Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2019

What is the length barrier you would like to break through in 2019, with Shea butter's help?

• Top of shoulder length

Votes: 18 10.2%
  • Collar bone length

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Armpit length

• Between armpit and bra strap length

Votes: 36 20.3%
  • Bra strap length

Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Between bra strap and waist length

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Waist length

Votes: 35 19.8%
  • Whip length

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Hip length

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Tailbone length

• Total voters

awhyley

This is my last year participating in this challenge so I want to say farewell and all the best to everyone moving on with it in 2020.

My membership on the board expires in February and it is not likely that I will be renewing it this time around. I had an awesome time here and I have made many wonderful friends, so much so that you all feel like family to me. I love you all - MUAH :love3:

My focus moving forward will be on the Lord God Almighty and cleaning up my spiritual house. I hope the best for all of you and pray that since this is a Christian based forum, all here would seek Him diligently and intimately while He may be found.

I will be around until my membership expires in February though.

Love always:iloveyou:,
Aggie

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I feel like we just met. :cry:
Anyways, since we're in the same spot, we'll just have to take our discussions offline. See you on the flip side.

caribeandiva

Human being
I know it’s working if my hair is soft, moisturized and I retain length. The reason I’ve even stayed on my hair journey as long as I have is because of this board. YouTube came later. That’s also been why I’ve always been tweaking my hair regimen. I was like: “Ooohhh this person is raving about this product I’ve never heard of?! Let me add it to my list. Or I’m bored with my moisturizing let me try this new one to add excitement to my routine.” Now I know better. Having support is key.
Quoting my own post to remind myself to stick to what works and never deviate from it. A couple of months ago, I added oiling my scalp with the Curlyproverbz Ayurvedic growth oil and realize more than ever that my scalp cannot handle being oiled at all. It gave me a seborrheic dermatitis flare up. Thankfully no setbacks. Honestly I didn’t really believe my doctor when he diagnosed me with it back in February (I think). All I knew is I noticed that the skin around my hairline was getting much lighter. I looked it up and it’s what one of the S. Dermatitis flare ups look like. I still have my prescription so it’ll heal pretty quickly, at least from what I’ve read. I’ve learned the “stick to what works” lesson on a whole other level now. I’m posting this here hoping it helps someone
3D16D585-ACFF-4021-A691-2AE46C8D0332.jpeg
@Chicoro I’m still learning from you. Thank you. :yep:

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
@caribeandiva take care of yourself. Your overall skin is really smooth. I know you have some issues with your hairline. Despite the hairline issues, the rest of your face is glowing and so smooth looking.

Question: Why did your write you are still learning from me? I am not sure I understand the reference in relation to your post. Can you clarify for me, please? Thanks in advance.

caribeandiva

Human being
@caribeandiva take care of yourself. Your overall skin is really smooth. I know you have some issues with your hairline. Despite the hairline issues, the rest of your face is glowing and so smooth looking.

Question: Why did your write you are still learning from me? I am not sure I understand the reference in relation to your post. Can you clarify for me, please? Thanks in advance.
Thank you for the compliment. I am learning more and more why you are so adamant about not changing a thing about a regimen that is working for you. Keep everything exactly the same. That’s what I meant.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Thank you for the compliment. I am learning more and more why you are so adamant about not changing a thing about a regimen that is working for you. Keep everything exactly the same. That’s what I meant.

Okay, I see. Yes, at least get to a critical goal length you want and maintain that length for about 1 year. The one year will give your hair time to be nice and thick at that goal length. You may then want to consider to change something. You have more hair to gamble with at that point. And if you mess up, you will likely have some hair remaining at that goal length to go back and re-start the regimen that was working.

Sarabellam

I had similar issues with my crown....my nape as well, but we wont get into that. I'm not sure of all you've tried so far, but here is what has helped me:

1) Isolating the area on wash day. Not only the crown but grouping the stronger hair surrounding it in with it. It helps eases the tension and places it on the stronger hair instead of the already weakened crown.

2) An uber moisturizing treatment done pre wash. I wont get into all the benefits of each individual ingredient, but know they work very well together for repair.
1 tablespoon melted Shea butter
1 tablespoon of Warmed Creamed Honey
1/2 tablespoon each of Argan Oil & Ricebran oil
A Super Slippery Conditioner. I don't think the brand really matters, just as long as the conditioner is pretty thin in texture. I like Trader Joes Tea Tree Tingle for this.

Apply it to your crown first, then all over if you so desire. (I use it all over). Pull your hair back so its all flowing in the same direction. Preferably how it falls naturally and sit under a steamer if you have one. The steam will really get in there and help the treatment nourish your strands. I usually steam the treatment in, put on a plastic cap & allow it to continue marinating overnight. Try it once a week for around 3 months and see if the area improves.

If you need extra protein: 1/2 teaspoon of Ayurvedic powders, A cap full of Neutral Protein Filler, or some hydrolyzed protein (I like oat protein) works really well in this. Believe me I've tried them all. Thankfully, my crown is now thriving...but I do this treatment often.

HTH!
Bumped to say that this sounds the 22nd century deep conditioner ingredients but with a homemade thin conditioner (rosemary tea and xanthum gum) instead of a store bought conditioner.

I recently made a conditioner inspired by that brand plus a few other recipes that I have seen floating around. I used fine natural 4’s goats milk recipe to estimate amounts. I accidentally added too much guar gum and needed to add more liquid to thin it out made it a bit too thin but my hair still likes it so I thing that I am on

my recipe:
Goats milk powder
Fenugreek and chamomile tea
MSM (1 scoop)
Guar gum
Shea butter
Liquid oil (vanilla jojoba, melanin hair care oil)

Last edited: