Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2018

Has Shea Butter 'got you'?

• Let me look over my investment portfolio and see if I have room for shea related stocks.

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • I've got 8 pounds in the house, I need to order me some more because I don't want to run out.

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • 1 Day without sealing my ends is just unthinkable.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • It works for me for now.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nah, I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Meh, I'm here for the posts.

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • That stuff just weighs down my hair. No thanks!

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters

Jetblackhair

Has anyone used the shea butter regimen while in box braids? If so, what was your routine? I have an appointment for Sunday...

I'm wearing small box braids and I added my whipped Shea butter to each strand of hair after moisturing, then proceeded to put in my braid extension. I plan on keeping my braids in for 6-8 weeks and then give my hair a 2 week break before the next installment. During the break I will continue to use my whipped Shea butter. I love braiding my own hair because I can take out any braid to check my moisture level. The braids I have redone so far feel so soft and smooth and the shed hairs slide right out. This is my first braid install using Shea butter as my sealant.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I’m feeling the Shea slide

NCHairDiva

WAIST LENGTH 2019
Well it's been 3 days since I'e taken down my twist (1 at a time) and moisturized and sealed bit my "BAE" (Shea) So, although I' extremely tired I' going to go ahead and get the S-curl going and the Shea poppin!!! I know my hair feels good even though it' been under this cap for the last few days.

*So I am going to do the Chebe/Shea mix as well. I tried them separately but them together sounds amazing.
I just got more Shea in the mail today and ordered Hemani Argan Oil and.Black seed oils today. I can' wait to get to mixing. I know this is gonna be some powerful stuff.

***I will make it to WL by March. I need to be added to that Super Unicorn list. IJS***

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Whipped up some Shea goodness today. Stuck to my basic recipe since I like to use it on my body as well as an additive to my treatments.

Used:
Queen Shea :lachen:
Mango butter
Apricot oil
Avocado oil
Rice bran oil
Herbal infused Grapeseed oil
Fragrance: tuberose
But I have actually come to love that Shea butter natural smell, so I didn't put too much fragrance.

IMAG1396.jpg
IMAG1398_1.jpg

I'll let it sit for a few days to let the air bubbles settle. I have a few swipes left in my current batch anyway before I dive in.

I bout killed the po lil motor on my hand mixer. :eek:
I may or may not have worked a KitchenAid mixer into our Feb budget just for my Shea mixes.:angeldevil:
I may or may not have worked a bulk order of Shea butter in our March budget. :angeldevil:
There's a 100% chance I did tho! :abducted:

ThatJerseyGirl

Whipped up some Shea goodness today. Stuck to my basic recipe since I like to use it on my body as well as an additive to my treatments.

Used:
Mango butter
Apricot oil
Avocado oil
Rice bran oil
But I have actually come to love that Shea butter natural smell, so I didn't put too much fragrance.

I'll let it sit for a few days to let the air bubbles settle. I have a few swipes left in my current batch anyway before I dive in.

I may or may not have worked a KitchenAid mixer into our Feb budget just for my Shea mixes.:angeldevil:
I may or may not have worked a bulk order of Shea butter in our March budget. :angeldevil:

Did you purchase it from the Zulily website? I think I mentioned on here they are going for 50% off! Kudos to you!

There is one left!!!!!

https://www.zulily.com/p/pistachio-...ml?search_pos=1&search_page=1&fromSearch=true

Jade Feria

I've been using my Shea mix on my son's hair as well. He just turned 2, and has very thick, dense hair, just past APL. He never went through that infant balding phase, his hair just grew and grew. About 5 days ago I put his hair in twists using a Curl Origin leave-in spray and sealed with the Shea mix. Today I went in to refresh and redo some of the twists, and the detangling was seamless. His twists came apart like butter. I re-did them to clean them up a bit, using the same leave-in and Shea mix.
20180117_130709.jpg

Jade Feria

Used:
Mango butter
Apricot oil
Avocado oil
Rice bran oil

View attachment 422081
View attachment 422083

Did you purchase it from the Zulily website? I think I mentioned on here they are going for 50% off! Kudos to you!

There is one left!!!!!

https://www.zulily.com/p/pistachio-...ml?search_pos=1&search_page=1&fromSearch=true
Check Target for sales too! I got one for $279 during a Target sale, plus an additional 5% off for using the Redcard.

And that mix looks SO good!! :lick:

victory777

Wow! Lookin like Godiva Chocolates!

how did you do that? interesting....I'd love to know how to do that so that I can preserve mine as well.
I followed her recipe below that's on her YouTube page:
Henna 9 tablespoons
Slippery elm 1.5 tablespoons
Honey 1 tablespoon
Aloe Vera powder 2 tablespoons
7 tablespoons of coconut oil
Cocoa butter 4.5 tablespoons
I melted everything over a double boiler. I did add castor oil to the mix and substitute shea butter.
I bought the molds from Amazon, but I've seen some nice ones at Wal-Mart or a baking shop. Froze them for a few hours, and they came out just fine from the silicone molds. @ElevatedEnergy has some really nice molds also.
P.s. I'm not sure how to upload YouTube videos here.

Jade Feria

I followed her recipe below that's on her YouTube page:
Henna 9 tablespoons
Slippery elm 1.5 tablespoons
Honey 1 tablespoon
Aloe Vera powder 2 tablespoons
7 tablespoons of coconut oil
Cocoa butter 4.5 tablespoons
I melted everything over a double boiler. I did add castor oil to the mix and substitute shea butter.
I bought the molds from Amazon, but I've seen some nice ones at Wal-Mart or a baking shop. Froze them for a few hours, and they came out just fine from the silicone molds. @ElevatedEnergy has some really nice molds also.
P.s. I'm not sure how to upload YouTube videos here.
Just copy and paste the link and it comes up automatically.

ThatJerseyGirl

Thanks @Jade Feria !!
I hope this works @ThatJerseyGirl !!
I see she's charging $29 for 2 henna bars, so I may need to write this recipe down as a base and tweak it as I go.

Oh, okay. I remember this video. When I mixed my shea butter mix last Saturday, I noticed one of the boxes of my powders of Amla, Maka, Neem, and Brahmi, I only paid $2.99/box at an Indian Grocer in Norfolk, Virginia. They had a HUGE selection of powders and anything ayurvedic. I paid $4,99 for the fenugreek powder there also.

I see why she charges that price, and rightfully so, because her powders are more expensive where she lives in London.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I've been using my Shea mix on my son's hair as well. He just turned 2, and has very thick, dense hair, just past APL. He never went through that infant balding phase, his hair just grew and grew. About 5 days ago I put his hair in twists using a Curl Origin leave-in spray and sealed with the Shea mix. Today I went in to refresh and redo some of the twists, and the detangling was seamless. His twists came apart like butter. I re-did them to clean them up a bit, using the same leave-in and Shea mix.
View attachment 422089

Awwww look at his fat juicy twists!!! Baby boy shea sliding with us!!!