Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2019

What is the length barrier you would like to break through in 2019, with Shea butter's help?

• Top of shoulder length

Votes: 18 10.2%
  • Collar bone length

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Armpit length

• Between armpit and bra strap length

Votes: 36 20.3%
  • Bra strap length

Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Between bra strap and waist length

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Waist length

Votes: 35 19.8%
  • Whip length

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Hip length

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Tailbone length

• Total voters

Nay

Chicoro, you are silly.

Nowadays, my hair doesn't feel all that photo ready. I swear as I've gotten older it has gotten -- I don't know. It just seems less voluminous and not as "special." I still have my good days, but I feel like my best hair days are behind me :mad: I don't shed a lot of hair, yet my hair seems thinner and softer.

But I promise if I have a really good hair day, I will take a picture and post it. But I'm more of an old princess now, instead of a queen :lachen:

@Chicoro, it just so happened that this wash cycle my hair came out better than it has in a long time. I think it was because I waited a couple days after wash day to do my twistout. If I do it the same day, my hair is too soft. Also, I used some whipped shea butter that I got from an Etsy seller. Maybe my best hair days aren't behind me after all. Here's the results:

fluffyforever

Soft water... omg... I just washed my hair with my water softener hooked up properly and turned on. I shampooed with Hask charcoal and conditioned with Nexxus Keraphix conditioner. My hair is so soft after rinsing. I slathered on my shea whip and my hair did a happy dance. Apparently my water was like level 30 in minerals when it should be more like 5.5. Hopefully this is one more step in the right direction of my healthy hair journey.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
@Chicoro, it just so happened that this wash cycle my hair came out better than it has in a long time. I think it was because I waited a couple days after wash day to do my twistout. If I do it the same day, my hair is too soft. Also, I used some whipped shea butter that I got from an Etsy seller. Maybe my best hair days aren't behind me after all. Here's the results:

Thank you for accommodating my begging for a picture, @Nay! It was well worth the supplication and the groveling on my part. :giggle:

FABULOUS! Shea butter GOT YOU, too.

If your best hair days were BEHIND you, with hair looking like THAT, I might as well be a pitiful hairless RAT. So with all that gorgeousness in the post, there is no way that your best hair days are behind you.

Wait...so have you been using Shea butter for most of your journey?

Chicoro

Soft water... omg... I just washed my hair with my water softener hooked up properly and turned on. I shampooed with Hask charcoal and conditioned with Nexxus Keraphix conditioner. My hair is so soft after rinsing. I slathered on my shea whip and my hair did a happy dance. Apparently my water was like level 30 in minerals when it should be more like 5.5. Hopefully this is one more step in the right direction of my healthy hair journey.

Gold Star for @fluffyforever !

Gaining health and length on afro-textured hair is a THINKING GAME!!!!! It requires ANALYSES, and FOCUSED trial and error. This is EXACTLY what this post demonstrates. Guessing will not get you there!

We can't just grab a bottle of Prell Shampoo, wash our hair at the top of our head loose and call it a day. Nope.

Our hair is so rare and the knowledge and care of our hair is so specialized and nuanced, especially as it pertains to gaining and retaining length, that every little step or action on does can either move your forward on the path to the goal or knock you off the path to the goal.

The challenge for us with afro-textured hair is our hair is picky and the smallest WRONG move can set you back or slow down your health and length gains.

MizzBFly

I’ve shea’d up consistently and my hair has a definite shine without effort, this is the top knot I wore today that I think looks regal, I just need that gold thread to weave it in.
I shea’d today which consists s a bottle mixed with KKNT, texture ID and SM hibiscus condish mixed with water. Followed by whipped shea w/apricot oil and seal it all in with olive oil/avocado blend. My high porosity love the layers
C733FF4A-B927-41BB-83C3-7B131A967D26.jpegAE97CE20-C931-4E46-BB30-2E41D843298F.jpeg27CEA58A-9ACF-4B31-A676-7197B543F00E.jpeg

ETA- correct mixes I was sleepy when I originally posted

Last edited:

Chicoro

I’ve shea’d up consistently and my hair has a definite shine without effort, this is the top knot I wore today that I think looks regal, I just need that gold thread to weave it in.
I shea’d today which consists of KKNT, texture ID confuse and SM hibiscus mixed with water. Followed by whipped shea w/apricot oil and seal it all in with olive oil. My high porosity love the layers
View attachment 442503View attachment 442505View attachment 442507

*Slams on brakes*

Wait a minute....

All those beautiful, thick, long twists are your natural hair...with no hair added? :eek:

And, the top knot IS definitely regal looking.

I'm standing away from you in 2019. That hair Shea'd down is going to gain so much length by December and so quickly that you might just accidentally turn and slap someone to the ground by accident, with all that hair. It's not going to be me. So...let me just calmly trot away, out the slap zone of you and that 'dangerous' hair, with my Unicorn hooves and all.:giggle:

Last edited:

MizzBFly

I’ve shea’d up consistently and my hair has a definite shine, Rhys is the top knot I wore today that I think looks regal, I just need that gold thread to weave it in.
*Slams on brakes*

Wait a minute....

All those beautiful, thick, long twists are your natural hair...with no hair added? :eek:

And, the top knot IS definitely regal looking.

I'm standing away from you in 2019. That hair Shea'd down is going to gain so much length by December and so quickly that you might just accidentally turn and slap someone to the ground by accident, with all that hair. It's not going to be me. So...let me just calmly trot away, out the slap zone of you and that 'dangerous' hair, with my Unicorn hooves and all.:giggle:
From your lips to the Shea Unicorn Ears :love5::giggle:

Chicoro

How do I search for a post number?:cry:

My post is post 3 831, which is at the right hand corner of this post. So, just scroll back a few pages, within this thread, from this post # 831, to post #806.

Chicoro

I bought the strongest degreasing dishwashing detergent in the store. Got the largest size and bought 2. Dump them into my bathroom sink and one into my kitchen sink and let them sit the whole day while I was at work. Came home and ran some hot water down both sinks.

The grease cutting was like magic. It really worked for my pipes.

PlanetCybertron

Anyone got any suggestions for scalp irritation from pollen?

I should note that the sensitivity is typically brought on the worst during spring time, when we have very heavy pollen levels.

Covering up my hair completely does the best job, but In the case of it being already 70+ degrees down here with a humidity index of 90+, I do wish to opt to not always have to wear my beanie or headwrap since I get hot and sweat quite a bit.

Sarabellam

Shea butter Got me shea’d up shea’d up! (Said in the tune of ‘boo’d up’)

It feels good.

I’m also trialing natty moist leave in. I have some flaking on the first few inches of my hair. Otherwise I really like it on my length. My hair color is like a bit lighter and reddish #1B. However, between queen Shea and the natty moist my hair is like a richer 1B nearly jet black on freshly dried hair.

It’s also so shiny I started thinking in weave terms .:lachen:

I ran out of whipped Shea butter. I have a brick of Shea butter that I have not mixed out of laziness. I bought a box of jars to gift to family but I don’t feel like hand washing and completely drying them. (I’m probably also a little nervous about messing up a batch for others.) But today is the day. I will wash in the AM and reward myself by mixing in the PM.

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I feel like whipping up a new batch too. I only have a small amount left of what I'm currently using anyway.

Thinking about straining my coffee oil and making a Whipped Coffee Shea blend. Gotta go to my fragrance stash to see what I feel like using to scent it with. I have plenty coffee fragrances but I don't particularly want to smell like coffee right now.