Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2018

Has Shea Butter 'got you'?

• Let me look over my investment portfolio and see if I have room for shea related stocks.

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • I've got 8 pounds in the house, I need to order me some more because I don't want to run out.

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • 1 Day without sealing my ends is just unthinkable.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • It works for me for now.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nah, I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Meh, I'm here for the posts.

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • That stuff just weighs down my hair. No thanks!

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters

GettingKinky

Ahm...well since you asked...

I don't know. But Shea is definitely for me, like you described! Un-whipped Shea butter left my hair hard, coated, dull and greasy. Whipped Shea butter got me and my hair sprung.

Be careful, you may slide into Whipped Shea butter addiction, like many of us here. If so, be prepared for 40 pounds of Shea in storage in your home, to feel like it's not enough because you need more 'as back up'. That's when you know you got it bad.

Maybe my issue is that my SB isn’t whipped enough, because I feel like mine just kind of cakes onto my hair. I added minimal oil. I’m going to try adding more oil and rewhipping. And maybe I’ll add cocoa powder too...

Aggie

I am taking a break from most things hair for the time being. I am more into managing my money and learning everything I can about forex so I can start trading. I need money and I can't spend much of it on hair stuff or anything else for that matter right now.

I own my own business but it's not enough so I'm venturing out into unchartered waters, something totally foreign to me. I'm scared and totally excited all at the same time because I get to challenge my brain and my pocket book at once.

My poor shea butter mix has been used only on my body for the past 3 weeks or so. My hair has not had much shea-love lately but my body sure is happy because of her!

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I've been touching my hair all day because it's so soft.... I just ordered more Jakeala alma shea parfait since it takes almost a month to arrive. I'll be through my current order in no time. Maybe I'll try whipping up my own one day.

It will be cheaper and more convenient for you if you do. You may want to try whipping some while you have your current product. That way, when the time is come for some new product, you will be ready. All the trial and error will be behind you.

Chicoro

I am taking a break from most things hair for the time being. I am more into managing my money and learning everything I can about forex so I can start trading. I need money and I can't spend much of it on hair stuff or anything else for that matter right now.

I own my own business but it's not enough so I'm venturing out into unchartered waters, something totally foreign to me. I'm scared and totally excited all at the same time because I get to challenge my brain and my pocket book at once.

My poor shea butter mix has been used only on my body for the past 3 weeks or so. My hair has not had much shea-love lately but my body sure is happy because of her!

Good luck! I'll go ahead and imagine that you know and feel that you already have the money you need and want. And because of that, it is just a matter of time for it to show up.

VictoriousBrownFlower

Because of Chicoro and fluffyforever's posts about how amazing whipped shea butter is compared to the straight raw stuff I finally dipped my foot in the pool of whipping up some myself. I AM IN LOVE!!!! I kinda just winged it and threw the rest of my unrefined yellow shea butter (maybe an ounce) in with a bit of jojoba oil and hemp seed butter and whipped to the consistency of whipped cream. WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!

After washing I applied my other products like normal and then a dollup of the shea mix on top. It MELTED into my hair like butta. Normally the raw shea makes my hair feel coated but this here absorbed into my hair like no otha. It was so easy to work with and I can't rave enough. Don't get me wrong I loved me some shea but this is like a milder gentler yet super moisturizing and fast absorbing big sister of shea.

All I can think now is if these rinky dink ingredients can do me like this what can some fully tailored and awesome ingredients do?

fluffyforever

@fluffyforever
While Jakeala's SB is really :love: GOODT - you will be amazed what whipping your own will do!

Gather a few empty jars, add some nicely fragrance Oils, a mixer and you'll be good.:yep:
@Chicoro

I definitely will to save some money in the future. I bought some more Jakeala before I thought of making my own, but that will be getting expensive, even with the discount. At least I'll have some nice jars to refill with my own batch lol.

fluffyforever

Because of Chicoro and fluffyforever's posts about how amazing whipped shea butter is compared to the straight raw stuff I finally dipped my foot in the pool of whipping up some myself. I AM IN LOVE!!!! I kinda just winged it and threw the rest of my unrefined yellow shea butter (maybe an ounce) in with a bit of jojoba oil and hemp seed butter and whipped to the consistency of whipped cream. WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!

After washing I applied my other products like normal and then a dollup of the shea mix on top. It MELTED into my hair like butta. Normally the raw shea makes my hair feel coated but this here absorbed into my hair like no otha. It was so easy to work with and I can't rave enough. Don't get me wrong I loved me some shea but this is like a milder gentler yet super moisturizing and fast absorbing big sister of shea.

All I can think now is if these rinky dink ingredients can do me like this what can some fully tailored and awesome ingredients do?
So I'm not crazy... there really is a difference in whipping!

I used some more last night ny rewetting my hair and applying enough for good slippage. My hair was smooth and sleek with the butter and a bit greasy, but I don't care. My hair feels wonderful this morning. I pulled back into a greasy updo lol.

Chicoro

Girl, you've been TURNT OUT!
Whipped Shea butter knocked that straight Shea stuff out your hands and out your LIFE!

Chicoro

@ElevatedEnergy I want to order some Shea butter from 3Cayg, however I was a little confused about ordering the 5 lb pails. There is a choice between filtered and non-filtered SB. What has been your experience with them and which do you recommend to order? If anyone else can share, please feel free to do so. I truly appreciate this. :help:

I haven't ordered a thing, but you know I got to put in my 2 cents, with ZERO EXPERIENCE and knowledge about this vendor. I say get the non-filtered. You want to get the stuff as close to Mother Earth as possible. But, if you want informed facts...talk to @ElevatedEnergy .

Chicoro

So I'm not crazy... there really is a difference in whipping!

I used some more last night ny rewetting my hair and applying enough for good slippage. My hair was smooth and sleek with the butter and a bit greasy, but I don't care. My hair feels wonderful this morning. I pulled back into a greasy updo lol.

No baby, you aren't crazy...just a little bit. But you know what they say, sometimes love will do that to you. And you obviously love you some Shea butter just as much as the rest of us.

So ahm...

:bighug::welcome4:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
@ElevatedEnergy I want to order some Shea butter from 3Cayg, however I was a little confused about ordering the 5 lb pails. There is a choice between filtered and non-filtered SB. What has been your experience with them and which do you recommend to order? If anyone else can share, please feel free to do so. I truly appreciate this. :help:

I don't remember which one I ordered. :cry3:I checked my pail and it doesn't say. Checked my invoice for you and it doesn't say either. The price is also no indication, as what I paid is not even on the site now...maybe I got it during a sale? If I had to guess, I'd say unfiltered because that price seems closest to what I paid. Here is the SKU number if that helps any....

20180522_114421.jpg

I haven't opened the pails yet (I was sent (2) 5 pound pails instead of (1) 10 pound pail like I ordered) so I can't really give a review. Sis, I'm still working on that Cleopatra Shea butter I ordered. I have around 3 more pounds of it to go through before I can dive into my 3cayg. :lachen:Wish I was more help, but my Shea hoarding has prevented me from an official review. :abducted:

Garner

I don't remember which one I ordered. :cry3:I checked my pail and it doesn't say. Checked my invoice for you and it doesn't say either. The price is also no indication, as what I paid is not even on the site now...maybe I got it during a sale? If I had to guess, I'd say unfiltered because that price seems closest to what I paid. Here is the SKU number if that helps any....

View attachment 430547

I haven't opened the pails yet (I was sent (2) 5 pound pails instead of (1) 10 pound pail like I ordered) so I can't really give a review. Sis, I'm still working on that Cleopatra Shea butter I ordered. I have around 3 more pounds of it to go through before I can dive into my 3cayg. :lachen:Wish I was more help, but my Shea hoarding has prevented me from an official review. :abducted:
I understand. Your help and @Chicoro is greatly appreciated. I will get the unfiltered. Sis, Cleo's prices have increased and I have seen nothing but great reviews on this board for 3Cayg. I also was taken aback when I called CC and was told the Shea has a shelf life of 6 months. I know at one point I saw 2 years on their website. Oh well. I wish there was a coupon code for 3Cayg, however that's fine. :)

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I understand. Your help and @Chicoro is greatly appreciated. I will get the unfiltered. Sis, Cleo's prices have increased and I have seen nothing but great reviews on this board for 3Cayg. I also was taken aback when I called CC and was told the Shea has a shelf life of 6 months. I know at one point I saw 2 years on their website. Oh well. I wish there was a coupon code for 3Cayg, however that's fine. :)

@Garner Cleo told me the same when I called....6 month shelf life.

3cayg gives an 18 month shelf life. My pail says Manufactered 3/2018 and expires 9/2019. I can tell you how to get a $5 coupon from 3cayg....it's not much but it will help with shipping. I'll PM you.

Chicoro

Gel used with Shea butter vs Shea butter used without Gel (Scurl used for both cases)

What I've noticed is that my hair stays super, super neat when I tap my wet roots with gel and then add my Shea butter on top. BUTTTTTTTTTT......my braids DRAW up to my thoat [that's me pronouncing 'throat' in frustration].

What I've noticed with Shea butter only, and no gel,is that my braids don't draw up as much, BUTTTTTT my hair gets super messy and has the fuzzies at the root.

So, I take the gel!

Last edited:

Chicoro

Looks like that Shea train is barreling through again at month #6, which is coming up. It stops wherever you need to get on board. We got plenty of space.

Shea Train making rounds again...You got your ticket and timetable? Don't miss the train!

Chicoro

If things stay consistent, I'm due for a Shea Spurt of Growth by the end of June, 2018. I've yet to give myself a deep trim.

I haven't straightened my hair since September 2014, but I have trimmed some since then. I just love my little braids and don't want to even straighten my hair.

Garner

Gel used with Shea butter vs Shea butter used without Gel (Scurl used for both cases)

What I've noticed is that my hair stays super, super neat when I tap my wet roots with gel and then add my Shea butter on top. BUTTTTTTTTTT......my braids DRAW up to my thoat [that's me pronouncing 'throat' in frustration].

What I've noticed with Shea butter only, and no gel,is that my braids don't draw up as much, BUTTTTTT my hair gets super messy and has the fuzzies at the root.

So, I take the gel!
@Chicoro I know gel keeps the frizz away, so are you applying S-Curl, Gel and Shea Butter roots to tip or roots to beginning of braid only (S-Curl and Shea Butter on the remainder)? Hope that makes sense.