Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2018

Has Shea Butter 'got you'?

• Let me look over my investment portfolio and see if I have room for shea related stocks.

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • I've got 8 pounds in the house, I need to order me some more because I don't want to run out.

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • 1 Day without sealing my ends is just unthinkable.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • It works for me for now.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nah, I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Meh, I'm here for the posts.

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • That stuff just weighs down my hair. No thanks!

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Only 5 months left!

That's right! And they are going to come and go FAST! I still got a whole bunch of Shea Made Hair Unicorn passes to give out before the Extravaganza. But it looks like folks aren't interested.

That's okay. That means more of a chance for me to win those boots with the fur door prize!

Last edited:

VictoriousBrownFlower

Where did you order from?
I bought the most awesome 26 oz glass jar from mountain rose herb. It was large enough for me to whip my shea mix in the jar so none went to waste. I love this thing. It's so convenient and beautiful to boot. I also really love the clasp. It made cleaning up so easy because I just had to clean a spoon and the beaters. This is the one I got https://www.mountainroseherbs.com/products/pantry-jar/profile

This time when I mixed my shea I used the most top quality ingredients and it made a HUGE difference. I used jojoba, hemp, and avocado oil from mountain rose herb with my 3cayg yellow shea and wow. For one I can tell everything is the real deal and it really shocked me what the real deal looks feels and smells like. I mean the oils are really watery and smell like nothing I've ever smelled before when it comes down to the previous same oils from different companies. The hemp oil actually smells like grass, and the avocado oil smells like avocados. That's so weird to me. All 3 of them are also way more watery than I'm use to an oil being.

The shea is also much different then I'm use to. The texture, color, smell is all so different. When I used it for the first time today after washing the whipped butter was kinda hard not airy and whipped like my prev blend but melted amazingly in my hands and hair. It also spread reallllyyyy nicely in my hair. I sectioned off my hair and put each section in 2 braids like I norm do to prepare to twist later and when I took them out OMG!!!!!! MY HAIR IS SOOOOO SOOFFFTTT!!!!! My hair has literally never felt this way b4. It's a keeper. The oils may cost more but it really does make a difference. I will say though with the real oils you need a fragrance oil with it. The scent isn't strong but not what I would call pleasant.

yamilee21

Shea mixtresses, are there mixtures that have not worked for you? My most recent batch has mango butter, and while it seems as nice as previous mixtures, the shrinkage is out of control. It has been a while, but I have mixed with mango butter before; I just don't remember getting super-shrinkage with it. With this batch, my hair starts shrinking as soon as I open the jar, without even applying it, :lachen:.

Chicoro

I bought the most awesome 26 oz glass jar from mountain rose herb. It was large enough for me to whip my shea mix in the jar so none went to waste. I love this thing. It's so convenient and beautiful to boot. I also really love the clasp. It made cleaning up so easy because I just had to clean a spoon and the beaters. This is the one I got https://www.mountainroseherbs.com/products/pantry-jar/profile

This time when I mixed my shea I used the most top quality ingredients and it made a HUGE difference. I used jojoba, hemp, and avocado oil from mountain rose herb with my 3cayg yellow shea and wow. For one I can tell everything is the real deal and it really shocked me what the real deal looks feels and smells like. I mean the oils are really watery and smell like nothing I've ever smelled before when it comes down to the previous same oils from different companies. The hemp oil actually smells like grass, and the avocado oil smells like avocados. That's so weird to me. All 3 of them are also way more watery than I'm use to an oil being.

The shea is also much different then I'm use to. The texture, color, smell is all so different. When I used it for the first time today after washing the whipped butter was kinda hard not airy and whipped like my prev blend but melted amazingly in my hands and hair. It also spread reallllyyyy nicely in my hair. I sectioned off my hair and put each section in 2 braids like I norm do to prepare to twist later and when I took them out OMG!!!!!! MY HAIR IS SOOOOO SOOFFFTTT!!!!! My hair has literally never felt this way b4. It's a keeper. The oils may cost more but it really does make a difference. I will say though with the real oils you need a fragrance oil with it. The scent isn't strong but not what I would call pleasant.

I read this like a romance or exciting crime novel. This was sooooo good!

michelle81

To those of you who have a lot of Shea Butter, do you store it in the fridge?

I ordered 5 pounds from 3cayg that should be here today. I'll whip up probably 1/2 pound at a time - do I keep the rest in the fridge until ready to use?

kupenda

I may need to look into this for the winter. I like Vaseline on top of my lotion. But shea can be used top to bottom. I started using shea in the late winter (February/March) and loved it but I was rationing it out because my hair hates cold weather with a passion. I’ll look into some recipes. I’d love to use my own body mixes

Goombay_Summer

To those of you who have a lot of Shea Butter, do you store it in the fridge?

I ordered 5 pounds from 3cayg that should be here today. I'll whip up probably 1/2 pound at a time - do I keep the rest in the fridge until ready to use?

I hope that someone who’s more experienced with Queen Shea chimes in. I know that naptural85's keeps her raw SB in the fridge.

ThatJerseyGirl

Shea mixtresses, are there mixtures that have not worked for you? My most recent batch has mango butter, and while it seems as nice as previous mixtures, the shrinkage is out of control. It has been a while, but I have mixed with mango butter before; I just don't remember getting super-shrinkage with it. With this batch, my hair starts shrinking as soon as I open the jar, without even applying it, :lachen:.

Yes, I have. I made a batch with argon oil and I didn't particularly care for it. While mixing, my shea butter clumped into a big ball lololol....and I know the only thing that I added that was different was argon oil. Needless to say, my husband inherited that ball and i just mashed it into his container. He doesn't care because he uses it every single day. It's his go-to all purpose cream :)

Daina

I typically use mango butter in my mixes. My hair shrinks really bad naturally on it's own so I don't think the mango butter made it worse. When I whip my next batch I will just use shea butter and see if there is a difference. I will never get used to the shrinkage...:(

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
Since using shea butter on my hair I’ve noticed fewer hangnails and my cuticles look much better overall. What’s the difference in the cuticle one vs the body one
Just what I mix them with. My cuticle mix is only Shea and lanolin, with lavender vanilla fragrance oil. My body mix is Shea butter, sunflower oil, and vitamin e with jasmine vanilla fragrance oil. I plan to add mango butter and grapeseed oil to my next batch of body butter too.

GGsKin

My new mix is pineapple scented and I love it, even though I threw in some unmetlted chunks and they didn't mix as light. Made myself enough to fill two jars- a 16.25 oz, and an 8 oz.2018-07-21_09.59.06.jpg

Then I saw my brother. He asked me for a jar so on Monday, after melting and freezing the Shea butter, I started whipping and added:
A good few spoons of coconut oil,
My calendula+fenugreek oil blend (includes other goodies),
A little neem (not in the mix made for myself),
Tea tree essential oil,
Lavender essential oil,
Pineapple fragrance (dominant as requested)
Vanilla fragrance, to round it out.

Chicoro

My new mix is pineapple scented and I love it, even though I threw in some unmetlted chunks and they didn't mix as light. Made myself enough to fill two jars- a 16.25 oz, and an 8 oz.View attachment 433281

Then I saw my brother. He asked me for a jar so on Monday, after melting and freezing the Shea butter, I started whipping and added:
A good few spoons of coconut oil,
My calendula+fenugreek oil blend (includes other goodies),
A little neem (not in the mix made for myself),
Tea tree essential oil,
Lavender essential oil,
Pineapple fragrance (dominant as requested)
Vanilla fragrance, to round it out.

Is the placement of your butter mix a subliminal invitation to people in North America and South America to go across the pond and try your mix?

GGsKin

Is the placement of your butter mix a subliminal invitation to people in North America and South America to go across the pond and try your mix?

Lol I wouldn't wanna stop them. I did wonder if someone would think the placement was on purpose. That's just my tablecloth. It shows the world but that's the part that's always clear and has the best light:).