Shea Moisture Products

DarkHair

I'm transitioning and used the Elixir to flat-iron last night.....oooooh I loved it.

I've yet to use the poo, deep treatment masque, curl enhancing smoothie, etc. I'll let you all know over time.

LifeafterLHCF

Just started using the Moisture Retention Shampoo and I think this is a keeper.My hair normally is hella tangled Im a misfit natural and this stuff made my hair great.I didnt have to use my bestie mane and tail detangler to get a comb through it.I hope they bogo again in the future so I can get another bottle and try the other products.

Vashti

I bought and used the Purification Masque. Twice. I used it this morning in fact. it has a nice smell, similar to the Curl Enhancing Smoothie. It cleans my hair really well, just as well as my shampoo that has sulfates. Leaves my hair feeling bare. That's been my experience so far.

I only use this on Saturday mornings in the shower when I've done a heavy oiling and baggyed the night before, otherwise I feel it would make my hair too dry. I like it though. I also bought the Reconstructive Elixir. IMO it works best on wet hair, has a nice mild smell. I mix some of it with my castor/olive oil mix to make it smell better.

I saw the Thickening Growth Milk but decided not to get it since my hair is already thick.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I really like both of the conditioners from the Shea Butter line. I'm really interested in the purification masque and will pick some up if i see it.

bluevalentine

i used the deep conditioner from the shea line, my hair loved it. i left it on for about 30 minutes. not much slip, however my hair had this heavy and healthy feel to it. once it dried it was soft and moisturized. i am sold on it, its definitely a keeper. i usually slack on deep conditioning but this is a staple product for me and i will be using it once per week.

fluffyforever

I didn't see the two products the OP mentioned at the store, but last night I bought Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl and Shine Shampoo (it also goes by another name on some labels but has the same ingredients) from the pink line at Walgreens. I also bought NTM shampoo and daily conditioner in the same trip.

This has got to be the best natural, non-sulfate shampoo I have ever tried. It has a crazy big lather, which was totally unexpected for one with no sulfates. It also didn't shock my hair into being straw like dry like other shampoos (with sulfates or not). And it left my hair soft.

I will be returning both NTM products (didn't even try them) today and picking up other Shea Moisture products at my Walgreens. I'm interested in trying the curl enhancing smoothie or anything from the yellow product line.

prettypithy

Just goes to show you, each product reacts differently for each head. The Deep Treatment Masque is a holy grail product. Did those who were dissatisfied with it, try it with heat? My results are luxuriously soft and moisturized every time.

growingbrown

I love the curl smoothie! It moisturizes my hair for days and gives my twist out a very good look. At first I put about a quarter size in my hands and rubbed it in my hair, it really didn't do any thing to my hair. Then I applied it to each twist and wow! What a difference. I wet my hair a little and then applied product. Great moisture and shine to my transitioning hair.

Sent from my PG06100 using PG06100

EllePixie

Just goes to show you, each product reacts differently for each head. The Deep Treatment Masque is a holy grail product. Did those who were dissatisfied with it, try it with heat? My results are luxuriously soft and moisturized every time.

I never tried it with heat (used it before I got my steamer), but IMO, you shouldn't have to use a DC with heat in order for it to be satisfactory.

chebaby

I never tried it with heat (used it before I got my steamer), but IMO, you shouldn't have to use a DC with heat in order for it to be satisfactory.
i agree. i shouldnt have to use heat. inf act most of the time i dont use heat with my conditioners. this conditioner did nothing for me. it was too thick, unnecessarily thick:nono: had no slip at all and i think i left it on for 30 minutes and when i rinsed it was like i never put anything on my hair. it did nothing.

EllePixie

i agree. i shouldnt have to use heat. inf act most of the time i dont use heat with my conditioners. this conditioner did nothing for me. it was too thick, unnecessarily thick:nono: had no slip at all and i think i left it on for 30 minutes and when i rinsed it was like i never put anything on my hair. it did nothing.

I agree. As a DC it was way too buttery....butters and oils do not provide moisture. It was better as a leave in (like an oil) under a gel to soften it.

BrooklynSouth

I couldn't resist anymore so purchased the yellow label: Shea Deep treatment masque and the Shea Replenishing Conditioner. Have not tried the masque yet but the conditioner as a leave-in has a very strong-though not unpleasant-but strong scent. Shampooed yesterday so will have to wait a few days to see how they do on wet hair.

appplecidder

Omg y'all make me want to go out and buy the whole line. I bought curl enhancing smothie and it has changed my hairs life. Like others have stated a little goes along way.

Sent from my MB200 using Long Hair Care Forum App

allmundjoi

Omg y'all make me want to go out and buy the whole line. I bought curl enhancing smothie and it has changed my hairs life. Like others have stated a little goes along way.

Same here. I love it for my tnc. Its funny, I just realized I purchsed the Curl Enhancing Smoothie before. I tried to use it for a wash n go and was not impressed and returned it. I am going to make a new rule with myself that I have to try a product at least 3 times, 3 different ways before I sack it. I also love the Moisture Retention Shampoo. I have the Curl & Style Milk which has lost its appeal since the Smoothie has entered my life.

Sent from my DROIDX

appplecidder

Same here. I love it for my tnc. Its funny, I just realized I purchsed the Curl Enhancing Smoothie before. I tried to use it for a wash n go and was not impressed and returned it. I am going to make a new rule with myself that I have to try a product at least 3 times, 3 different ways before I sack it. I also love the Moisture Retention Shampoo. I have the Curl & Style Milk which has lost its appeal since the Smoothie has entered my life.

Sent from my DROIDX

Yes the third time is the charm with the smoothie... I want to try the shampoo and the milk so bad. : /