Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2019

What is the length barrier you would like to break through in 2019, with Shea butter's help?

• Top of shoulder length

Votes: 18 10.2%
  • Collar bone length

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Armpit length

• Between armpit and bra strap length

Votes: 36 20.3%
  • Bra strap length

Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Between bra strap and waist length

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Waist length

Votes: 35 19.8%
  • Whip length

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Hip length

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Tailbone length

• Total voters

water_n_oil

Shea ftw! Used The Mane Choice 4 Leaf Clover edge control on DD1 but it makes her itch so I was wondering about a DIY instead. I then thought to use my old batch of ayurvedic shea which is more shea than oil and it was perfect! Will continue using that for her. Now our regimen is nearly 100% homemade and I'm using the same recipes on everyone versus needing 50-11 products to accommodate everyone's texture and porosity. Now I just have to figure out a good leave in for her.

ashbash

I’m feeling better
But because I’ve been sweating (the fever I guess) and haven’t had the energy to wash my hair... my hair is moisturized (thanks Shea and Pantene gold) but I just feel grimey

I showered every day lol
But I had no energy to wash my hair nor did I want to deal with wet hair while laid up sick

Hopefully I’ll have even more energy tomorrow and I can do something with my hair...

I’m also afraid of detangling because I’ve just been smoothing it into a bun and my hair can’t go multiple days without detangling

Last edited:

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
It’s been 2 weeks and my whipped shea is still light and fluffy. Meanwhile I’m using my old densified batch on a dry patch I have on my elbow.

Can you do a side by side comparison of the ingredients from the light and fluffy mix with the ingredients of the densified batch, please?

People are always asking about how to get specific textures of mixes. It would be very helpful to others.

VictoriousBrownFlower

Shea ftw! Used The Mane Choice 4 Leaf Clover edge control on DD1 but it makes her itch so I was wondering about a DIY instead. I then thought to use my old batch of ayurvedic shea which is more shea than oil and it was perfect! Will continue using that for her. Now our regimen is nearly 100% homemade and I'm using the same recipes on everyone versus needing 50-11 products to accommodate everyone's texture and porosity. Now I just have to figure out a good leave in for her.
i strive to get to being a mostly diyer. Saves alot of money.

GettingKinky

Can you do a side by side comparison of the ingredients from the light and fluffy mix with the ingredients of the densified batch, please?

People are always asking about how to get specific textures of mixes. It would be very helpful to others.

The dense batch
1/4 c shea
2 tbsp aloe vera gel
1 tbsp coconut oil

Fluffy batch
1/4 c shea
1/4 c aloe vera gel
1/4 c grapeseed oil

For the dense batch - I put all the ingredients in together and mixed until it was fluffy. It was fluffy for awhile but densified over time.

For the fluffy batch - I whipped the shea first and the then added the rest of the ingredients and whipped for 20 minutes - much longer than I mixed the dense batch

Last edited:

Chicoro

Sure can, see below!

I, Chicoro, hereby nominate and induct @Daina into the Shea Made Hair Unicorn Hall of Fame, on this 21st day of March 2019. She is outted by post #1408 showing her beautiful, long hanging braid out.

Come on down!

@caribeandiva ,
Please do your thing! Thank you!

VictoriousBrownFlower

Definitely one of the reasons I do it. Plus I get overwhelmed with hair products. While I like trying them, I don't like owning a lot so I always had a continuous cycle of buying, trying 1-2 times, giving it away. That was a waste of money.
I feel u. I also think they are getting rediculous with the prices of natural products. I can make 6 months worth of lets say herbal infused oil for the price of 1 8 oz bottle...

water_n_oil

what is this shea grease you speak of lol?
recipe
Achieved by doing a 50:50 mix of shea and oils and freezing immediately after melting. No whipping after. For this particular mix it's a combo of yellow shea and my diy henna oil.

@VictoriousBrownFlower Absolutely. I can't get with the prices these days when I have 4 heads to do in my house. Money better spent elsewhere.

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
I feel u. I also think they are getting rediculous with the prices of natural products. I can make 6 months worth of lets say herbal infused oil for the price of 1 8 oz bottle...

Whole facts!
The oil infusions are ridiculous. I’ve seen a few natural conditioners selling 8oz for $21. I’m not a 100% DIYer, but the prices make me want to reconsider. Thank goodness for sales.

VictoriousBrownFlower

Whole facts!
The oil infusions are ridiculous. I’ve seen a few natural conditioners selling 8oz for $21. I’m not a 100% DIYer, but the prices make me want to reconsider. Thank goodness for sales.
aint that the truth!!!! I have my reg ole dc from myhoneychild that is still 20 for 16 oz. I can deal with that but like karens body beautiful can go somewhere with them prices. I $1 avocado banana honey oil and aloe vera gel is all i need for a great dc. why would i spend 25 for 8 oz of product when i can make it for like 5?

I will never be a 100% diyer because there are certain things i just love and need in my arsenol but certain things are super easy to make if you have the time and actually work BETTER than the store bought.

Chicoro

Put my hair in medium two strand twists for a few weeks. I blow dried, then made sure each twist was sealed with shea. Shea has really made a difference in my hair these past few months. My hair is so shiny, and moisturized.

I, Chicoro, hereby nominate and induct @BeautifulRoots into the Shea Made Hair Unicorn Hall of Fame, on this 22nd day of March, 2019. She was outted in post #1421 showing, long, black rope-like, super long, natural twists that are so beautiful that they don't look real! Congratulations!

@caribeandiva ,
Please do your thing! Thank you!

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
For the warm weather months, I'm usually outside alot so I'll be switching my shampoo and conditioner set to Joico MR line instead of Curl Junkie. I usually need a bit more protection and deeper moisture. I'll switch back in the fall.

Also will be extra greasy with Shea for the UV protection. Come on nature walks, hiking, playground trips and botanical garden strolling. So excited for Spring!

VictoriousBrownFlower

For the warm weather months, I'm usually outside alot so I'll be switching my shampoo and conditioner set to Joico MR line instead of Curl Junkie. I usually need a bit more protection and deeper moisture. I'll switch back in the fall.

Also will be extra greasy with Shea for the UV protection. Come on nature walks, hiking, playground trips and botanical garden strolling. So excited for Spring!
:happydance::headspin::hula: i can't wait for spring either!!!!!! Ugghh is it gonna be fun!!!!

VictoriousBrownFlower

Thank you! I stopped breastfeeding a month after the first pic and have been struggling with my appetite since. I literally dont have one anymore, so hopefully that will change soon. I don't believe my hormones have gone back to normal yet.

I'm just barely TBL (a few stragglers are there).
I;m in the same boat for different reasons. When I'm depressed and stressed i eat but when i'm happy and life is flowing in the right direction my appetite is gone. I've been taking advantage of it though by eating healthy when i do eat. Now food is about nutrition/fuel. I love when i get like this. Weight just falls off. I'm hoping to be back here by the end of summer(prob shaped a little different since i was 21 in the pic and am now almost 35). 40 lbs to go:pepper:
body160.jpg

Okay back on topic:p

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I;m in the same boat for different reasons. When I'm depressed and stressed i eat but when i'm happy and life is flowing in the right direction my appetite is gone. I've been taking advantage of it though by eating healthy when i do eat. Now food is about nutrition/fuel. I love when i get like this. Weight just falls off. I'm hoping to be back here by the end of summer(prob shaped a little different since i was 21 in the pic and am now almost 35). 40 lbs to go:pepper:
View attachment 444633

Okay back on topic:p

Ooohhhh weeeee you IS FINE!!!!