Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2019

What is the length barrier you would like to break through in 2019, with Shea butter's help?

• Top of shoulder length

Votes: 18 10.2%
  • Collar bone length

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Armpit length

• Between armpit and bra strap length

Votes: 36 20.3%
  • Bra strap length

Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Between bra strap and waist length

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Waist length

Votes: 35 19.8%
  • Whip length

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Hip length

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Tailbone length

• Total voters

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!

I, Chicoro, nominate and induct @planetcyberton, into the Shea Made Hair Unicorn Hall of Fame, on this 15th day of March, 2019. She was outted in posts #1285 in this picture with the lovely soft looking bantu-knot out. The first photo is from post #604 which amplifies and illustrates the softness she is getting from Queen Shea usage.

Congratulations to you!

@caribeandiva , do your thing please!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    440.8 KB · Views: 4

caribeandiva

Human being
@caribeandiva said,
"APL on me was my Bigfoot and Lochness monster."
I heard it existed but I’ve never seen it for myself. Now I have!! Yay!!

We'll, there he go!

There she blows!

Here you are!

And they said:

And you showed them:

Let's say it again with a picture of your new epic length:

Time to teach a lesson...

She said...

"I had so many doubters" when I started back in 2006...

Listen up now....

"I was laughed at and ridiculed"....

And we back at the Shea Shack had to say:

Because, girl, here you are:

Just to be doubly sure, we ran it through a formalized test:

Since the third time is a charm here's your picture again:

The results were consistent.. so finally...Let the Sisters in the House of Shea say,

Until next time. 'Cause we'll see you at BRA- Strap, baby!

May the force be with you.

The force and power of Queen Shea, of course! In the meantime, continue to strut your stuff.

Cause you are the epitome of the theme of

this Shea thread: Breaking Barriers!

Congratulations, again!

After 13 years

U is Here!

(It was the last 2 years of Shea use that got her here. It took her 11 years to find her way.)​
Thank you!! You seriously had me wiping a tear away as I was reading it. You have a way with words (or should I say gifs :lol:). Merci beaucoup.

Silverstreaks

:lachen::lachen:It’s a huge victory for me because I had so many doubters when I started my hair care journey back in March 2006. Remember the pre-YouTube days? I was laughed at and ridiculed by so-called friends because my hair never got longer than my ears my whole life up till then. The longest my hair got after that was full SL. APL on me was my Bigfoot and Lochness monster. I heard it existed but I’ve never seen it for myself. Now I have!! Yay!!
It’s always a good feeling to finally see the fruit of your labor and the goals you set for yourself. The naysayers can talk to the hand!:hand:

Chicoro

This is for your pipes NOT for YOUR hair!!!

Every week I treat my pipes. Since Shea butter is so thick and greasy, it has been causing me issues with my plumbing. Now, one time per week I buy a product that is meant to remove debris from blocked pipes. I buy the product that specifically states that it is NOT caustic for plumbing. First, I wash my hair. Then in the evening I pour in this product down the drain before I go to bed. I do not know the equivalent product in the United States.

So far, so good. I use castor oil, SCURL and a sundry of other greasy things for my body as well. My pipes were rebelling. I notice that this helps keep things squeaky clean and moving.

Please do not neglect your pipes. Treat them at minimum 1x per month. Ideally, I think 1 time per week works best if you are a daily Shea butter user.

Last edited:

Chicoro

Tears of gratitude :p

Thanks to you for sticking with it through all the trials and tribulations and coming back to show PROOF! It's all true. You could have given up a long time ago, but you didn't. That goes to show that five years of water can make something grow literally overnight!

There is a specific species which takes more then one year to just sprout,(from seeds and not from the CULM) and sprout shows no change for over 5 years, and remains dormant.

From 6th year ,on a fine day suddenly you will see it growing at totally un expected speed. 2 feet in a day for 45 days( continuously for 45 days) at the rate of 2 feet per day,reaching a height of 90 feet just in 45 days. (a Good moral story?)

:eek: @caribeandiva has Bamboo Hair! You are a Feature. Go look at the first post of this thread!

Last edited:

Chicoro

Queen Shea clicks bottles together. She calls out split ends, knots and breakage to come out to play-i-ay.

BUT, she is crazy hard on all three of those things and is never here to play!
She is always looking to destroy them, or at least minimize them.

In return, you get hair strands that are protected, that can better retain their structure in place. That structure would be the retention of the cuticles on the surface, a protected cortex and a intact medulla, if you hair has a medulla, on the hair strand. Not all hair has a medulla.

Chicoro

Last night I unraveled my braids. Usually, I have to wet them and even then, my tangles are a mess. Again, I am talking about my pre-Shea butter usage days. Now, I usually wet my braids and they come undone with very few to little or no issues.

Well, last night, I acted bold. I decided to undo my week old braids without wetting them. They came out with NO issue! I did have one tangle. But that was due to my curl twisting on the inside of the braid. And, that particular tangle was closer to the middle of the braid than it was to the ends.

LengthMarch 17 2019.jpg

My hair touches my thigh, WHEN I SIT- Not when I stand. :giggle: This is one (1) of my eight (8) bantu knots.

One of my dreams regarding my hair, was to have it touch the seat or chair, when I sit down. With Shea butter, that just may become a reality for me some time in the very new future!

Also, my hair was about this length in December 2018. The difference is that more strands are dropping to this length. The result is that my hair is getting thicker on the ends, at this newer length.

Some strands are even laying on my booty. There is a point on the behind where the behind curves under. I consider that the horizontal 'half' way point of my behind. Some of my little hair strands are about halfway or 2 inches away from that horizontal half line.

If I can, I want to keep my hair moist, lubricated and protected until Feb 2020. At that point, I want to get a trim. I will most likely heat straighten. So far my ends are holding up for now.

My Healthy Length Retention (4 Step) Process:
  1. Shea butter
  2. No Comb Method
  3. Daily Ends Routine
  4. Daily Baggy Routine

Last edited:

Chicoro

Before you cut or get frustrated with your hair, think about the bamboo grass that remains dormant for five (5) years, and then sprouts in year six (6) growing 1.5 inches per hour, up to 2 feet per day and reaching up to 90 feet in 45 days!!!!!! The catch: You have to continue to water it for those five years even when there is not a sign of growth!

The similarity to hair? You have to keep going until you discover what works for your hair. When you do, it may set you on a path that gains you lengths you've never seen before on your own hair.

As I always say, "Growing afro-textured hair is a thinking game, not a guessing game." Once you DO figure it out, there is no turning back!

Last edited:

Chicoro

Your hair may not respond like bamboo with Shea butter, and that is okay. It's your job to discover what products and processes do work for your hair.

That can be daunting when you have tried and seemed to have failed, over years. Our hair and bodies are always communicating their secrets. It's up to us to decipher and determine what the information means.

So, keep your chins up my afro-textured hair sisters, Shea Made Hair Unicorns and those in Unicorns in the making!

For the ride o' die Shea Butter Gangsters for Life: Keep ya heads up!

Last edited:

Chicoro

Victory is just consistent, daily action and a dab of Shea butter away!

The Official Flag of Shea Made Hair Unicorns
White is for Shea Nilotica, that lighter shade of butter. "Oh the softness!" You may utter.
Yellow is for Shea from the West. No fake color. It makes us shudder.
Black is for women who use it on their afro-textured hair. Grow it long. Let them fools stare!

Last edited:

caribeandiva

Human being
Thanks to you for sticking with it through all the trials and tribulations and coming back to show PROOF! It's all true. You could have given up a long time ago, but you didn't. That goes to show that five years of water can make something grow literally overnight!

There is a specific species which takes more then one year to just sprout,(from seeds and not from the CULM) and sprout shows no change for over 5 years, and remains dormant.

From 6th year ,on a fine day suddenly you will see it growing at totally un expected speed. 2 feet in a day for 45 days( continuously for 45 days) at the rate of 2 feet per day,reaching a height of 90 feet just in 45 days. (a Good moral story?)

:eek: @caribeandiva has Bamboo Hair! You are a Feature. Go look at the first post of this thread!

Yep! Thank you! Bamboo hair. I like that! I wish I could say I hung on there all these years because I’m naturally tenacious and want to give hope to others who never had long hair either but that’s only part of it. The real reason I didn’t quit is because I’m petty and didn’t want all those naysayers to be right. I wanted to be the one to say: “I told you so!” :look: I’m still on a personal growth journey y’all. Pray for me. :lachen:

caribeandiva

Human being
Before you cut or get frustrated with your hair, think about the bamboo grass that remains dormant for five (5) years, and then sprouts in year six (6) growing 1.5 inches per hour, up to 2 feet per day and reaching up to 90 feet in 45 days!!!!!! The catch: You have to continue to water it for those five years even when there is not a sign of growth!

The similarity to hair? You have to keep going until you discover what works for your hair. When you do, it may set you on a path that gains you lengths you've never seen before on your own hair.

As I always say, "Growing afro-textured hair is a thinking game, not a guessing game." Once you DO figure it out, there is no turning back!

:amen:

caribeandiva

Human being

Victory is just consistent, daily action and a dab of Shea butter away!

The Official Flag of Shea Made Hair Unicorns
White is for Shea Nilotica, that lighter shade of butter. "Oh the softness!" You may utter.
Yellow is for Shea from the West. No fake color. It makes us shudder.
Black is for women who use it on their afro-textured hair. Grow it long. Let them fools stare!
:eek: :lachen:I love it!