Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2018

Has Shea Butter 'got you'?

• Let me look over my investment portfolio and see if I have room for shea related stocks.

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • I've got 8 pounds in the house, I need to order me some more because I don't want to run out.

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • 1 Day without sealing my ends is just unthinkable.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • It works for me for now.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nah, I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Meh, I'm here for the posts.

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • That stuff just weighs down my hair. No thanks!

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!

Ya'll are being 'touched' by Queen Shea.

Last edited:

Chicoro

These Church .gif's entertain me, @Chicoro ! lololol...

see, the lady the bottom... I can tell just by looking at her that her Sunday dinner is ready. In fact, her dinner was ready before she got dressed for church. Collards are on top of the stove, done. The roasted chicken sittin on top of the stove in an aluminum pan with that foil covering it and the foil is stretched tight too! Not a single wrinkle in that foil and you better not go in the kitchen and lift it up lololol..... As soon as she leaves church at 4:00 and head home, dinner will be served..lololol Ole Passa will be at her house for dinner around 6....lolol

Those elders in the church don't play when it comes to their Sunday dinner. They start cooking that dinner on Saturday.

This is what I miss about being away from home. The other things I would mention would be the peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream and the sweet tea. That would make it complete for me. Great visual. I can see, smell, feel and taste it.

VictoriousBrownFlower

Received a Partial Refund on that Funk Butta' I bought.:angry2:

No Shade to UFD. :giggle:

This is more like Great-Great-Great-Grandma Funka'.:lol:

I have left the bag open to see if the Cow Caca scent finally lessens.:barf:

5lb of pure unadulterated funk.:nono: And no amount of EO will cover it up.

That scent bleeds through everything.:perplexed:
Where did you get it from? I just want to know so I can stay clear of the seller.

Chicoro

OMG!! @Chicoro - I haven't had such a great laugh in sooooo long!!!

But I can't lie - 50 pounds of Shea Butter says it all!!! I've been gotten, my DGD,my daughter, niece, great niece, sister - heck , the entire family including extended family have all been gotten by that "buttery creamy crack".

Girl ... Shea got her own kitchen, fully equipped with it's own mixer, measuring cup, spatulas, spoons, bowls and measuring spoons. I don't play with my Shea!

I didn't mention it in the other thread - but I'm starting to break out in nervous hives as I think my "Shea Stock" is running low - I only have about 15 pounds left what if I run out?? Oh no - can't do than, hmmm??? I know this summer I'll order 50/50 .

Glad I could oblige you with a laugh, My Lady! Shea has her own kitchen you say?

Are you going to order 50 pounds or 100 pounds this summer? If so, maybe
@ElevatedEnergy can hook you up with her 'buyer' in Ghana!

Chicoro

:sekret:Hi.

Wash day was the best today because of Shea Butter.:shocked:

After DCing my hair melted into its own parts without me having to meticulously part it piece by piece to do my air dry twists.

My hair felt extremely soft. EXTREMELY soft. NO SHED HAIRS AFTER WASHING:pullhair: HUH??? :rofl:joyously laughing.

This is the beginning of a beautiful relationship :rosebud:.:runninghug: .

Just wow.

How's it on your pockets? Like you, I prefer things I can get easily and cheaply. How did you use Shea? As part of your deep conditioner or some other way?

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
My hair has been in a braid out textured bun for the last 5 or so days...of course it was Shea'd up prior to being tucked away. Took the bun down this morning with the intention of starting wash day and my hair still felt amazing. My roots were a little dry so instead of washing, I sprayed my roots with rose water and applied some whipped Shea butter on top of that. Pulled hair back in a two twisted ponytails and repeated the steps on the ends. Roots back to feeling quenched and lubricated like the rest of my hair. Queen Shea to the rescue. Quenching thirst and extending wash days. *kisses jar of whipped Shea butter*

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
@ElevatedEnergy Do you usually use rose water to moisturize? What is the longest amount of time that you have gone between washes since you have been using whipped shea butter? @Aggie & @ElevatedEnergy... How did you like the Cleopatra's Choice ivory shea butter? Sorry for so many questions. lol

I use either distilled water or rosewater. I always have them on hand for other purposes in my beauty routine (distilled water for my steamer or soap making....rosewater for a toner).

I usually wash between the 10 and 14 day mark.

I like Ms. Cleo's Shea butter. I mostly like that you can order in bulk and get free shipping. Her Argan oil is also pretty nice too.

@Garner Plus the Shea always seems to be on sale. LOL

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
How's it on your pockets? Like you, I prefer things I can get easily and cheaply. How did you use Shea? As part of your deep conditioner or some other way?
On my pockets, great. It was $4.99 for an 8 once tub. I used about three tablespoons melted and added to my DC. It added great slip to it! I also spread it all over me after my shower instead of vaseline this time, awesome! I picked it up from the Beaty Supply store 3 minutes away from me. And they are well stocked. I gets my stuff on the ground.

Sarabellam

I subscribed just so that I could thank you ladies for reminding me of the power of Shea butter. I’ve been fumbling through the busiest time of my life and neglecting my fine 4b/a hair too much. I finally found myself with a free 2 hours this morning and did the unthinkable... I began washing my hair 2 hours before going to an 8hour shift in a professional setting. A generous amount of a Shea butter and a few minutes under a satin scarf was all I need to weigh down two pigtail braids to create a passable hair style. My scalp and hair are happy and I’m able to get to work!

Aggie

@ElevatedEnergy Do you usually use rose water to moisturize? What is the longest amount of time that you have gone between washes since you have been using whipped shea butter? @Aggie & @ElevatedEnergy... How did you like the Cleopatra's Choice ivory shea butter? Sorry for so many questions. lol
@Garner,

I usually go anywhere from 1 - 2 weeks between washes but in between, I would do a very warm water rinse in the shower to take some of the butter out of my hair if I take as long as 2 weeks however.

It can get very oily if I take longer than a week to wash my hair. I have about 12 wig caps that I use daily under my wigs. I constantly shampoo them, allow to dry and wear again later.

I have not yet used my cleo patras butter. I am still using up my current batch and won't be ready for making another one for at least another 2-3 weeks I'm sure. When that's done, I will mix another batch using cleo's shea butter.

Aggie

I subscribed just so that I could thank you ladies for reminding me of the power of Shea butter. I’ve been fumbling through the busiest time of my life and neglecting my fine 4b/a hair too much. I finally found myself with a free 2 hours this morning and did the unthinkable... I began washing my hair 2 hours before going to an 8hour shift in a professional setting. A generous amount of a Shea butter and a few minutes under a satin scarf was all I need to weigh down two pigtail braids to create a passable hair style. My scalp and hair are happy and I’m able to get to work!
Welcome to our Shea World @Sarabellam. You will not regret it.

Aggie

@BronxJazzy @Aggie
dbs88888

He "claims" it was just this particular batch that had an offensive odor and that each batch is different.
Thanks love. I am definitely not interested because that batch may be a very large batch that could last 2-6 months or longer depending on how much he bought from his supplier and how fast he gets them sold. So No :nono:, I'll pass on this one.

caribeandiva

Human being
Sorry I’ve been absent from this thread for a little bit. After watching Black Panther it’s got me all in my feelings and I’ve been spending all of my time in the Black Panther thread as a result. I’m very emotional right now. If y’all haven’t seen this movie, go see it! I did wonder if Wakandans use Shea Butter.

ilong

God's Own
I Whipped Up x3 Batches Today::lick:
Batch #1
Raw, Organic SB
Kalpi Tone Powder
Stimulating Oil Blend (Pep, Spear, Eucalyp)

Batch #2
Raw, Organic SB
Mat.cha Powder
Hemp Seed Oil
Spearmint EO

Batch #3
Raw, Organic SB
Chadian Chebe Powder
Nettle EO
Rosemary EO
Emu Oil

Hey lady!!! How are you using your batches above? Are you applying them and leaving them on?

ilong

God's Own
I use yellow shea butter from the beauty supply store. Whipped with a hand mixer with a teaspoon each of JBCO, Avocado Sunflower oil mix and Alma oil until light and fluffy. My hair gets dry and ashy looking after a few days and my scalp is greasy. I usually cornrow my natural hair and wear wigs but on days I don't feel like wigs I will wear two braids. I am happy with the overall products I use for my hair, shea butter has been the only new addition to my regimen since Dec 2017. I am fine with removing it to see there is a difference in my hair.
@Lissa0821 - it may be the type/brand of shea butter you're getting from the beauty supply store. You should look at the container to see if any ingredients are listed. I purchase large blocks of SB from an African Dealer who has it shipped from Ghana. The yellow SB I have had the borututu bark added and the whites is pure.