shedding

Cleve_gryl

Yall, I DO NOT DETANGLE WITH A RATTAIL COMB!!! :eek: I just left it on the counter so you could see a size comparison. I use a Jilbere that hangs in the shower.

This is an unusual amount of shedding for me, and thinking back to the winter I don't remember it being this much. Soooo, I guess we should attribute this to seasonal :confused:...It really did kick up around April or so.

I don't comb my hair during the day, only at night when its time to wrap it up for bed and again in the morning when its time to take it down.

guesswho

You'll have me confuse if you'll see my shed hair at washing I should be bald lol, the first pic is a joke lol the second pic is more reasonable, correct me if I'm wrong but we all agree that normal shedding is 50 to 100 strands per day so if a person dosent comb there hair for the week like myself its normal to shed up to 700 strands? Because that's what you'll are saying, and I shed close to that every week, I'm not alarm anymore after doing research I'm ok, knowledge is power, and I don't have bald spots and my hair is thick and my shed hairs will send you'll running lol,

deejoy

Increasing my iron intake stopped my shedding. If you see a lot in your comb/brush, on your back or all over your floor and sink, you probably have an iron/vitamin deficiency.

Last edited:

growinstrong

You are right, that would make 700 max for the week of shedded hair. If I saw that much hair I would drop dead :eek:. I guess this makes me feel a lot better about my shedding experience. Thanks guys, you are all wonderful :kiss:

guesswho said:
You'll have me confuse if you'll see my shed hair at washing I should be bald lol, the first pic is a joke lol the second pic is more reasonable, correct me if I'm wrong but we all agree that normal shedding is 50 to 100 strands per day so if a person dosent comb there hair for the week like myself its normal to shed up to 700 strands? Because that's what you'll are saying, and I shed close to that every week, I'm not alarm anymore after doing research I'm ok, knowledge is power, and I don't have bald spots and my hair is thick and my shed hairs will send you'll running lol,

ms*x

i'm very surprised that someone else is experiencing as much shedding as i...i have been shedding about as much as the pic posted for about 2 weeks now...it's coming from the front and top, mostly...i still have lots of hair left but it is getting thinner...mind you, the shedding appears to be reducing, but not drastically.
i hadn't changed anything in my routine that had become quite successful for me in growing my hair. the shedding started abruptly and i am hoping and PRAYING it ends just as abrupt.

i've also been experiencing acne and i've NEVER had a skin problem before like this...the shedding and acne started around the same time. could be hormonal...:perplexed

Seeking8Rights

Sexyred said:
Is it really good at detangling? I am currently transitioning so I have about 3 to 4 inches of new growth and wash days I cry my eyes out to see how much my hair tangles/ shed or just plain come out. I have naturally thin hair but a lot of it, so I have major issues. I hope one day I too can wash and see the amount you shed until then I keep praying..Thanks for the reply.

Yes it is VERY good for detangling and you don't have to worry about split ends either. I purhcased 2 because they are so darn good. It's about the widest comb I have ever seen in a while, and it's made for detangling.

Get a couple and try it...:)

Seeking8Rights

from36to38 said:
i'm very surprised that someone else is experiencing as much shedding as i...i have been shedding about as much as the pic posted for about 2 weeks now...it's coming from the front and top, mostly...i still have lots of hair left but it is getting thinner...mind you, the shedding appears to be reducing, but not drastically.
i hadn't changed anything in my routine that had become quite successful for me in growing my hair. the shedding started abruptly and i am hoping and PRAYING it ends just as abrupt.

i've also been experiencing acne and i've NEVER had a skin problem before like this...the shedding and acne started around the same time. could be hormonal...:perplexed

This sounds like what my hair was doing a few months ago, it had me crazed :eek: . I was thinking all types of stuff, but when I call my friend who owns a hair salon in the states and then did some research, I found that my body was deficient in alot of things-protien, vitamin a, etc, etc. And I just couldn't do a protein treatment for the hair and expect my body to benefit from that :look:. So I had to put my laziness in check (not taking vit's consistantly, eating healthy, etc) and make it all about the hair.

I starting drinking the seven wonders drink (though it doesn't taste wonders, my hair is my priority), I order a crap load of supplements from Puritan's Pride (the pill sups of whats in the drink) and went to town.

Sure enough, a week later...my hair was back on point, my skin was glowing, and again my hair was back on point with VERY LITTLE (I mean little) SHEDDING. I even started brushing again (from the crown to the ends) as a test to see if the drink was solid and with my new brush I had the same amount of hair come through as shown in the picture I posted earlier.

So, if I were you I would examine your diet first and work from there. :)

I'll be praying with you cause I know how it is girl. :)

ms*x

Keclee23 said:
This sounds like what my hair was doing a few months ago, it had me crazed :eek: . I was thinking all types of stuff, but when I call my friend who owns a hair salon in the states and then did some research, I found that my body was deficient in alot of things-protien, vitamin a, etc, etc. And I just couldn't do a protein treatment for the hair and expect my body to benefit from that :look:. So I had to put my laziness in check (not taking vit's consistantly, eating healthy, etc) and make it all about the hair.

I starting drinking the seven wonders drink (though it doesn't taste wonders, my hair is my priority), I order a crap load of supplements from Puritan's Pride (the pill sups of whats in the drink) and went to town.

Sure enough, a week later...my hair was back on point, my skin was glowing, and again my hair was back on point with VERY LITTLE (I mean little) SHEDDING. I even started brushing again (from the crown to the ends) as a test to see if the drink was solid and with my new brush I had the same amount of hair come through as shown in the picture I posted earlier.

So, if I were you I would examine your diet first and work from there. :)

I'll be praying with you cause I know how it is girl. :)

bless you, my child.:p
i will be taking your advice.

bgsix

Vidal Sasson Professional Rubber Wide Tooth Comb made strictly for detangling.

Keclee, after you are done detangling with this particular comb do you follow it with a medium wide tooth comb?

The reason I ask is because I had a comb similar to that and left my hair not fully combed - if you understand what I mean. It seems like the wide tooth comb left some of the hair untouched or something.

Seeking8Rights

bgsix said:
Vidal Sasson Professional Rubber Wide Tooth Comb made strictly for detangling.

Keclee, after you are done detangling with this particular comb do you follow it with a medium wide tooth comb?

The reason I ask is because I had a comb similar to that and left my hair not fully combed - if you understand what I mean. It seems like the wide tooth comb left some of the hair untouched or something.

No, i don't follow up with any other comb only because it detangles all my tresses. I comb through with a conditioner, rinse, then do another light comb through just to get it ready for rollersetting or blow drying. Thus far I haven't had any problems with knots or anything like I used to.

The one think I like most about this comb is that it doesn't pull out my hair like other wide tooth combs. I was using a wide tooth afro pic metal comb with the black handle and that was pull all types of unnecessary hairs.

I hope I answered your question. :)

neonbright

I have been getting alot of shadding, I know I have more in the summer versus the rest of the year. But it has gotten too hard to detangle and is a choir. So on my last visit I told my stylist and she really looked at my hair while wet and notice that I had two sections that were textlax and the rest of my hair relax, the areas where my hair tangles up. So on Saturday when I get my touch up she will try to do some corrective on those two sections without overprocessing and overlaping.

Everone cross your fingers.

Cleve_gryl

I'm going to try the 7 Wonders drink and see what happens...I'd rather drink something not so tasty then to see all my hair down the drain :ohwell:

ClassicBeauty

My hair seems to be shedding a whole lot! I've been bunning lately because I'm afraid that if it's down it's all gonna fall out. I started BT, but that's nothelping. I shouldn't be vit deficient because I take a multi, b-complex, and omega 3 daily. I haven't changed anything in my lifeso I'm so confused.
For clarification, it is not breaking, it's shedding from the root. It still has the white tip from my scalp.

Angelicus

Summer is actually shedding season for mammals. I know it sounds crazy but it's true! It's seasonal.