Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2019

What is the length barrier you would like to break through in 2019, with Shea butter's help?

• Top of shoulder length

Votes: 18 10.2%
  • Collar bone length

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Armpit length

• Between armpit and bra strap length

Votes: 36 20.3%
  • Bra strap length

Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Between bra strap and waist length

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Waist length

Votes: 35 19.8%
  • Whip length

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Hip length

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Tailbone length

• Total voters

caribeandiva

Human being
The herd is on hiatus? Where are those Shea made hair unicorns at? Are we done? Are we on cruise control on the road to super long hair? Have we left the building and moved onto something else?

I'm in maintenance mode myself.
Maintenance mode too. I’ve been traveling lately with more to come. It’s all keeping me busy outside of this board so I’m not around much.

Black Ambrosia

This thread is so long and I am so behind. Do I just jump in here and keep going? I feel like I need to read all the posts so I can get all the secrets from Queen Shea you've all been talking about but the idea of reading through so many pages, while the pages continue to grow, discourages me. Is there a 'best of' list of posts? A top 20? A cheat sheet? Cliff notes? Something? Please..... pretty please... with a cherry on top.

:lachen:

But seriously... all of this would be helpful.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
This thread is so long and I am so behind. Do I just jump in here and keep going? I feel like I need to read all the posts so I can get all the secrets from Queen Shea you've all been talking about but the idea of reading through so many pages, while the pages continue to grow, discourages me. Is there a 'best of' list of posts? A top 20? A cheat sheet? Cliff notes? Something? Please..... pretty please... with a cherry on top.

:lachen:

But seriously... all of this would be helpful.

You are welcomed and encouraged to ask what you would like, right now!

Someone will answer you. At times, if a lot of detail has been created, someone might direct to you where to go to find the information.

There are some things on the first page, in the first post. That should help. Also, go to the 2018 Shea thread. The link is in the first post of this thread as well.

In the first post of the 2018 thread there is a list of Aha's and recipes.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I've converted to using Shea Nilotica over Whipped Shea. It's just so rich and creamy...just top of the line..make you wanna sell your house and invest in East African production...just OMGeeeeeee. A dab will do ya. I've been working on the same jar for what seems like forever now...

Black Ambrosia

I've converted to using Shea Nilotica over Whipped Shea. It's just so rich and creamy...just top of the line..make you wanna sell your house and invest in East African production...just OMGeeeeeee. A dab will do ya. I've been working on the same jar for what seems like forever now...

Where are you ordering it from? How did your shea scalp treatments work out for you?

Black Ambrosia

From here:
https://www.3cayg.com/sheanilotica

Shea Butter on my scalp is fine. I massage it in and butter my hair and scalp up each time I use it. Prior when mixing it with other herbs/oils...my scalp was like ummmm no boo. Straight shea though?! Yessssssss.
Thanks. I see that you can add it to a wish list but I don't see an option to buy. Maybe it's sold out?

Good to know about mixing it with the different herbs and oils and using on the scalp.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Thanks. I see that you can add it to a wish list but I don't see an option to buy. Maybe it's sold out?

Good to know about mixing it with the different herbs and oils and using on the scalp.

Oh no, maybe they are sold out then. This is the only place I've ordered Shea Nilotica from so I cant vouch for other vendors. Their Ivory is yummy too...it just requires whipping...that is if you want it to be creamy and pliable. I prefer Nilotica these days because it can be used as is. Sorry, Sis!

PlanetCybertron

I think I did it guys!!!

I think I’ve finally been able to tackle my rather serious scalp issues!

The few doctors I had visited did their best to help me, and for the most part it is bacterial just from the sheer amount of sweating that I do, coupled with the naturally fluffy and dense hair I have. It’s bacteria’a dream place for living.

Hence the many times I’ve posted about my scalp giving me the blues.

However I think I’ve done it y’all!

WITH the help of Queen Shea. I had to turn into a chemist these past months or so because I was determined to make Shea work for not only my hair, but my scalp too. Turns out Shea Butter can be used in spray form. I know right?!?

But I had to get a decent formulation down, and then thin it out to just the right consistency for it to flow through my new 360 mister without jamming up the spray mechanism.

Long story short, I have a scalp treatment consisting of:

•Shea Nilotica
• Cedar wood oil
•Oat Milk

I was kind of iffy at first because oils or butters on my scalp can easily go from a slight itch or tingling sensation to full blown inflammation and irritation, but surprisingly, this mixture has been amazing!

The Cedarwood is antimicrobial and antibacterial so even when I’m sweating bullets, the oil is hard at work making sure my sweat isn’t fueling bacteria formation.

But the Shea Butter is doing something I hadn’t intended on. Once I’ve showered, and allowed my hair to air dry, I spray the mixture directly on scalp a bit before my scalp has had time to completely dry. I think what the Shea is doing is providing a protective coating over my scalp. Houston’s air is....more or less very foggy and polluted. All the industrialization is just...everywhere (which also another contributing factor to the issues I’ve been having). I’m convinced that the Shea Butter is creating a barrier so that all the dust, dirt, and grime isn’t able to touch my scalp, but has locked in all the moisture my scalp needs to prevent dryness.

I still need to wash at least every 2-3 days, but the days in between washes I have had virtually no itching, no redness, no tightness, and no tingly feelings whatsoever for a good month and a half now.

Such a relief!

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee

I love it too! I had to stop myself from playing in it because it’s so creamy :lachen:

BeautifulRoots

Oh no, maybe they are sold out then. This is the only place I've ordered Shea Nilotica from so I cant vouch for other vendors. Their Ivory is yummy too...it just requires whipping...that is if you want it to be creamy and pliable. I prefer Nilotica these days because it can be used as is. Sorry, Sis!
They are sold out currently. I tried making another order to get some backups a few weeks ago eventhough I still have half the jar left, lol. :lachen: I wonder why they dont order more inventory of the nilotica at a time? When they're out, they're out for a while.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
They are sold out currently. I tried making another order to get some backups a few weeks ago eventhough I still have half the jar left, lol. :lachen: I wonder why they dont order more inventory of the nilotica at a time? When they're out, they're out for a while.

I know right! I got lucky. I was gifted an 8 ounce jar...loved it upon first swipe so I ran to the computer and ordered 2 more pounds of it. I was literally like this at the computer...

water_n_oil

I didn't wanna believe it before, buuuut I think DD1's allergy might be queen shea...

Doing a no shea trial for a bit to see how things go. Her very first reaction 2 years ago was a shea mix but I assumed it was either the coconut oil or eos in the mix. Since then, most of her reactions have been to hair products and I again assumed coconut was the culprit. In the last week or two her reactions have gotten worse (as far as the rash) and we haven't been using any known irritating products but she gets shea'd up after baths.

VictoriousBrownFlower

I nearly forgot that I was supposed to be using shea butter on my ends. I need to remember if I ever plan on keeping my hair past this length. Pulling it out today. Also, I think I am going to add some fragrance so that I am more enticed to use it.
try mixing some shea with your fave smelling leave in, in ur hands b4 applying it to ur hair. dont mix it in the jar though. water based products shouldn't be mixed with shea. it makes it go bad faster. because it breeds bacteria. just do the mixing in ur hand b4 u put it in ur hair

Chicoro

I didn't wanna believe it before, buuuut I think DD1's allergy might be queen shea...

Doing a no shea trial for a bit to see how things go. Her very first reaction 2 years ago was a shea mix but I assumed it was either the coconut oil or eos in the mix. Since then, most of her reactions have been to hair products and I again assumed coconut was the culprit. In the last week or two her reactions have gotten worse (as far as the rash) and we haven't been using any known irritating products but she gets shea'd up after baths.

It is better to know the truth. If it is Shea, now you will have the opportunity to find a wonderful product that works better for her. Keep us posted, please!

Prisangela

Lol, the pic on the right is the one from April, left was this morning. April pic was 1st day hair & doesn’t have a lot of product in it, today is three days old with wrapping at night with Shea butter, so it’s weighed down, not as fluffy. It does look a bit shorter to me, but my hair is thin, just sometimes gives the allusion of thickness depending on the products used. Took another pic in better lighting, but still looks thin n flat. Heck I’ve lost about another 21lbs since April, so I myself look thin and flat compared to then.
View attachment 449779
I was about to say you look slimmer on the left :rolleyes:

Chicoro

We're over halfway through month 8! Some have discovered Shea butter is great and others have realized it may not be for them. That's okay though. The know you know about what works and doesn't work for you, the more successful your hair journey can be!