Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2018

Has Shea Butter 'got you'?

• Let me look over my investment portfolio and see if I have room for shea related stocks.

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • I've got 8 pounds in the house, I need to order me some more because I don't want to run out.

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • 1 Day without sealing my ends is just unthinkable.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • It works for me for now.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nah, I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Meh, I'm here for the posts.

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • That stuff just weighs down my hair. No thanks!

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Monthly progress. Last one till the Shea extravaganza next month!!!
View attachment 437899

It looks like you get a growth spurt every other month. You may want to record the exact months this has happened to be able to optimize them in 2019. Also, it is always good to know more about yourself. You have a photographic record of your growth pattern documented in this thread. You may want to go back and write it all down.

caribeandiva

Human being
It looks like you get a growth spurt every other month. You may want to record the exact months this has happened to be able to optimize them in 2019. Also, it is always good to know more about yourself. You have a photographic record of your growth pattern documented in this thread. You may want to go back and write it all down.
Good idea! Here I was thinking I wasn’t making progress but it was that I get a growth spurt every other month.

Chicoro

Good idea! Here I was thinking I wasn’t making progress but it was that I get a growth spurt every other month.

You may want to write down in WHICH MONTHS EXACTLY you got your growth spurts. You may want to start with November and work backward. It probably will repeat the same growth pattern in 2019.

For example, if you know you are going to get a spurt in November, the time to trim would be in December to gain and retain as much length as possible.

When you have compiled your list of months when you got your growth spurts, can you post it for us to see and share with you?

caribeandiva

Human being
You may want to write down in WHICH MONTHS EXACTLY you got your growth spurts. You may want to start with November and work backward. It probably will repeat the same growth pattern in 2019.

For example, if you know you are going to get a spurt in November, the time to trim would be in December to gain and retain as much length as possible.

When you have compiled your list of months when you got your growth spurts, can you post it for us to see and share with you?
I will

Chicoro

I would say your [main] growth spurt happens October to March. That may be due to keeping hair covered during the cooler months. But, the point is to focus on maximizing your length retention from October to March. That's a solid six (6) months go growth possibility. No cutting at that time.

You can cut [as in TRIM the hair] in May because you get additional growth spurts around June and July. You've got some great documentation and very, very valuable information from your photo documentation. Some people go through their entire hair journeys and never realize this.

Bravo! Happy Super Growing!

Chicoro

Facts lol please see attached. No bleach was involved we just toned (whatever that means) lighter. I was going for a reddish brown but not orange lol it’s not like crazy or nothin but I’ve never put any color (besides henna) in my hair before so it feels real different to me. I was super shocked Day 1 but it’s growing on me and I think it’ll look cute as it grows out — I’m definitely going to be counting on queen Shea to help me maintain and grow healthy hair

I, Chicoro, hereby nominate @sunkissed to the Shea Made Hair Hall of Fame on Sunday, November 18th, 2018 for her super beautiful hair color, aided before and after by Queen Shea!

@caribeandiva !

caribeandiva

Human being
I would say your [main] growth spurt happens October to March. That may be due to keeping hair covered during the cooler months. But, the point is to focus on maximizing your length retention from October to March. That's a solid six (6) months go growth possibility. No cutting at that time.

You can cut [as in TRIM the hair] in May because you get additional growth spurts around June and July. You've got some great documentation and very, very valuable information from your photo documentation. Some people go through their entire hair journeys and never realize this.

Bravo! Happy Super Growing!
Gotcha! Thank you for helping me figure this out.

fluffyforever

Tonight was wash day after not washing for about 2 weeks. All I've had in my hair was Hair Dew, AVG, and whipped shea.

This was one of the easiest washes ever. When water hit my hair I was surprised how soft my hair was and how easily the tangles melted. I smelled the AVG so I assume it was a major factor even though I didn't apply it recently. I feel my hair is retaining moisture over all and much better than ever before.

Now I just have to work on this crazy shedding. Hopefully the increase in moisture levels will help with that.

VictoriousBrownFlower

face and body is on point with my shea mix. I added jbco to my mix of (3 cay g) yellow shea (mountain rose herb) avocado jojoba and hemp seed oil and am in love. Hair and body is in love with this new mix. I'm so mad I didn't use it on my skin earlier. I didn't realize I actually have dry skin on my face!!!! The shea absorbs beautifully and my skin is so beautifully soft and glowing from within. Oiliness is no longer an issue. My neice asked me what I was doing and I told her. so now she's using my mix too. I love putting people onto all natural stuff.

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
face and body is on point with my shea mix. I added jbco to my mix of (3 cay g) yellow shea (mountain rose herb) avocado jojoba and hemp seed oil and am in love. Hair and body is in love with this new mix. I'm so mad I didn't use it on my skin earlier. I didn't realize I actually have dry skin on my face!!!! The shea absorbs beautifully and my skin is so beautifully soft and glowing from within. Oiliness is no longer an issue. My neice asked me what I was doing and I told her. so now she's using my mix too. I love putting people onto all natural stuff.
Yay! I was in the same boat as you. I thought I had oily skin then I had a facial analysis and it turns out I really have dry skin.

Chicoro

I've been growing my hair since about 1842. Like Jack Nicolson's character in the movie, "The Shining", had I been captured in the photo below, my hair STILL would likely be hanging around and above my shoulders, even after 1 full century of growth.

To my Shea Sisters,

This is my hair after almost 2 full years of Shea butter usage. Don't hate the butter,
hate the game. No matter how long my hair gets, it NEVER hangs past my
shoulders. NEVER. This is hair pictured that has been washed and deep conditioned.
The mirror has stuff all over it because when I detangle with product, the
product goes everywhere.
Shrinkage3 Nov 21 2018.JPG

I take my own photos so they are struggle photos. There is
no product or leave in, on my hair.
Shrinkage2 Nov 21 2018.JPG

Here's a better angle with better lighting. If I leave my
hair to dry loose, it will shrink up to my ears.
Shrinkage4 Nov 21 2018.JPG

The fact that my hair shrinks up like it does is why I
have developed so many techniques to gain and retain
length. Hair that shrinks tends to tangle and break. Thus,
gaining length is quite a challenge.
Shrinkage5 Nov 21 2018.JPG

BUT, here below is my hair during the conditioner process and with me pulling it.
The difference is night and day. I washed and conditioned my
hair in twists for the first time ever, too. It worked out well. I usually use braids.
Shrinkage1 Nov 21 2018.JPG

• When doing my wash and condition process, I noticed that my hair was super, super soft. My ends were tangle free and did not pop, catch or break in the comb. I had a lot of shedded hair only.
  • I fully detangled every braid using a comb during this wash session.
  • I love my Shea butter soft and buttery. I get it that way by adding LOTS of oil to my Shea butter when mixing it down!

Shea butter has helped the health, length and retention of my hair a lot. When wet and stretched I can see my length gains beautifully. When devoid of product and left to air dry loose, any length 'disappears' into the shrinkage.

I've learned an exponential amount of information about my hair and hair in general, in 2017 and in 2018. I'm still grateful and appreciative of the knowledge and hair growing imparted to me via Queen Shea!

caribeandiva

Human being
When wet and stretched I can see my length gains beautifully. When devoid of product and left to air dry loose, any length 'disappears' into the shrinkage.
I’m still flabbergasted at your shrinkage pictures!! It’s good to see that my hair is very normal when it does that. I used to get so discouraged stepping out of the shower to ear length. It felt like I was no progress. Thank you for posting that. It really helps.

Alma Petra

I've been growing my hair since about 1842. Like Jack Nicolson's character in the movie, "The Shining", had I been captured in the photo below, my hair STILL would likely be hanging around and above my shoulders, even after 1 full century of growth.

To my Shea Sisters,

This is my hair after almost 2 full years of Shea butter usage. Don't hate the butter,
hate the game. No matter how long my hair gets, it NEVER hangs past my
shoulders. NEVER. This is hair pictured that has been washed and deep conditioned.
The mirror has stuff all over it because when I detangle with product, the
product goes everywhere.
View attachment 438185

I take my own photos so they are struggle photos. There is
no product or leave in, on my hair.
View attachment 438187

Here's a better angle with better lighting. If I leave my
hair to dry loose, it will shrink up to my ears.
View attachment 438189

The fact that my hair shrinks up like it does is why I
have developed so many techniques to gain and retain
length. Hair that shrinks tends to tangle and break. Thus,
gaining length is quite a challenge.
View attachment 438191

BUT, here below is my hair during the conditioner process and with me pulling it.
The difference is night and day. I washed and conditioned my
hair in twists for the first time ever, too. It worked out well. I usually use braids.
View attachment 438193

• When doing my wash and condition process, I noticed that my hair was super, super soft. My ends were tangle free and did not pop, catch or break in the comb. I had a lot of shedded hair only.
  • I fully detangled every braid using a comb during this wash session.
  • I love my Shea butter soft and buttery. I get it that way by adding LOTS of oil to my Shea butter when mixing it down!

Shea butter has helped the health, length and retention of my hair a lot. When wet and stretched I can see my length gains beautifully. When devoid of product and left to air dry loose, any length 'disappears' into the shrinkage.

I've learned an exponential amount of information about my hair and hair in general, in 2017 and in 2018. I'm still grateful and appreciative of the knowledge and hair growing imparted to me via Queen Shea!
Amazing length Chicoro! Congratulations on all your achievements this year!

Sarabellam

Shea butter showed up and showed out again!

My hands have been benefiting when I apply Shea butter to my hair and other people have been commenting.

Last week while at work I introduced myself to a family by shaking each person’s hand. They were a middle aged dad, mom, and preteen daughter. I shook the dad’s hand last and he exclaimed “Your hands are so soft!” The daughter looked embarrassed and the situation was so extra my boss and mentor stopped typing on his computer. I just smiled and said “Thank you, it’s the hand sanitizer that we use here.” Because I know from history with my own happily married parents that situations like this are what trigger older wives to run out and buy half of Sephora. Later, I realized that I freshened up my hair that morning with my shea butter mix.

This morning my mom commented on how soft my hands were and I used shea butter yesterday morning! Shea butter has greater than 24 hour results for hair and skin!

Over time Shea butter has softened and reversed the wear and tear my hands have experienced over the last 7-8 years!

Chicoro

Shea butter showed up and showed out again!

My hands have been benefiting when I apply Shea butter to my hair and other people have been commenting.

Last week while at work I introduced myself to a family by shaking each person’s hand. They were a middle aged dad, mom, and preteen daughter. I shook the dad’s hand last and he exclaimed “Your hands are so soft!” The daughter looked embarrassed and the situation was so extra my boss and mentor stopped typing on his computer. I just smiled and said “Thank you, it’s the hand sanitizer that we use here.” Because I know from history with my own happily married parents that situations like this are what trigger older wives to run out and buy half of Sephora. Later, I realized that I freshened up my hair that morning with my shea butter mix.

This morning my mom commented on how soft my hands were and I used shea butter yesterday morning! Shea butter has greater than 24 hour results for hair and skin!

Over time Shea butter has softened and reversed the wear and tear my hands have experienced over the last 7-8 years!

Shea grows nails and hair, too. I hope none of us don't wake up to hands looking like this:

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
@SunkissedLife Welcome to the Shea made hair hall of fame!!!

View attachment 438071

@Chicoro
FREAKING OUT ! NO WAY ! THANK YOU

I can’t believe I would be nominated I feel like I’m not even hair goals yet. But *geeked* y’all think my hair is beautiful and yes yes yes Shea hurts is gonna save protect and nourish this strands allll year going forward. Not to mention I just got a fresh press and feelin myself !! Pics. The length hasn’t grown astronomical but even others have noted the health of my hair. Shea butter enriches your hair, it is noticeably thicker and has got my edges growing in, Shea protects the stands from damage, and imparts a deep shine like my hair shines from the inside.

I’ll consider this my starting pic for next year I believe Shea butter will help me finally reach APL

View media item 129925
View media item 129923