Shen Min or Ultra Nourishair

KAddy

Right now I am taking a multi-vitamin that is mainly because I don't eat like I should. However, I noticed my vitamin has a lot of things that most hair vitamins have.
Multi-vitamin ingredients:
SUPPLEMENT FACTS

Amount per serving

% Daily Value
Vitamin A (20% as beta carotene) 2500 IU 50%
Vitamin C 60 mg 100%
Vitamin D 400 IU 100%
Vitamin E 30 IU 100%
Thiamin (B1) 1.5 mg 100%
Riboflavin (B2) 1.7 mg 100%
Niacin 10 mg 50%
Vitamin B6 2 mg 100%
Folic Acid 400 mcg 100%
Vitamin B12 6 mcg 100%
Pantothenic Acid 5 mg 50%
Calcium (elemental) 450 mg 45%
Iron 18 mg 100%
Magnesium 50 mg 12%
Zinc 15 mg 100%

However, I am thinking of switching to just taking a hair vitamin, which leads to my question. Who takes Ultra Nourishair (GNC)and what have been your results? Here are the ingredients for that vitamin
Vitamin A (100% as beta-Carotene) 1000 IU 20%
Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 60 mg 100%
Vitamin E (as natural d-alpha Tocopheryl Succinate) 30 IU 100%
Vitamin B-1 (as Thiamin Mononitrate) 1.5 mg 100%
Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2) 1.7 mg 100%
Niacin (as Niacinamide) 20 mg 100%
Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) 4 mg 200%
Folic Acid 200 mcg 50%
Vitamin B-12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 6 mcg 100%
Biotin 1200 mcg 400%
Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium d-Pantothenate) 20 mg 200%
Iodine (as Potassium Iodide) 50 mcg 33%
Magnesium (as Magnesium Oxide) 40 mg 10%
Zinc (as Zinc Oxide) 30 mg 200%
Copper (as Copper Gluconate) 2 mg 100%
Boron (as Boron Citrate) 3 mg **
Silica (as Silicon Dioxide) 1 mg **
MSM (Methylsulfonyl-methane) 500 mg **
Natural Amino Acid Complex (as Lactalbumin) 500 mg **
L-Cysteine 200 mg **
L-Methionine 100 mg **
Choline (as Choline Bitartrate) 250 mcg **
Inositol 50 mcg **
** Daily Value (DV) not established.

Who has taken Shen Min Hair Nutrient for Women (sold at vitaminshoppe.com)? Ingredients:
Supplement Facts
Serving Size 2
Servings Per Container 60 Tablets
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Vitamin A 5000 IU 100%
Vitamin B-6 10 Mg 500%
Niacin 20 Mg 100%
Pantothenic Acid 200 Mg 2,000%
Biotin 1400 Mcg 467%
Shen Min 12:1 450 Mg N/A*
He Shou Wu Root Powder 870 Mg N/A*
Soy Isoflavones 20 Mg N/A*
Black Cohosh Root Standardized Extract 40 Mg N/A*
Horse Chestnut Extract 50 Mg N/A*
Hydrolyzed Collagen 250 Mg N/A*
Silica 100 Mg N/A*
Ginkgo Biloba Leaf 100 Mg N/A*
Uva Ursi Root Extract 50 Mg N/A*
Burdock Root 25 Mg N/A*
Cayenne Pepper 25 Mg N/A*
Bioperine 2 Mg N/A*

I think I am leaning more towards Shen Min, but wanted some feedback.

TIA for you response.

Ginsana

Re: Hair Vitamins Question

From my experience GNC Ultra Nourishair has given be great results! I think that this vitamin has all the basic stuff that not only your hair needs, but your nails and skin need as well. My nails got longer while taking it, my hair grew an extra 1/2 inch per month and my skin is great! I highly recommend Ultra Nourishair!!!

KAddy

Thanks for responding Ginsana.

My nails already grow like weeds and are very strong people are always asking me what I do. I'm like...nothing. I think the nail thing, for me, is just something that happens. I have always had long strong nails.

I do however, appreciate that it helps clear the skin too. I can definitely use an extra 1/2 inch per month, I mean, I don't even think I get an eigth of an inch growth per month.

luvSLave

I've also gotten good results with the Ultra Nourishair. I think it's the MSM because I've always taken a multi. My hair hasn't grown any faster, but my new growth is definitely more manageble - softer and less tightly coiled - making extending time between relaxers easier.

KAddy

I can certainly use the more manageable new growth. My stuff is tough and rough.

Thanks for responding luvSlave.

Country gal

I tried shen min but not long enough to really assess how well it worked.

KAddy

Maybe I will be the guinea pig for the impact of Shen Min.

Sbaker, I know you said you didn't take it long enough to asses how well it worked. How long did you take it?

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo

I take shen min and I like it. My mother took it during chemo and never lost a strand of hair. I take it because I liked the info I read on it. I have been taking it since May. According to my research you have to take it consistantly for 3 to 6 months to see results. I take the vitamin shoppe's brand of shen min.

KAddy

Thanks SimplyCee

The vitamin shoppe is where I planned to go to get the product. I too liked what I read about it. Since you have been using what results have you seen in your hair?

Wolftrap

I take Ultranourishair and have had great results. My only thing is with me if I take them consistently everyday for weeks the results start to slow down. I'm not sure why but it does. I have to stop taking them for like 2 or 3 weeks and then start them again. But each time it has good results.

carletta

I take the shen min and one thing I did notice-was my roots & newgrowth are alot thicker and stronger!

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo

My hair has always been thick so its hard to tell if my new growth is thicker because of shen min. What sold me on this was the effect it is supposed to have on premature greying.

I also took Elements for Hair made by the Vitamin Shoppe. I like that supplement but I hated that you had to take so many.

carletta

I've only been taking the shen min for about 2 months now. As far as growth I get a little more- not a lot to brag about. I had a really thin spot in the top of my head all my life and that has disapeared!

KAddy

Thanks again Carletta.

I think I am going to get Shen Min and also get biotin. I was taking the Vitamin shoppe brand which is 5 mg but stopped taing because I didn't think it was doing anything.

azul11

I think I may try that shen min. It has a lot of the supplements that are essential for hair growth and strength and this particular brand seems to have more of them than ultranourishair. I will look into this. God bless you all.