shea moisture purification masque...whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

jamaica68

I'll be trying this in the morning, I put it in an applicator bottle to make it easier to apply.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using LHCF

NJoy

Here I grow again!
My goodness. There are some Enablers up in here. *sigh* I plan to henna my hair this weekend. Do you think this will work as a moisturizing DC after my henna?

Royalq

I have a jar untouched. im not sure where to put this in my routine. Is it a prepoo? Do i shampoo afterwards? Is it a dc? im not sure what to do. The instructions just say damp hair, which is no help.

jamaica68

This stuff is the ish!!! I rinsed my hair with acv then applied the masque in sections, massaged it into my scalp and then the length of my hair, put a plastic cap on and rinsed in the shower about 2 hours later. My hair and scalp felt amazingly soft and clean.

I followed up with a black tea rinse, deep conditioned for an hour, rinsed, applied my leave in, hair butter and sealed. I'm glad I tried it cuz I was sbout to order Teressentials again I saved some $$$$$.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using LHCF

youwillrise

i need to order more...going to soon. i really wish i could find this at walgreens or target like i can every other shea moisture product lol.

actually, i think i'll reorder it now...

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I have a jar untouched. im not sure where to put this in my routine. Is it a prepoo? Do i shampoo afterwards? Is it a dc? im not sure what to do. The instructions just say damp hair, which is no help.
Royalq

This is probably exactly why I haven't used it. I just do know what to do with it.:lol:

Not sure how to werk it.

daviine

It can be used before a shampoo or after a shampoo. I've tried it once each way so I'm not sure which way is best for me yet. I do like it though.

I do know what you mean about not knowing how to use it. I find SM product directions to be vague which annoys me.

daviine

@IDareT'sHair

I've been wanting to use it as a CW also but I want to leave it in for 30 minutes. I'm not sure where in my regimen I want this so I'm just using up stuff. Steaming on dry hair and following up with a DCer sounds :lick:. Let me know what you decide to do and how it turns out.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@daviine

I will:yep: (whenever I get around to finally pulling it out:yawn:).

Now that you mention it, I also thought about applying to dry hair under dryer for 30 minutes and cowashing it out, etc.....

I've just not done any of it yet.:lol:

youwillrise

i ordered some earlier from walgreens.com. dont have the rewards card though.

also just to let yall know...at walgreens now, you dont get any sale prices unless you have & use the rewards card...doesnt matter what the product is apparently (the cashier told me that last time i went to walgreens). meh, i dunno if i'll get one. i dont go to walgreens THAT much.

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
I have used it as a prepoo...it is a really good product. It will be a backup product when I don't have time to order anything online... :yep:

Just11412

@Ogoma Have you/do you use the Anti Breakage Hair Masque?

i have used it and my hair just hated it. in fact my hair hated all of the masques from shea moisture except the purification one. my hair felt strong but not moisturized and soft. and i prefer moisturized and soft, with some strength. now the other conditioners (the restorative one) can come in the pump, are golden.

AtlantaJJ

Glad I ran into this thread. I'm going to use this as a pre-poo/cleanser on wash day. I keep forgetting to use this!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
i have used it and my hair just hated it. in fact my hair hated all of the masques from shea moisture except the purification one. my hair felt strong but not moisturized and soft. and i prefer moisturized and soft, with some strength. now the other conditioners (the restorative one) can come in the pump, are golden.

Just11412

Thanks for the Review Girl!:yep: I appreciate it.

Atdow71

I love this stuff! It melts away all of my tangles and when I leave it in overnight, my hair is soft for days.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Just11412

Thanks Again!:grin:

I also noticed the reviews n YT for the Anti-Breakage was mixed.:perplexed

It seems like the Purification Masque gets pretty good reviews.

I only have 1 Jar of the Anti-Breakage

Just11412

^^ yeah if you do use it, i suggest adding things to it. like i added olive oil and honey to it. and that made it a little better in my opinion.

Just11412

^^ i love mixing things because it stretches my products out longer. plus i like just experimenting. but i understand what you are saying. you like stuff to stand alone (as it should).

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Just11412

Gurl, I know Imma end up keeping it, because I wouldn't even know what to ask for a sufficient "Swap"? :look:

And then pay to ship it. Probably not worth it.:perplexed

I'll try it soon. Use it Up. And add an Oil on top or underneath if I have to.