Shedding question. Adrienne?

hiddy3

Hey guys,
I haven't been around in a while and wanted to drop in, catch up and say "Hey"!

Listen, has anyone found a way to slow down shedding? I'm going through a bout of it now. It's happened before, but then tappered off and eventually stopped. Adrienne (long time no speak, girl), you finally got yours in check right? How did you do it? : )

Pallas

Not Adrienne but I helped stop mine by looking at my diet. I realized that my slight anaemia meant I was low on iron and that leads to hair shedding so I started taking iron supplements and eating more food rich in it.

You may also want to check to see if there's anything your deficient in or make sure you are taking a good all round multi vitamin.

Secondly I found Aubrey Organics GPB protein conditioner which is mild enough to use often but still an effective p.con. so that also helps slow shedding. There are lots of p. conds around that you may prefer.

Hope this helps a little. Also, bumping for Adrienne.

adrienne0914

"PAAAAALLLLLAAAAASSSSS!!!" girl, where have you been? sorry to hear about your shedding problem. i know it can be really frustrating.
i think the main thing is figuring out what's causing it. i know we're supposed to shed some, but we can tell when it gets to being excessive.

the source of mine was pretty easy to identify... BC pills. i went from brand to brand. it would get better for a while but eventually start again. so i had to stop taking them to stop the shedding. i guess it helps that i don't really need them right now, but umm...

if you've been taking them for a while without a problem, it's probably something else. i agree with BRH. check your diet. also i think stress can cause it. look at EVERYTHING until you figure it out. let us know what you find out, and don't be such a stranger, girl!!

pinkpanda_99

{{{Pallas}}}}! Long time no speak in deed. Have you changed anything in your regime that may have increased the shedding (i.e., new hair products -- Stylist -- I know that one, "stylist", made you smile...)? Are you stressed? I can't remember when your normal shedding period began. I want to say in the winter months like mine. Your shedding pattern could be changing and evolving earlier than usual. Also, Adrienne hit on a good point with the bcp's and diet. Holla back soon!

adrienne0914

and you too, pink!! wassup, girl? i was waiting to read your usual "i'm out!"
i'm so glad to see you posting as well!!

hiddy3

Thanks for the suggestions Ladies! I really appreciate them. I can't figure out why the shedding has increased lately. I'm not on BC pills but do take meds for hypertension (runs in the family). These meds do a number on hair (dryness, breakage, shedding, fall out...). It's a wonder that I have a hair on my head. I've never had trouble obtaining length (I maintain it at 4-5 inches below shoulders) but keeping it healthy while on these meds has been a problem I have struggled with for years. Thank goodness for all the tips and support from this forum.

Adrienne and Pink: Soooo very nice to hear from you! Life has been busy and crazy lately, but I'll try not to be such a stranger. Love ya!

Pallas