Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2019

What is the length barrier you would like to break through in 2019, with Shea butter's help?

• Top of shoulder length

Votes: 18 10.2%
  • Collar bone length

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Armpit length

• Between armpit and bra strap length

Votes: 36 20.3%
  • Bra strap length

Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Between bra strap and waist length

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Waist length

Votes: 35 19.8%
  • Whip length

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Hip length

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Tailbone length

• Total voters

MizzBFly

Has anyone tried shea nilotica from a company besides 3cayg?
Yes. I bought mine from From Nature With Love.
Dammit... I should have known better to order my Shea without checking with you ladies first :wallbash: I ordered from 3cayg on Friday and wanted the nilotica and they were sold out :cry4: I really, really want to try it out ASAP. I ordered mango butter and regular Shea instead. :happydance:

BeautifulRoots

Dammit... I should have known better to order my Shea without checking with you ladies first :wallbash: I ordered from 3cayg on Friday and wanted the nilotica and they were sold out :cry4: I really, really want to try it out ASAP. I ordered mango butter and regular Shea instead. :happydance:

No worries! I love their regular shea and mango butter, so you have some great butters coming your way.

I was asking since she's been sold out of nilotica for months and I'm starting to run low. I'm trying to hold out for a restock, but I'm not sure when that will happen. So I want to see what other companies are selling it in case I run out before the restock.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
DO NOT USE SHEA BUTTER MIXES AROUND HORSES!!!
(My Shea mix was Shea butter, cocoa butter, coconut oil and orange essential oil)​

I was over by the horse to try to pet it. He jerked back and moved away. So I turned to try to get a selfie. The horse came back and started licking my Shea slicked hair! That horse licked and sniffed me for about 3 minutes.

The licking begins!

This is in between a lick and a sniff!

Then, he nipped my hair pin as he thought it was edible. I'm tender headed and he grabbed some hair between his teeth and pulled. I'm still holding that camera, though!

Look at him looking into the camera checking the picture. That horse was too much.

Finally, I got that selfie with him!

Silverstreaks

(My Shea mix was Shea butter, cocoa butter, coconut oil and orange essential oil)​

I was over by the horse to try to pet it. He jerked back and moved away. So I turned to try to get a selfie. The horse came back and started licking my Shea slicked hair! That horse licked and sniffed me for about 3 minutes.

The licking begins!

Then, he nipped my hair pin as he thought it was edible. I'm tender headed and he grabbed some hair between his teeth and pulled. I'm still holding that camera, though!

Look at him looking into the camera checking the picture. That horse was too much.

I think I’ll keep my Shea scents neutral.

water_n_oil

I use all year long. I might just tweak the amount I use or if I’m running low, tweak the consistency when blending with the other oils I use in it. I also use it with my glycerin spray. I apply the butter on top to seal.
Same here. Never really was one to change my routines based on the seasons. Shea year round and LA doesn't really get a true winter.

I thought my hair was fine w/o shea but I'm definitely seeing a difference without it. No butters means using more commercial stuff and my hair is like ma'am, why?? Doesn't stay moisturized as long and my shedding seems to have increased. I remember mango butter being just ok but might try that again.

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
I took two of my twists down. I’m tired of my hair, and I wanted to access the condition, so I think my hair is doing pretty good. I think I feel that cool to the touch feeling. I haven’t visually looked at them yet since it’s currently 5:12 am. One thing is for sure, twisting my hair before adding the extensions was a good idea. Adding my Shea at the ends was even better. Idk yet about the ponytails.

GGsKin

I have also been using Shea all year round. My hair has been in these twists extensions since August and I foresee me not taking them down for a while. The braid hair makes my ends feel a little dry so when I feel like my hair needs it, I just moisturise and butter up a section before retwisting.

snoop

Last month I ordered some ivory shea butter from 3cayg. I used it to make some whipped shea butter using shea and babassu oil. It is so light and fluffy light chocolate mousse, but I should have melted the babassu oil, first.

On Saturday, I tried pre-pooing with this whipped shea butter. I mixed it with some ayurvedic oil and it was so creamy. Unfortunately, I was so heavy handed. I read @Chicoro 's warning a little too late. Hopefully my pipes are ok. Next time, I will go in with it with a lighter touch.

Attachments

• SheaBabassu_LHCF.jpg
    SheaBabassu_LHCF.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 21
  • SheaPrepoo_LHCF.jpg
    SheaPrepoo_LHCF.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 20

water_n_oil

Last month I ordered some ivory shea butter from 3cayg. I used it to make some whipped shea butter using shea and babassu oil. It is so light and fluffy light chocolate mousse, but I should have melted the babassu oil, first.

On Saturday, I tried pre-pooing with this whipped shea butter. I mixed it with some ayurvedic oil and it was so creamy. Unfortunately, I was so heavy handed. I read @Chicoro 's warning a little too late. Hopefully my pipes are ok. Next time, I will go in with it with a lighter touch.
That looks lovely. I've been wanting to try babassu oil.

caribeandiva

Human being

The licking begins!

:lachen::lachen::lachen: The horse adventures continue!! That horse has good taste and is obviously NOT shy. He just wanted a selfie and to snack on your hair. :lachen:

snoop

I pre-pooed with my shea-babassu oil, again, today. This time I warned it to make it liquid then I applied it to my hair. I used way less on my hair this time and it was great!

After washing was all done, I did LCOB, with the remaining melted butter and twisted up my hair. My hair was so shiny and smooth. I bumped the ends then threaded it into a ponytail.

The shea butter last week kept my hair feeling moist. I only had to refresh once this week. I'm going to try for the same again this week.