Shea Moisture Products

princessdi

Has anyone tried these? If so, what do you think?

This product is for thin, fine hair and is color-safe. It thickens, volumizes and softens.
  • Baobab oil-Contains vitamins A,C,D,E and F to fortify and strengthen hair
  • Yucca-Thickens hair and helps to prevent hair loss
  • Biotin-A powerful B vitamin that strengthens the hair follicle
  • With coconut oil, silk protein & neem oil
  • No parabens, phthalates, paraffin, gluten, propylene glycol, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, animal testing, PABA, synthetic color, DEA, animal ingredients or sulfates
This all natural intense treatment masque with biotin & bamboo extract is for thin, fine hair. It penetrates to moisturize and repair over-processed, dry, brittle or damaged hair. It thickens, volumizes & softens.
  • Baobab oil-Contains vitamins A,C,D,E and F to fortify and strengthen hair
  • Yucca-Thickens hair and helps to prevent hair loss
  • Biotin-A powerful B vitamin that strengthens the hair follicle
  • No parabens, phthalates, paraffin, gluten, propylene glycol, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, animal testing, PABA, synthetic color, DEA, or animal ingredients

Detoxify, condition and soothe hair and scalp with gentle Kaolin clay, herbal extracts, botanical enzymes and essential vitamins. Our intense treatment relieves dry, itchy scalp, removes product buildup and preserves hair by sealing in natural moisture. Treats dandruff, eczema & psoriasis.
  • Plantain enzyme: Helps to alleviate itchiness and irritation
  • Tea tree: Removes buildup for enhanced shine and volume
  • Willow bark extract: Exfoliates and detoxifies hair and scalp
  • Ethically traded ingredients, sustainably produced
  • No parabens, phthalates, paraffin, gluten, propylene glycol, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, PABA, synthetic color, DEA, animal ingredients or sulfates
  • Cruelty free, no animal testing
  • Sulfate free, color safe, organic

Lita

Bumping...I would like to know about the milk too...

*I have the Curl smoothie & Moisture shampoo...

Happy Hair Growing!

SelahOco

You should get a good response since so many people recently bought this b/c of the Walgreens BOGO sale last week.

I bought some, but have only used them on dry hair. I'll use it tonight when I wash and give a better review.

Lita

You should get a good response since so many people recently bought this b/c of the Walgreens BOGO sale last week.

I bought some, but have only used them on dry hair. I'll use it tonight when I wash and give a better review.

SelahOco Please do..Really want to try the milk...

*Tired of ordering everything on line...

Happy Hair Growing!

godzooki

I just bought and tried the Organic coconut & hibiscus hold and shine moisture mist. I just happened to grab the last bottle on the shelf. I love it! I love the way it smells and how it feels. I spritzed my hair with it and scarfed like I normally do and when I took the scarf off my hair felt wonderful and had great shine!

kurlykay

I have the milk and well as the smoothie and the deep treatment masque. i use the masque as a leave-in on damp hair and it moisturizes well in my opinion. the milk, however is my favorite. it has slip and goes on well. it's not greasy and it moisturizes. i'm natural by the way... if it matters.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I've only used the moisture mist and I really like it! It's replacing my homemade mix. Yep :look: it's that serious. :lol:

The rest of my products should be here by the end of the week. (I hope) :grin:

RegaLady

I tried the moisterizing mist and the smoothie and my hair LOVED it! I didn't expect much so that may be why. But the products are pretty good to me.

txnatural409

I have tried the Organic Yucca & Aloe Thickening Growth Milk and it's not all that IMO. After using it twice a week for my two-strand twists, my hair did not significantly get thicker or grow longer. Btw, I see no point of adding biotin because it can't be absorbed by hair, only internally. :ohwell: I gave the rest of the bottle to a friend who recently did her BC so she might achieve results. I will keep using regular JBCO on my scalp & using their Curl Smoothie w/EVOO in my twisting regimen because it keeps my hair moisturized for days at a time.

Now I might have to try that Purification Masque. :scratchch I love herbs. :lick:

dr.j

I've used the purification mask once and like it so far. I also use the curl and style milk - I like that too.

Solitude

My hair is relaxed, but I purchased the yellow line the first week it came to Target last year and found the shampoo drying and the conditioners just ok.

Really liked the moisture sprays.

Recently re-purchased the pink line and I like it. My sister and niece are completely natural and their hair loves Shea Moisture. The pink line smells heavenly to me.

I think they changed the smoothie. It used to be more wet and now it's more whipped.

HeavenlySkies

The Curl Milk did nothing for my hair however the Curl Smoothie was awesome! I tried the deep moisture masque or whatever it's called and that did NOTHING. Tried the restorative treatment conditioner and NOTHING. I still have to try the moisture retention shampoo but now that I bought these knock off wens at the store for $5 each I probably won't have to use those shampoos either.

I really love the shampoo, for it not having detergents it lathered well enough and smelled heavenly. Love the curl enhancing smoothie.

Verdict is still out for the curl and style milk. I used it for a twist out and I liked it but I combined products which I try not to do when doing an honest reveiw. I watched this woman and copied her twist outs because I loved her results in the part 2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmzL2R-bmV8

The deep treatment masque...... I honestly use it the same way I would a shea butter mix. I parted my hair in sections to deep condition with it and before I finished applying the product to one section I knew it wasn't going to do anything for my hair so I switched back to my silk elements. It's great for sealing though.

Last edited:

shortee

I have not used those two, but I love the deep treatment masque, and the moisture conditioner. I just picked up the elixer and the curling smoothie.. I m sure they will work wonders. I love this line!!

iri9109

i like the yucca & baobab anti-breakage mask, but i mixed it with AOGPB so i cant give a full review on it...i'm really liking the curl enhancing smoothie for twistouts on damp hair...the curl & style milk was ok, but i only used a little on dry hair for frizz so i cant give a full review yet...i havent used the raw shea deep treatment mask yet, but i'll probably only use it as a leave-in/styler, not a DC...the coco & hibiscus moisture mist is really good, i want to try the other mists...later on this month i wanna use one of my rain checks and get the raw shea strengthening elixir, restorative condish, moisture retention poo & one more other thing.

KurlyNinja

I really LOVE LOVE LOVE the Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Smoothie. Its super moisturizing and leaves my hair soft and you dont really need to use that much. I seal with coconut oil. I used it for a WnG 3 days ago (I will say I'm pushing this WnG :look: but...) and my hair is STILL moisturized. The Shea Butter masque was ok, but I cant give a full review on it because I havent used it on shampoo'd hair yet.

pjbapb

I used the purification masque for the first time this weekend. I used it cocktailed with the anti breakage masque as well. I put the purification on my roots and rubbed it onto my scalp and I put the anti breakage on my ends. No matter how clean my scalp is, I get itchy spots in the same areas every time that I DC. Well with this product, I noticed right away, that the usual itchies that I experience were GONE! My scalp felt so clean and soothed. It is two days later and my scalp STILL isn't itching at all.

So far I am very pleased. I think I will try this once a weekon my roots and see what it think after a month or so.

GraceV

Here's my response from the BOGO thread (updated):

Here's my review. Overall with these products, Less is more. A little goes a long way.

So far I have tried:
The Curl enhancing smoothie: MISS. Sat on my hair and didn't look like it would be absorbed. The hair felt dry but coated. I returned it. Folks have said it is best used on wet hair. And it seems more naturals love it. It smells great. I really wish it worked for my texlaxed hair.

Curl and Style Milk: HIT. Nice... if you can handle the fragrance. My hair felt moisturized, and since I used a scarf on my edges, I didn't get any "curls."

Now for my sweethearts: The Raw Shea butter line

The Masque: HIT depending on how you use it. It didn't do much as a DC/rinse out conditioner. I left it on for 5 minutes, and when I rinsed my hair felt like I had done a very mild protein tx. As a leave in though... PURE LOVE for my edges. It lays them down! Unlike the smoothie, this one moisturizes and gets absorbed without leaving a white coating on the hair (wet or dry). The fragrance is LESS powerful than the C&H.

The Restorative Conditioner is a dream as a leave-in. HIT. I did not and do not plan to use this as a rinse out condish. I have Kenra for that. It's quickly absorbed and not greasy. I combined it with the masque as a leave-in. My hair is in a very good mood.

The Reconstructive Elixir is delicious. HIT. The ingredients look good. The fragrance is the mildest and fades quickly. I used it to seal. I think I went overboard though with spraying it, so next time I'll spray it on my hand and then rub it in my hair. Even though I have too much in my hair, the oil is light so that my hair is still light and moves, you only find out it's too much if you stick your hand in my hair and come out with shiny fingers . I plan to add some of it to the coconut oil I use to seal. Since coconut oil is a carrier oil, I imagine it won't hurt to add it's benefits to the elixir.

Raw Shea butter shampoo: HITish. My scalp loves sulfates, my hair doesn't. I've been trying to find a balance that cleans my scalp yet leaves my hair moisturized. I've only used it once and it left my hair feeling clean but not stripped. This is my first time using an all-natural shampoo so it felt... different. It lathers well, but the lather is different from regular shampoo lather; don't know how else to put it.
I'm undecided on it for now because I need to see how my scalp responds when my hair is dry (I'm DCing now), and over a couple of washes. Non-Sulfates like CON leave a residue on my scalp, so I tend to wash my scalp with Sulfate shampoos once a week. If this doesn't leave a residue/coating on my scalp, it would be a huge hit.

Overall I would say the Raw Shea butter line is more favorable for my relaxed hair. The C&H milk I kept for those days I want nice smelling hair (maybe on a date) BUT KEEP IN MIND, FOR THIS PRODUCT LESS IS MORE!!! Don't want to run off your date cos your hair strongly smells too sweet

Hope my review helped.

I plan to try the Growth Milk when I'm done DCing. I expect no miracles. I bought it mainly for the fragrance. I doubt that it will make my hair grow any faster or give me significantly thicker stands (that's what hardcore protein tx are for). Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised?

GreenEyedJen

princessdi, I haven't used anything from the Yucca and Baobab line, but I just picked up that purification masque. Didn't use it last wash day because I did a hardcore protein treatment. I plan on using it later on this week, by itself, and will be back with my results.

Forever in Bloom

I have tried the Organic Yucca & Aloe Thickening Growth Milk and it's not all that IMO. After using it twice a week for my two-strand twists, my hair did not significantly get thicker or grow longer. Btw, I see no point of adding biotin because it can't be absorbed by hair, only internally. :ohwell: I gave the rest of the bottle to a friend who recently did her BC so she might achieve results. I will keep using regular JBCO on my scalp & using their Curl Smoothie w/EVOO in my twisting regimen because it keeps my hair moisturized for days at a time.

Now I might have to try that Purification Masque. :scratchch I love herbs. :lick:

C'mon now. You didn't really expect your hair to thicken up or grow 1/2 inch in a matter of 2 days did you? :look:

13StepsAhead

I really like the Yucca and Aloe milk. My hair is already thick so I'm not looking for anymore thickness; however, It made my hair really soft and had a lot of slip as I putting it on.

txnatural409

C'mon now. You didn't really expect your hair to thicken up or grow 1/2 inch in a matter of 2 days did you? :look:

I used it for a little over a month, twice every week. Sorry about the misunderstanding. To me, it only served as a regular moisturizer. There was nothing special about it as for me and my hair. I love their pink labeled products though. :yep:

Lita

I really like the Yucca and Aloe milk. My hair is already thick so I'm not looking for anymore thickness; however, It made my hair really soft and had a lot of slip as I putting it on.

I'm a slip queen....So think I will try it...

*My hair demands SLIP or it will start a civil war with me..lol

Happy Hair Growing!

Adaj

Today was wash day for me!!! I'm currently DCing under my heating cap. I pooed with Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo with Plantain Enzyme, Tee Tree and Willow Bark Extract. This poo smells :lick::lick::lick:. I was a little disappointed though because it didn't lather enough for me. However, once I washed it out, my hair felt the best it's ever felt. My hair was very easy to comb through even before I put in my DC. I think this one MAY be a keeper.