Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2018

Has Shea Butter 'got you'?

• Let me look over my investment portfolio and see if I have room for shea related stocks.

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • I've got 8 pounds in the house, I need to order me some more because I don't want to run out.

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • 1 Day without sealing my ends is just unthinkable.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • It works for me for now.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nah, I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Meh, I'm here for the posts.

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • That stuff just weighs down my hair. No thanks!

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
*gets up and start jumpin around and wavin my hands like the church mothers do*
*sits down and fan myself with my popsicle church fan...u know da one...with MLK on the front and Pope Funeral Home on the other side*
*starts hummin an ole spiritual*.....
@ThatJerseyGirl
After gettin' Mother-Blessed a Glass of Wata' and a Peppermint Life-Saver, after she done stepped on everybody's feet in her pew getting her shout on, Pastor calls Mother-Blessed up to the Pulpit to leave her two hour Shea Butter testimony.:eek:...:yawn:

Another Usher hands her another Fan after she broke the MLK one tryna' fan & beat her tambarine at the same time :look:- this one with JFK, RFK and MLK on the Front.:lol:

Mother-Blessed gives a shout out to Popes Funeral Home for their nice Selection of Fans!:giggle:

After two hours and 13 babies cryin' at the same time, the Choir stands up and sings Mother-Blessed down and back to her seat.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
My Colleague is back from Nig.eria and called me this a.m. to tell me he had my SB. I also asked him to try to find me some Chebe - I guess he disregarded that request cause he only mentioned SB.:look:

He probably thought - "No this PJ ain't 'bout to have me on the plane with 50-11 hair products!":lachen:

He's going back in a few weeks - I'll have him get me Chebe on that trip (if I can explain to him what it is?)
I wonder what they call it in Ni.geria?:angeldevil:

Karmi

Shea butter update...
I've been using ABP hair and body shea butter and I am in love with stuff. I lost a lot of hair due to tangling and being impatient with trying to get them out. I can only finger detangle because running a comb or brush through it would take every strand on my head. I see a big difference now the sheabutter helps to stretch my tight coils and keeps it it from doing this.. :catfight:

Keen

....I've made it to page 25 so far...

Which Ayurvedic powders/oils do NOT deposit color? I don't want to mess with my blonde highlights. @ThatJerseyGirl @Chicoro

Henna for sure. I only use henna on my glosses and oil. Anything else, I use cassia. Hibiscus powder also deposit colors but that's temporary. I'm still not messing with it. I bought a $2 bag to test. I won't be adding it to my regi.

Aggie

....I've made it to page 25 so far...

Which Ayurvedic powders/oils do NOT deposit color? I don't want to mess with my blonde highlights. @ThatJerseyGirl @Chicoro
And oh if you can get your hands on some calendula and chamomile powder that would be great for your highlights as well. These powders are not considered ayurveda but they are awesome for hair growth and blonde highlights.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I'm in :dance7:

This may be just what the doctor ordered. I've stalled on retaining length and my ends are super dry. I colored 6 months ago (blonde+chocolate mix)--overall minimal issues, but lately I have been neglecting my moisture :badidea:

I am inspired to shoot for waist length again. I'll measure tomorrow.

Shea let's you think YOU chose 'to be in'.
Once you in, it's FOREVER.

It's like the Hotel California, you can never leave.​

caribeandiva

Human being
@ThatJerseyGirl
After gettin' Mother-Blessed a Glass of Wata' and a Peppermint Life-Saver, after she done stepped on everybody's feet in her pew getting her shout on, Pastor calls Mother-Blessed up to the Pulpit to leave her two hour Shea Butter testimony.:eek:...:yawn:

Another Usher hands her another Fan after she broke the MLK one tryna' fan & beat her tambarine at the same time :look:- this one with JFK, RFK and MLK on the Front.:lol:

Mother-Blessed gives a shout out to Popes Funeral Home for their nice Selection of Fans!:giggle:

After two hours and 13 babies cryin' at the same time, the Choir stands up and sings Mother-Blessed down and back to her seat.
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Aggie

@Aggie Have you ever used moringa powder on your hair, and how? I take it in a tea but I've never used it topically.
I have it in my stash but haven't used it yet. I plan to use it the same way I use my ayurveda powders plus I plan to infuse some and make my own moringa oil with fractionated coconut oil. A moringa shea butter is sounding pretty good to me too but this one will be mixed in my deep conditioner as a treatment along with aloe vera powder.

ThatJerseyGirl

@ThatJerseyGirl

lolololololol!!! You know how them Church elders do.....and that peppermint ...the one that sits down at the bottom of her purse, with all of her purse lint wrapped around it. Then when you go to finally get it open and put it in your mouth, it taste like peppermint with a hint of her church lady perfume lololol..... those are the ladies who sit up front with that sheet spread across her lap....u know the sheet..the white ones that they got from downstairs from the church day care lololol.....lawd lemme stop!

Chicoro

lolololololol!!! You know how them Church elders do.....and that peppermint ...the one that sits down at the bottom of her purse, with all of her purse lint wrapped around it. Then when you go to finally get it open and put it in your mouth, it taste like peppermint with a hint of her church lady perfume lololol..... those are the ladies who sit up front with that sheet spread across her lap....u know the sheet..the white ones that they got from downstairs from the church day care lololol.....lawd lemme stop!

I was told to NEVER accept candy from old people because the candy has probably been at the BOTTOM of their purse for a long, long time, covered in lint. I see this is not an Urban Legend as you have cited an example, textbook I might add, that supports this.

Carry on. Shea on!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Then when you go to finally get it open and put it in your mouth, it taste like peppermint with a hint of her church lady perfume lololol.....
@ThatJerseyGirl
Or it's so "old" it's now "chewy" instead of a hard mint.:lachen:

Gurl...don't let Mutha'Blessed dunk your head in the Baptismal Pool and break that Shea Butta' Blend outta her purse. She got it wrapped in plastic wrap with a rubber band around it, in a grocery bag. :lachen:

She prolly got some good recipes too. With some Prayer Oil (EVOO) added it in and had the Growing Hands Sistas' lay hands on & pray.:grin:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I'm still here, still shea sliding. Just putting my life back together after a whirlwind visit from my niece. I realize how old and tired I am whenever she comes. :lol:

I'm 'bout done with my SB blend, but I liked it so I think I'll just add more ingredients instead of re-formulating. And work on the texture, cuz this round was a bit grainy (but that wasn't my focus). So... shea butter, broccoli butter, mahabhringraj oil.... and what else? What are yalls fave ayurvedic powders to add and why?

Oan, which eo's are good for hair, not the scalp, the actual length of hair?

Eucalyptus is a good one too. Ceramides on steroids. @Honey Bee

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I was told to NEVER accept candy from old people because the candy has probably been at the BOTTOM of their purse for a long, long time, covered in lint. I see this is not an Urban Legend as you have cited an example, textbook I might add, that supports this.

Carry on. Shea on!

As a child...after sitting in service for a billion hours with a growling stomach, I accepted some mints from the mother of our church. You know the little sugar squares that melt upon contact?! I was tearing them joints up...lint and all. She had them loose in a little pouch and I was killing them. And then...I hit a moth ball. :abducted:

Chicoro