Shea Moistures Conditioners

Natirelle

I am a big fan of Shea Moistures shampoos, but there leave-in and deep conditioners is a joke.
Ive use both separate and together, still achieved horrible results.
Im taking its the glycerin in the ingredient list that makes my hair act weird. (tangles easily wont hold curl definition, and dry):nono:

When I use my Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose conditioner, it has glycerin in it to my hair behaves great.:yep:

Have anyone else experienced this with shea moistures conditoners? Ive mixed oil in it and still the same results.

Last edited:

LdyKamz

I don't like them either. They weren't terrible but when I used them it was almost as if I hadn't done anything to my hair. And I've heard this from others too. I'm not sure what it is but I am not a fan and won't be trying them again.

mshoneyfly

Which formula are you using?

I agree the poos are great. I use the raw shea restorative conditioner as a moisturizer on dry texturized hair. It is soo moisturizing! And I buy the raw deep mask to mix my henna gloss or any other powders I use. I also have the raw shea extra moisture transitioning milk. It smells like vanilla and softens tangled hair like a dream. Im using the raw shea damage repair hair and scalp serum tonight around my thin edges. I have 4 of each one in my stash!

I have tried the yucca & baobab volumizing conditioner and anti breakage masque with heat and it works pretty well that way. Of course the hair milk is rich and moisturizing. I just bought the purification masque due to the rave reviews but haven't tried yet. My daughter swears by the African black soap poo. Im gonna clarify with them this week.

Lilmama1011

I have shea moisture deep mask and I hate it! It stinks and does absolutely nothing, I would use it for a sealer since it has shea butter

Iluvsmuhgrass

Love the shampoo (Coconut Hibiscus is my favorite) but hate the conditioners and leave-ins. :nono: They were a no go. The spray was decent but only when used under my QB AOHC.

koolkittychick

Girl YES!!! My hair HATES that stuff! The shampoo is fine, and I use the elixir (the oil that comes in a spray bottle) as my go-to sealer, but the conditioners almost took my hair out it knotted up so bad. I think it's the shea butter in it (my hair has never liked that stuff), but man my hair raged out of control when I put it on! It got so bad I had to immediately wash it out with neutralizing shampoo just to get all traces of it out and get my hair to stop knotting up and snapping everywhere. :nono: This was just with the raw shea butter line; I'm too scared now to try the other ones. For that I will just spend the extra money to buy what I know will work on my hair. :ohwell: I have too much hair now to lose it all on a bit of product junkyism.

Jewell

The deep treatment masque (raw Shea butter) did nothing as a conditioner except sit on my hair, but I love it as a moisturizing leave-in butter. The anti-breakage masque works well on my hair. I recently bought the black soap purification masque but haven't tried it yet. I like all the other Shea Moisture products I've tried. If they didn't do so well on my own relaxed hair, I just use them on my daughter's natural 4a hair and they work fine for her. The main sell for me was the cost and the fact that they are organic.

I began using the products when I was natural and wasn't about to throw them away...and turns out they work well on my relaxed hair too, just have to use a lot less.

Last edited:

MystiqueBabe

The yellow and the pink curl shampoo are the only two shampoos that I use. I like them both.

But I agree that the conditioners are really bad. Maybe it's just my hair?

The deep treatment one only works for me as a leave in/moisturizer. The conditioner in the black jar was also horrible on my hair. My hair felt weird and still dry. Maybe they work better with heat?

Has anyone used them with heat? Were the results any better? I plan to use the black one with heat sometime this week.

mshoneyfly

The yellow and the pink curl shampoo are the only two shampoos that I use. I like them both.

The deep treatment one only works for me as a leave in/moisturizer. The conditioner in the black jar was also horrible on my hair. My hair felt weird and still dry. Maybe they work better with heat?

Has anyone used them with heat? Were the results any better? I plan to use the black one with heat sometime this week.

Meeee! I am using the purification mask prob this weekend for the first time and yes Im using heat. Its supposed to clarify and detox the follicles. Im gonna use the black soap poo too

From my experience, you have to use heat to get a good result. It says to use heat on all the mask labels

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
The orange ones worked for me. Only reason I stopped is because it did nothing for my shrinkage thanks to the glycerin but it left my hair feeling soft and moisturized

Guinan

Re-Branding
ive tried both the raw shea butter conditioner and the deep masque conditioner & both of them are horrible. The reg shea butter conditioner is better than the deep masque conditioner. I luv there shampoo; it's a staple of mine.

ckisland

Girl YES!!! My hair HATES that stuff! The shampoo is fine, and I use the elixir (the oil that comes in a spray bottle) as my go-to sealer, but the conditioners almost took my hair out it knotted up so bad. I think it's the shea butter in it (my hair has never liked that stuff), but man my hair raged out of control when I put it on! It got so bad I had to immediately wash it out with neutralizing shampoo just to get all traces of it out and get my hair to stop knotting up and snapping everywhere. :nono: This was just with the raw shea butter line; I'm too scared now to try the other ones. For that I will just spend the extra money to buy what I know will work on my hair. :ohwell: I have too much hair now to lose it all on a bit of product junkyism.

I had a similar experience when I tried the entire pink line and the yellow Deep Treatment when it first came to my local Walgreens. Lord!! I have never had to shampoo my hair so much before. I even went looking for a new product that would combat the horrible dryness :nono:. I had to take everything back! I wanted to like Shea Moisture so badly (I would have loved to support an all natural, on the ground, black business that's reasonably priced), but another fiasco with Everyday Shea taught me that my hair hates shea butter :perplexed:.

Alta Angel

I love the shampoos, the Curl Milk, and the Curl Enhancing Smoothie. I didn't like any of the after shampoo conditioners. They just sat on my hair and did nothing.

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
I only like their body lotion. Their hair products were a waste of my time and money.

Lilmama1011

I did, I use all my conditioners with heat, didn't do anything!

RoseGolden

Yup this stuff leaves my hair a dry mess and just feels ugh while applying it. I've seen a ton of bad reviews on it. No thanks.

Ann0804

My hair loves the conditioners in this line. I've used and liked:

SM leave in ( the one that's only sold online)
SM restorative ( I use this as a leave in)
SM anti breakage mask ( I use this as a styler)
SM purification mask ( I've used this for co washing)

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Love the Purification Mask for Deep Co-Cleansing:love:
Love the Restorative Elixir for a Oil Spritz

Also purchased the AntiBreakage and turned that into a Cowash to use it up. Didn't care for it or the smell.:perplexed

These are the only SM's I've purchased.

I wanted to try some of the other Spritz but have haven't yet. The Hibiscus Spritz got some decent reviews:ohwell:

mz.rae

There conditioners aren't that great, I do like the hair milk leave in and their shampoos. I tried the restorative mask it did absolutely nothing for my hair! To get rid of it I mixed it with my cholesterol conditioners with some oil.

mshoneyfly

Ladies,

Another thing I learned with SM products is to clarify/chelate before trying a new natural product. This washed out all the silicones and any mineral or calcium deposits left from hard water and relaxer.

Thats when I tried the raw shea deep treatment masque again with heat and got great results. Then I stopped using cones all together. My relaxed bone straight ends started to retain length