Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2019

What is the length barrier you would like to break through in 2019, with Shea butter's help?

• Top of shoulder length

Votes: 18 10.2%
  • Collar bone length

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Armpit length

• Between armpit and bra strap length

Votes: 36 20.3%
  • Bra strap length

Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Between bra strap and waist length

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Waist length

Votes: 35 19.8%
  • Whip length

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Hip length

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Tailbone length

• Total voters

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Now who else needs a Newport after watching her slice that yummy Shea Nilotica??!!! Wooo Chile!

yamilee21

I want to keep using Queen Shea, but it’s not working well with my wash n go. It extends my dry time by a lot so my hair shrinks up a lot more.

Maybe I need to use a shea mix without aloe vera gel.

Are you literally "going" after you wash? If not, you might try air drying or perhaps t-shirt/towel drying (plopping) for a while first, and then putting the shea mix on once your hair is mostly dry. How long is your hair? Mine is mostly past waist, and I often air dry for 2-3 hours before I put my shea/aloe mix. If I try to do an actual wash and go, and put on the shea right away, my hair will shrink above my shoulders. If I wait a few hours, it might cooperate a bit more, to APL... ;) .

LushLox

I love how shea feels in my hair. :love: Admittedly I don't use pure shea, it is a balm but it has a lot of shea in it. But my hair feels great, my ends feel like they've had a decent drink of water - I am a believer! And to think I stayed away from it for the longest time out of fear that it would be too heavy

GettingKinky

Are you literally "going" after you wash? If not, you might try air drying or perhaps t-shirt/towel drying (plopping) for a while first, and then putting the shea mix on once your hair is mostly dry. How long is your hair? Mine is mostly past waist, and I often air dry for 2-3 hours before I put my shea/aloe mix. If I try to do an actual wash and go, and put on the shea right away, my hair will shrink above my shoulders. If I wait a few hours, it might cooperate a bit more, to APL... ;) .

I’m literally going. I wash my hair in the morning and I need to leave for work. I T-shirt dry a little before I apply the shea, but my hair is still very wet. I’m close to WL and it shrinks up to chin length. I guess I could use shea on the weekends when I have more time.

Maybe during the week I can use the shea/aloe on my ends.

Saga

The Generous Queen
A letter, from Saga to Shea buttah

Dearest Shea Buttah,

It is with a heavy heart that I share with you our sabbatical may be lasting a bit longer than I'd hoped:jail:. You see, I am wearing cornrows under wigs and your fluffy consistency does not penetrate the haft of my braids as do the OGs, Infusium 23 and Curly Proverbs Oil, do so well:cry3:. I have been flirting with excel on the side, but make no mistake-you are my number one. I know slathering you on my ends is just a tease, but let it be a reminder of how I am missing you every moment. See you in another month, my sweeet shea. :sneakyhug:

Love always,
Saga the Shea Unicorn

MizzBFly

A letter, from Saga to Shea buttah

Dearest Shea Buttah,

It is with a heavy heart that I share with you our sabbatical may be lasting a bit longer than I'd hoped:jail:. You see, I am wearing cornrows under wigs and your fluffy consistency does not penetrate the haft of my braids as do the OGs, Infusium 23 and Curly Proverbs Oil, do so well:cry3:. I have been flirting with excel on the side, but make no mistake-you are my number one. I know slathering you on my ends is just a tease, but let it be a reminder of how I am missing you every moment. See you in another month, my sweeet shea. :sneakyhug:

Love always,
Saga the Shea Unicorn
:goodone:

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Without the use of [Queen] Shea butter, it is not possible to work in the lake!

Lake Retba, also called 'Lac Rose', or Rose/Pink Lake, is in Senegal on the continent of Africa. This lake is as salty as the Dead Salt and saltier than the Dead Sea during Senegal's dry season.

It gets it color from a micro-algae called Dunaliella-salina. It grows here because of the lakes high salt content. Workers mine salt here. The workers use Shea butter to protect their skin from tissue damage by the salt . The salt cuts the skin. Without the Shea butter, the wound continues to get larger and larger from the salt water.

Lake Retba in Senegal:

To protect his skin from the harsh salinity, Fame rubs shea butter on his body before entering the water. "As a harvester, if you don't put shea butter on your skin, the salt will damage it and cut you," he said. "The longer you stay inside the lake, the larger the salty water makes your wounds. If you do not cover those wounds with shea butter, they will become worse."

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/27/world/africa/senegals-dead-sea-lake-retba/index.html

You can swim in the lake! Two boys swimming in Lake Retba!

There is another lake like Lake Retba, located in Australia, called Hellier Lake.

Lake Hillier in Australia:

The algae, is edible.

* Really, really, really orange
* 6,000 times higher in antioxidants and 8 times higher in minerals than spirulina!!!

Dunaliella salina is a micro-algae that grows in water with a very high salt content. The intense orange carotenoid pigment develops to protect the algae from the effects of the sun.

D. salina is considered an extremophile, or an organism that thrives in environments that most others can’t tolerate, because of its rare ability to survive in salty habitats like this one. In fact, D. salina grows optimally at about 1.5–3.0 M NaCl, or about 3-6 times that of average seawater! Even more curiously, as you expose D. salina to saltier environments, the pigment that makes it pink becomes more and more concentrated, indicating that it may have a role in protecting the cell from high salinity2. But D. salina is mostly able to cope with extreme saltiness for two different reasons. Firstly, it doesn’t have a cell wall (only a malleable membrane), allowing it to expand and contract to maintain a live-able internal salt concentration. Secondly, it’s able to produce high volumes of glycerol to balance out the pressure of the salt outside3.

D. salina has been grown in mass culture since the 1960’s4, but believe it or not, its extensive commercial success has had less to do with its ability to survive in extreme conditions and more to do with how very pink it is. All photosynthetic organisms have pigments (like the chlorophyll in plant leaves), but some organisms have more of a variety of pigments than others. D. salina is pink because it has very high levels of a carotenoid pigment called β-carotene. If that sounds vaguely healthy to you, it’s because β-carotene is the pigment that gives a lot of fruits and veggies their color.

For example, a cup of carrot juice has 22 milligrams of β-carotene (think β-“carrot”-ene)5. Luckily for us, β-carotene does more than just make veggies colorful. It is also converted into vitamin A inside your body!6 For that reason, β-carotene is often sold as a dietary supplement. D. salina's bright pink β-carotene stores make it a very valuable (not to mention beautiful!) alga to cultivate. Who knew it would be so healthy to look pretty in pink?

https://algaeresearchsupply.com/pages/dundunaliella-salina-the-algae-that-s-always-pretty-in-pink

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-24_21-6-35.jpeg
    upload_2019-4-24_21-6-35.jpeg
    7.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
So I decided to treat myself to some Shea Nilotica because I deserve it, right? Right?!

So I throw a pound in my cart, go to check out but before I did...something told me to check my stash first.....

I found this......

20190425_202849-490x1008.jpg

That's 30 pounds of The Queen

I deleted that cart so fast......

But before I closed the tab, I checked her black soap as I used up all I had & I saw this on her website:

20190425_214422.jpg

20190425_214446.jpg

Y'all that is White African Soap. I was so intrigued...I just had to purchase 2 chucks of it. Looks like my visit to the 3cayG site was not in vain!

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::abducted:

caribeandiva

Human being
So I decided to treat myself to some Shea Nilotica because I deserve it, right? Right?!

So I throw a pound in my cart, go to check out but before I did...something told me to check my stash first.....

I found this......

View attachment 446065

That's 30 pounds of The Queen

I deleted that cart so fast......

But before I closed the tab, I checked her black soap as I used up all I had & I saw this on her website:

View attachment 446067

View attachment 446069

Y'all that is White African Soap. I was so intrigued...I just had to purchase 2 chucks of it. Looks like my visit to the 3cayG site was not in vain!

:lachen::lachen:

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
So I decided to treat myself to some Shea Nilotica because I deserve it, right? Right?! [...]

But wait, did I read on the site that each piece of soap is the size of one (1) soccer ball? So, does that mean you got soccer ball size soap coming to your house?

"ALL NATURAL-This soap is uniquely made and come as one Ball. The soap ball will weigh between 11ozs and 16+ozs. Each puff is about the size of a kids soccer ball. " Let the games begin.

....15 minutes later after UPS delivers @ElevatedEnergy 's box from 3cayg to her doorstep:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
But wait, did I read on the site that each piece of soap is the size of one (1) soccer ball? So, does that mean you got soccer ball size soap coming to your house?

"ALL NATURAL-This soap is uniquely made and come as one Ball. The soap ball will weigh between 11ozs and 16+ozs. Each puff is about the size of a kids soccer ball. " Let the games begin.

....15 minutes later after UPS delivers @ElevatedEnergy 's box from 3cayg to her doorstep:

I'll be sure to weigh and post pics of my soccer ball sized soaps!!!!