Shedding!

sarel

Hey ladies (& gents, I suppose)! Okay, since I joined the board, I've been treating my hair w/ major TLC, and already I'm seeing great results. Buuuuut... I'm shedding! Since coming to LHCF, I'm obsessed w/ hair care, so I always examine the hairs I lose. My breakage is minimal, but I notice the majority of hair I lose is long w/ the follicle in tact. I don't lose a ton of hair at all (it's only about 10-15 strands when I comb in the shower). But in between washes when finger-combing, every time I touch my hair, I always have shedded strands on my fingers. So far, I don't buy the "losing 100 strands a day is healthy" theory, but if it's true, it's definitely less than 100.

I'm really new to taking care of my hair & I'm still figuring out what's normal for my hair. So, I'm probably overreacting :look: lol, but just in case, how much shedding is normal for you? Are there any ways to decrease shedding?

Thanks! :)

Oh and on an unrelated topic.. what the heck is "slip??" :lol: I know it's good to have, but Idk what it is!

Last edited:

BeatriceFly

i shed a lot too
most of my hairs that come out have the bulb on t
i think it is all normal
i read in class that people with dark brown hair shed like 70 hairs a day
and i think blondes shed more
but its probably normal girl
i wouldnt sweat it unless your missing a whole section or something