Shikakai! A great alternative to Henna/Cassia! PICS

silvergirl

thats good to know, id like to henna but i dont want to change my hair color either... off to check your fotki.

Candy_C

Mahalialee4 said:
I often use Shikakai and other Indian powders in my deep conditioners. You will remember this from some of my ancient former posts. bonjour.

you make me wanna go natural right this second!

you have the same natural hair type as me.....

hmmmmmm i may need your advice!!!

Mahalialee4

dynamic1 said:
I am a researcher by nature and I too purchased Shikaki when I completed my Henna research. Along with a few others - Brahmi, Maka, Tulsi, Amla, and neem.

(I am a proud PJ, but it's fun for me. ;) )

Warning: please sift your powders especially if your hair is kinky/coily. I took a major L during one experiment.

ETA: CMW your hair looks great. I love the density.
Dynamic1: Do you have pics posted anywhere in an album. I can tell your hair is gorgeous just from the thumbnail pics. I would love to view an album. What is your regime? I clicked on the thumbnail pics in your post and it said I needed a password. Could you pm me. Thank you very much. bonjour

Last edited:

Mahalialee4

Candy_C said:
you make me wanna go natural right this second!

you have the same natural hair type as me.....

hmmmmmm i may need your advice!!!

You have beautiful hair but I am willing to share! Anytime. bonjour

Aalize

Is there any other recommendable brand of shikakai other than Hesh? I hate the fact that this left particles in my hair.

Prosperity711

I bought the shikakai soap last weekend and I really like the way it made my hair feel, I think I will use that instead of the powder, or maybe I will use both.

cmw45

I bought the shikakai soap last weekend and I really like the way it made my hair feel, I think I will use that instead of the powder, or maybe I will use both.

Where did you get this from...I love Shikakai, but I hate the fact that it leaves the dust in my hair?