Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2019

What is the length barrier you would like to break through in 2019, with Shea butter's help?

• Top of shoulder length

Votes: 18 10.2%
  • Collar bone length

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Armpit length

• Between armpit and bra strap length

Votes: 36 20.3%
  • Bra strap length

Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Between bra strap and waist length

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Waist length

Votes: 35 19.8%
  • Whip length

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Hip length

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Tailbone length

• Total voters

caribeandiva

Human being
Oh, @caribeandiva .....hello!!!! I think we are close enough to March to nominate our
FIRST Shea Made Hair Unicorn of 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!

I, Chicoro, hereby nominate @keranikki into the 2019 Shea Made Hair Unicorn Hall of Fame, on this 20th day, of February, 2019.

Come on down, you Shea Made Unicorn, you!!!!!!!!​

She was outted as a Shea Made Hair Unicorn in post #993 for having the longest hair EVER in her entire life, due in part, to using Queen Shea. Talk about a milestone!

@caribeandiva ,
Please do your thing!
*rubs hands* I been wait-ing...

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
To kick off the class of 2019, @keranikki Welcome to the Shea made unicorn hall of fame!!View attachment 443207

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I’ve been truly feeling myself ever since I found out that I reached APL. This is the first time I’ve reached this length and I know it’s due to the beauty of Shea butter.
Shea butter envelopes my fine color-treated hair with a buffer of protection I have not been able to get anywhere else. I hold Shea butter and the makers of it dear to my heart. May they continue to be blessed and protected.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Started an Amla oil infusion today!

IMAG5331.jpg

It's been on my candle warmer all day. I just took it off and will allow it to marinate and soak up all that amla goodness until spring and have my very own Amla oil. I'll use some of it to whip up my next batch of Whipped Shea Butter. My thinking is that since Amla is known for darkening the hair when mixed with Henna (which I use every other wash) should equate to darker and lush hair when combined with THE QUEEN!

I'll use my Whipped Coffee Shea mix until she is ready!

water_n_oil

View attachment 443251

It's been on my candle warmer all day. I just took it off and will allow it to marinate and soak up all that amla goodness until spring and have my very own Amla oil. I'll use some of it to whip up my next batch of Whipped Shea Butter. My thinking is that since Amla is known for darkening the hair when mixed with Henna (which I use every other wash) should equate to darker and lush hair when combined with THE QUEEN!

Started a small batch as well! I decided on sesame oil. I plan to use it as a prepoo scalp treatment.

ashbash

I keep sniffing my coffee oil and it smells so good... it’s just sitting till I finish one of my current Shea mixes

I almost want to just use it now the oil by itself then put Shea on top of that

I’m afraid when I finally whip a Shea coffee mix it’ll lose this delicious scent

ashbash

I ended up flat ironing my hair yesterday so I’m using a very small amount of a Shea castor wheat germ coconut oil whip on my ends

If my hair gets too greasy I’ll just break out some dry shampoo so I can extend this flat iron for a bit lol

I’ll probably do a trim/ search and destroy tomorrow and post a better picture than what I posted over the weekend

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!

View attachment 443251

What is your ratio of oil to amla powder, please?

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
What is your ratio of oil to amla powder, please?

I used 6 ounces of Amla & 24 ounces of Safflower Oil. I would not recommend this amount for someone just doing a regular infusion. Maybe 1 tablespoon powder to 8 ounces of oil....plant powders are very potent & often lead to dry hair when too much (or any really) is left on the hair. So it also has to be strained extremely well. I usually triple strain mine!

My oil will be very potent as it will be diluted upon straining with more oil to make several bottles of Amla Oil. So a heavier/stronger infusion makes more sense for me versus someone just making a single bottle infusion.

Last edited:

ashbash

Latest Roller set:

View attachment 443289

View attachment 443291

I've applied a small amount of my Whipped Coffee Shea Butter twice now and it's been cross wrapped under a turban since Monday. It's been raining, hailing & snowing in my neck of the woods so I can't risk my hair getting wet. LOL

I’m drooling over your roller sets

When I tried roller setting I always always ALWAYS came away looking like James Brown no matter how long my hair is...

Chicoro

In the first post of this thread, a place has been created for the newly minted Shea Made Hair Unicorns of 2019. Your screen name, the date your were inducted into the Shea Made Hall of Fame and the post # that 'outted' you is also under the name.

Looking forward to filling that space UP with all the newly minted Shea Made Hair Unicorns from here on out, created in 2019!

Chicoro

I was about to post a real song about Shea Butter but (wisely) watched the video first. There is so much cussing in the video, I won't post it here, but for those who are still interested, you can find on YouTube.

Ari Lenox - Shea Butter Baby

She says she messed :( up his pillow and his sheets [assuming due to the use of Shea butter]and recommends that they should get

"Lost in the alley, make love by the trash can.." :confused:

They should have left Queen Shea out of all that. I'm tempted to find a keyboard and do a response song and video.

Instead, how about call the song, "Blue Magic Baby"?

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
She says she messed :( up his pillow and his sheets [assuming due to the use of Shea butter]and recommends that they should get

"Lost in the alley, make love by the trash can.." :confused:

They should have left Queen Shea out of all that. I'm tempted to find a keyboard and do a response song and video.

How about call the song, "Blue Magic Baby"?

Your response video would be preferred honestly.

Her words reminded me of a Haiku. o_O