnergy @ThatJerseyGirl
What is your Summa-time SB Regi's? :beach:

Now that it's heating up - I need to know how to keep my look together.:sunshine:

Any Good Tips?:thought:

I usually can't get away with washing every 2 weeks during the warmer months, so I'm making a conscious effort to wash every single week. No other changes other than that. @IDareT'sHair I'm sealing with Shea butter on wash day and doing my ends routine once or twice in Between wash days. My ends routine is to run warm water on my ends in the sink, apply moisturizer and then seal them with Shea butter. Any extra product left..... I slide up my length. Repeat on edges.

Style wise: Buns or braids

ThatJerseyGirl

I’m glad our words could bring you a little happiness. I don’t know what you must be going through right now but I can sense how much pain you’re in just by reading your words. Sending you a virtual hug. :bighug:If you choose to make a thread about it I’ll go in there. Otherwise know how much we all love you and have your back if needed.

Thank you so very much, dear heart. I am really hurting right now and thanks so much for the hugs, love and the support. I love each and every one of you on this forum, as I have been on here for a very long time. I'm just not in a good place right now, however, my hair is thriving and growing.

I will be here thanking threads and the like, but I am trying to figure some things out in my life right now. I will eventually make a thread about it, because .....well, because I want to.

ThursdayGirl

So..... I recently length checked in the shower and I was just reaching WHIP length.... Straightened a little and am back to waist length.... But I'm fine with that because of the constant knotting.

I also decided to get some white shea butter. I made a batch with white, yellow and cocoa butter. I like it for warmer weather and its not as sticky. Going forward I'll play with white shea butter and see how that works. From previous experience I don't care for white but I'm still willing to revisit.

Also, for anyone interested, I've just been using glycerin and water, HBCO/coffee oil, and shea butter. Holds very well and really good moisture.

I remember you gave me some advice months ago about clay washing (I believe it was you). Would you mind sharing your routine? If you‘d rather PM, that is fine too.

LivingInPeace

Another good moisturizer to pair with Shea butter (for me) has been:
Curls Creme Brule whipped curl cream

So far, we have Shea Siblings reporting great results from pairing Queen Shea with:

Water/Glycerin mix
Water/Aloe Vera Mix
S Curl
Oyin Hair Dew
Curls Creme Brule
I bought a big bottle of aloe Vera juice today. I’m going to mix it with water in a spray bottle and seal it in my hair with my shea. The last Shea mix I made is really hard to start but when I break off a piece and rub it in my hands it melts down and goes on incredibly smooth.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Still super impressed how SB & SB Blends quickly help to remove 'sheds' and knots on Wash Day. For the most part, they just loosen up and slide right out.

After suffering a detangling nightmare which caused a set-back due to improperly detangling at the end of 2017 (which resulted in having to cut) SB-Blends has drastically improved my wash day.

Wash Days are fun & relaxing again:grin: - It had got to be dreadful (no pun intended) because I felt like I was doing a terrible job detangling.

But a little S-Curl and a little SB has primarily alleviated my dread.:lol:

I hope to regain everything I lost by the end of 2018.:rose:

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
Those batches are looking yummy!

They really are. I'm in love! I do wish it melted/spread a little easier because I do have to really work the product into my hair but WOW the shine the sleekness the softness. On another level.

Added bonus somehow my twists magically dry crazy fast like I usually have to leave them in for at least 2 days to lock in the curl pattern but if I set with shea butter on dry/damp hair I can take out after a few hours. Amazing.

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
Another good moisturizer to pair with Shea butter (for me) has been:
Curls Creme Brule whipped curl cream

So far, we have Shea Siblings reporting great results from pairing Queen Shea with:

Water/Glycerin mix
Water/Aloe Vera Mix
S Curl
Oyin Hair Dew
Curls Creme Brule

What ratio of glycerin or aloe vera juice do you use ? I'm trying to get back to nature and use completely natural products. I sealed with water alone last time but it wasn't enough moisture. I'm thinking of trying a diy tea spritz with rose/hibiscus water aloe vera juice and maybe glycerin but I've always heard that can lead to dry hair if not used right

Chicoro

Speaking of speaking things into existence...

"Since every idle word I speak, I must give account for then by my word I shall be justified and by my word, I shall be condemned. My word shall not return unto me void. But my word shall prosper in all things to where I send it.

I shall send my word to help a friend and sister, @ThatJerseyGirl . How?

I imagine her 'font', that she is physically present before me, that my hand is gently touching her shoulder. I then imagine that I congratulate her on her good fortune. I tell her that I have never seen her look better. I listen as though I hear her. I imagine her telling me that she has never felt better! She has never been happier. I know in this loving and knowing communion with her, a communion populated with loving thoughts and feelings,
that MY WORD was SENT!

And it shall not return unto me void. But it shall prosper where I sent it. It is only what is done now, that counts. I listen attentively, as though I heard her say these words to me. Imagination is not folly, but the gateway to reality. It helps to create the events and the relationships of life, where my word is made visible. Through the bold and active use of my imagination, I can stretch out my hand and touch my friend, @ThatJerseyGirl , 10,000 miles away and bring health and wealth to her being."

(Modified from Neville Goddard)
Self Talk Creates Reality

Chicoro

What ratio of glycerin or aloe vera juice do you use ? I'm trying to get back to nature and use completely natural products. I sealed with water alone last time but it wasn't enough moisture. I'm thinking of trying a diy tea spritz with rose/hibiscus water aloe vera juice and maybe glycerin but I've always heard that can lead to dry hair if not used right

I would like to know this, too. Because then, I can just buy me some glycerin and mix it down with some water or whatever and look cute naturally. I still would have one unnatural product in my arsenal and hair care routine, and that would be Aphogee 2 Step. I've been trying for years to duplicate it. I have't had any luck, yet.

Let's call on Her Mixtress, Herself, @ElevatedEnergy !

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing

While transitioning, I would do a 1 to 4 ratio. However as a fully natural, my hair does not care much for either. Even if I put a drop of glyercin in water, it will feel sticky. For aloe Vera; I have to only do rinses and when I do, I get quite a bit of tangles so I no longer use either concoction. I tend to like them in ready made products though.

I listed it because there were others who said they had success in the thread. Maybe they can chime in?

Edited to tag @Chicoro in the post. Hopefully one of the ladies having success with their mixes can share!

Chicoro

While transitioning, I would do a 1 to 4 ratio. However as a fully natural, my hair does not care much for either. Even if I put a drop of glyercin in water, it will feel sticky. For aloe Vera; I have to only do rinses and when I do, I get quite a bit of tangles so I no longer use either concoction. I tend to like them in ready made products though.

I listed it because there were others who said they had success in the thread. Maybe they can chime in?

Edited to tag @Chicoro in the post. Hopefully one of the ladies having success with their mixes can share!

Thank you!

Hmmmm....let's see what fabulousness our thread members and unicorns add to this idea. I'm excited!

Chicoro

I realized that part of the pleasure of making a new batch of Shea butter is having a clean, shiny, warm and dry glass jar. The last time my experience was not as satisfying because I still had a bit of the old batch left, and added my new batch to a 'dirty' jar.

Not this time. I want my Shea Satisfaction to be HIGH, this time around. A clean, shiny empty glass jar is a MUST!

caribeandiva

Human being
The pipes in my bathroom have been slowly getting clogged. That’s not surprising since I’ve been using Shea daily since December. I knew what I had to do but I was avoiding it and hoping it would resolve itself. :spinning: Story of my life basically. :lol: I remembered the sour salt suggestion in this thread. I went to 3 grocery stores including Walmart and couldn’t find it. Checked the Jewish/Kosher food section and everything still nada. Even had the clerks there helping me. Oh well. I decided to get some generic Drano clog clearing gel at Publix and called it a day. I poured it in my bathtub and bathroom sink and let it sit for 30 minutes. I poured boiling hot water down the drain to rinse it out and no more clogs!! Hallelujah! I’m excited for wash day later today! :yay:

Saga

The Generous Queen
I am in the process of moving out, and may not be able to make precious shea for a while. So, I decided to make an extra 6 batches (Kept four, gave 2 to my mom). This time I use avocado, grape seed oil, coconut oil, lemon, jasmine, rose, and grapefruit oil. I think it was the best batch yet, it was also the biggest batch. I had to double boil the sea butter in three parts!