Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2019

What is the length barrier you would like to break through in 2019, with Shea butter's help?

• Top of shoulder length

Votes: 18 10.2%
  • Collar bone length

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Armpit length

• Between armpit and bra strap length

Votes: 36 20.3%
  • Bra strap length

Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Between bra strap and waist length

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Waist length

Votes: 35 19.8%
  • Whip length

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Hip length

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Tailbone length

• Total voters

MyAngelEyez~C~U

@MyAngelEyez~C~U
Gurl...you too much!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

It's amazing how whipped and fluffy you can make SB Blends.:love:

It seems like you can never really make a "bad batch"
@IDareT'sHair

And the act of whipping Shea and watching it change and get all fluffy is somehow soothing...it extremely enjoyable and mildly addictive. Same thing with formulating. Lawd, my pocketbook.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Massaged temples and edges with oil heat infused with saw palmetto, horsetail, and burdock root powders. Spritzed hair with water/aloe/glycerin spray and then sealed with Shea butter whipped with Moringa/Ayurvedic herb- infused oil and rose powder.

Used coffee oil and saw palmetto oil mix to whip up another batch of Shea butter to give to my co-workers (of course I kept some back for myself...looks like old fashioned vanilla ice cream).

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Shea butter + Cacao butter + Coffee Infused Sunflower Oil

Yesterday, I went to the park for a picnic with a friend of mine. I had on a short dress that hiked even higher when I sat on the grass. I could see a difference in my skin on my legs. My burns are still there, but they are getting better and the appearance of my skin overall is improving.

Largest and Darkest Burn: The burns are still very visible, but they continue to lighten. All, the rest of my skin is really even and the the texture is pretty, because of the butter.
Burn07July2019.JPG

I keep my butter in the fridge during the super hot weather. I only use this on my body. My hair Shea butter is a blend of castor and olive oil. The blend for my scars is:

Shea butter + Cacao butter (AKA Cocoa butter) + Coffee Infused Sunflower Oil

SheaCacoaCoffeeJuly2019.jpg SheaCacoaCoffeeJuly2019 A.JPG

The black specks are bits of coffee grounds. It smells nice and it melts nicely on contact.

Last edited:

Chicoro

I had a victory today!

For the first time in over two (2) years since April 2017, I wore some shorts outside today. Because of the Shea butter and coffee oil, I am not as self conscious about my burned leg. My scars are still there and still visible, but not super black like before.

After 2 years!!!!

snoop

I had a victory today!
For the first time in over two (2) years since April 2017, I wore some shorts outside today. Because of the Shea butter and coffee oil, I am not as self conscious about my burned leg. My scars are still there and still visible, but not super black like before.

After 2 years!!!!

Congratulations!!! From one who also doesn't wear shorts out in public this is a big deal! The Shecaofee (SheCaoFee) butter is working well!

Chicoro

Congratulations!!! From one who also doesn't wear shorts out in public this is a big deal! The Shecaofee (SheCaoFee) butter is working well!

@snoop, Thank you!

Yes, it is a big deal. But I have learned something and have more empathy for other people who do not wear shorts. Prior to my experience with these burns, I couldn't understand why someone would be hesitant to wear shorts. Now, that is not the case.

Yes, the butter and the exfoliation are working. It may take another year or two to completely disappear. Or, it the scars may never go away. But based on the consistent fading, I believe they will eventually fade completely into my skin.

VictoriousBrownFlower

Shea butter + Cacao butter + Coffee Infused Sunflower Oil

Yesterday, I went to the park for a picnic with a friend of mine. I had on a short dress that hiked even higher when I sat on the grass. I could see a difference in my skin on my legs. My burns are still there, but they are getting better and the appearance of my skin overall is improving.

Largest and Darkest Burn: The burns are still very visible, but they continue to lighten. All, the rest of my skin is really even and the the texture is pretty, because of the butter.
View attachment 448855

I keep my butter in the fridge during the super hot weather. I only use this on my body. My hair Shea butter is a blend of castor and olive oil. The blend for my scars is:

Shea butter + Cacao butter (AKA Cocoa butter) + Coffee Infused Sunflower Oil

View attachment 448857 View attachment 448859

The black specks are bits of coffee grounds. It smells nice and it melts nicely on contact.
You have beautiful legs @Chicoro . Wear them shorts proudly and dont worry about that little burn. Just keep greased up with that shea butter mix and proudly wear them beautiful legs out....

apple_natural

I didn't record my mid week aloe spray and shea application. I think it was Tuesday. I haven't applied my henna this week so I did another spray and shea today. It's in a twist bun.

I'm also going to need to change up my parts. I'll use three rows like M(r)s Chicoro's last style post. I want a middle twist and one on each side so I can give my middle hairs more protection. They are broken in the back from last year.

Chicoro

You have beautiful legs @Chicoro . Wear them shorts proudly and dont worry about that little burn. Just keep greased up with that shea butter mix and proudly wear them beautiful legs out....

Thank you, @VictoriousBrownFlower , that's sweet of you. I'll continue to wear my legs out this summer! Thank you for the lovely compliment.

Chicoro

I didn't record my mid week aloe spray and shea application. I think it was Tuesday. I haven't applied my henna this week so I did another spray and shea today. It's in a twist bun.

I'm also going to need to change up my parts. I'll use three rows like M(r)s Chicoro's last style post. I want a middle twist and one on each side so I can give my middle hairs more protection. They are broken in the back from last year.

Just Chicoro is fine for me! Or Ms. Chicoro, if you would like! And, your plan sounds like it will be good for your hair. Good luck and keep us posted, please about your results!

Chicoro

@Chicoro that butter looks :lick:! And your legs are lovely regardless of your (pretty faint-yaaay coffee oil) scars.

In other news, I deep conditioned overnight in Shea Moisture Manuka Honey conditioner mixed with Shea butter and coffee oil. Actually, still haven’t rinsed it out yet :look:.

Thank you, I appreciate the compliment about my legs! Glad to know the burns are looking faint.

Speaking of Shea and your hair, are you noticing any positive differences in your hair since you started using Shea?

yamilee21

I've mentioned that my usual hair mix consists of shea butter, coconut oil, aloe vera gel and lately, (depending on what I have) mango butter, argan oil; bergamot, rosemary and tea tree essential oils (I think, I don't always pay close attention to what I add, :look: ). I ran out of coconut oil recently, and at the same time, my niece was musing about how we could make the mix creamier, rather than the airy, fluffy texture. So I made a new mix with shea and mango butters, an equivalent amount of aloe vera gel (much more than the usual amount), jojoba oil, bergamot and rosemary essential oils, and on a whim, added a few tablespoons of vegetable glycerin. (I usually only put glycerin in my water and aloe vera summer hair spritz). The new mix is indeed "creamy," and it smooths down my edges enough that I did not even bother to use regular gel this week, but the best part is that it apparently also has magical detangling powers. Yesterday I committed the hair crime of washing my undetangled-since-last-wash hair, and then letting it air dry - stilll NOT detangled - without anything in it, pinned up on my head. After about 8 hours, I wanted to put it into twists for a twistout today. I expected to spend more than an hour just detangling, but once I put in the shea mix, the hair separated itself. I think it was about 30 minutes from opening the jar to satin hair scarf. Between the kids and me, this mix will only last a few weeks... if it keeps working this well, I will have to write down exact measurements so I can replicate it, :lol:.
I have to be honest about the one downside - the shrinkage is extreme! My twistout is barely grazing my shoulders, even though most of my hair when stretched is waist to tailbone!

water_n_oil

Did an overnight dc that included shea then 9 braids with my ayurvedic shea. Best my braids have looked in a while. The dc needs some major tweaking though so I'll try another recipe next wash. Found myself watching old 22nd Century Natural Woman videos again and I think I want to go back to basically doing her regimen. Shampoo bar, deep condition, and shea'd up braids. She uses oil too but I have oils in my shea mix so no need for that step first.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Thank you, I appreciate the compliment about my legs! Glad to know the burns are looking faint.

Speaking of Shea and your hair, are you noticing any positive differences in your hair since you started using Shea?
@Chicoro
Yes, I definitely am. I feel like my hair holds moisture longer with Shea. Feels softer, and detangles easier as well.

I finally rinsed my deep conditioner out, and the Shea really made my hair feel smooth and easy to finger detangle, and my tangle teaser glided through like a breeze. I sealed with my rose powder Shea mix, and I think I’m gonna blow out my hair for easier styling and access to my scalp this week. My usual go to has been wash n goes, but I’ve been partial to stretched styles recently, probably from wanting to make it easier to incorporate Shea butter into my routine.

Chicoro

I've mentioned that my usual hair mix consists of shea butter, coconut oil, aloe vera gel and lately, (depending on what I have) mango butter, argan oil; bergamot, rosemary and tea tree essential oils (I think, I don't always pay close attention to what I add, :look: ). I ran out of coconut oil recently, and at the same time, my niece was musing about how we could make the mix creamier, rather than the airy, fluffy texture. So I made a new mix with shea and mango butters, an equivalent amount of aloe vera gel (much more than the usual amount), jojoba oil, bergamot and rosemary essential oils, and on a whim, added a few tablespoons of vegetable glycerin. (I usually only put glycerin in my water and aloe vera summer hair spritz). The new mix is indeed "creamy," and it smooths down my edges enough that I did not even bother to use regular gel this week, but the best part is that it apparently also has magical detangling powers. Yesterday I committed the hair crime of washing my undetangled-since-last-wash hair, and then letting it air dry - stilll NOT detangled - without anything in it, pinned up on my head. After about 8 hours, I wanted to put it into twists for a twistout today. I expected to spend more than an hour just detangling, but once I put in the shea mix, the hair separated itself. I think it was about 30 minutes from opening the jar to satin hair scarf. Between the kids and me, this mix will only last a few weeks... if it keeps working this well, I will have to write down exact measurements so I can replicate it, :lol:.
I have to be honest about the one downside - the shrinkage is extreme! My twistout is barely grazing my shoulders, even though most of my hair when stretched is waist to tailbone!

It's the glycerin. If your next wash day hair and next batch are completely free of glycerin you will likely get more length and much less shrinkage.

periwinklepeach

Hey ladies! I've been lurking in this thread and the 2018 thread for a while. Been incorporating Shea into my regime consistently since March.

For the past two months or so, I've been wearing my twist out/ washngo hybrid style and the Shea keeps my hair from turning into a cotton ball and tangling in on itself. Even though I'm pretty sure every strand of my hair has a knot on it since it's impossible for me to avoid ssks, I've been able to finger detangle with relative ease every wash day.

Aside from easy detangling I also love the clumping effect. When my hair is clumped, I have fewer tangles. And somehow wearing it out gives me fewer tangles than twists or buns. No clue why. Twists also haven't seemed to help with the ssks.

Chicoro

Re-did my hair today and greased it down with my Shea butta mix. Slid on my baggie for the day, for the first time in weeks...Took my hair down to do my nightly Ends Routine ...

Stopped dead in my tracks

Like a deer caught in headlights...

My hair was softer than cotton...

Shea butta + baggie =

My hair felt SOOOOOO GOOOD!​

Chicoro

Hey ladies! I've been lurking in this thread and the 2018 thread for a while. Been incorporating Shea into my regime consistently since March.

For the past two months or so, I've been wearing my twist out/ washngo hybrid style and the Shea keeps my hair from turning into a cotton ball and tangling in on itself. Even though I'm pretty sure every strand of my hair has a knot on it since it's impossible for me to avoid ssks, I've been able to finger detangle with relative ease every wash day.

Aside from easy detangling I also love the clumping effect. When my hair is clumped, I have fewer tangles. And somehow wearing it out gives me fewer tangles than twists or buns. No clue why. Twists also haven't seemed to help with the ssks.

Welcome!

ArrrBeee

@Chicoro You have some pretty legs.

I had some Shea butter that I found in the clearance section at Marshall's. I whipped it up and gave it to my friend.

For me, I prepped with honey, melted whipped Shea butter, and a little bit of Trader Joe's Tea tree oil condish. Then I used my Ayurvedic tea mixed with fermented rice water. Rinsed and conditioned with a moisturizing mix while I worked out.