shedding????

YummyC

I see a a lot of hair lately and they are all long so i assume this is shedding. I have not seen the little broken ones. My question is this, hat can I do??
I do a daily con wash and i moisturize twice daily with UBH creme. Could I be doing something wrong?
Also, I got a touch up on the 3rd of July and there is a lot of new growth already........could that be why?
HELP TIA

Sweet_Ambrosia

It may be normal shedding, 50-100 hairs a day or less is the norm. Just to make sure check to see if there's a little white bulb at the end of the hairs.

Jewell

I think my hair is going though a period of shedding, because I haven't had much shedding in the past year. It is subsiding. I started shedding a little back in March, but when I started daily co washing, it stopped. I have been daily co washing lately and it has been slowing down. I think when I go too long between washes (more than a couple days to 5 days) my scalp gets too dry and my hair DEFINITELY sheds if my scalp gets dry.

Jewell

YummyC said:
I see a a lot of hair lately and they are all long so i assume this is shedding. I have not seen the little broken ones. My question is this, hat can I do??
I do a daily con wash and i moisturize twice daily with UBH creme. Could I be doing something wrong?
Also, I got a touch up on the 3rd of July and there is a lot of new growth already........could that be why?
HELP TIA

Could be, but I am not sure about that one. I touched up on June 12 and have about 1.5 inches stretched...maybe the fast growth is causing the increased shedding. :confused:

Cowgirl

Make sure you check the hairs for the little white bulb as mentioned previously to ensure it’s shedding. It could be breakage at the demarcation point, which would probably still be “long hairs”. If that’s the case you will have to manage the differences in the two textures with something, probably more moisture. :)

YummyC

Cowgirl said:
Make sure you check the hairs for the little white bulb as mentioned previously to ensure it’s shedding. It could be breakage at the demarcation point, which would probably still be “long hairs”. If that’s the case you will have to manage the differences in the two textures with something, probably more moisture. :)

I will double check, thanks

Aside from normal shedding as previously posted, hair also sheds from stress. When I started to shed more than expected, I used affirm 5 in 1 and it nipped it right in the bud.