Short broken hairs...

prettygrl

Hi all. Been a long time since i posted..hoping someone can help. I consistently see shrt broken hairs on my sink and bathroom counter. I dont know how i can fix this i dont mousturize my ends.
I get my hair done once a week (deep condition) and wrap it. I use Mizani oil shyne and thats it.
Im wondering if the breakage is because I need more moisture or protein. Im hesitant to put anything heavy on my ends because i dont want it weighed down.
Any suggestions??

betty-boo

I'm sure someone will help, but I can tell when I need to do a protein treatment when my hair is mushy when wet. If it feels dry and brittle when it's dried it needs more moisture.
It's good to moisturise your ends and seal with an oil. You may have to experiment with a few moisturisers and oils first. As the ends are the oldest part of our hair, they need the most amount of care.
If your hair is shoulder length (looking at your avatar), you also have to be careful of the ends rubbing across your clothing as this causes a lot of breakage too. Hope you get this solved!

BB

chelleypie810

I'm going through the same thing girl. This weekend I'm going to do a light protein treatment, and see if that helps some.

Solitude

Elasta QP mango butter for your ends. I'm a person who frequently wears my hair down, and it doesn't seem to weigh my hair down that much (only use a little if you decide to try it). Even if it does weigh your hair down, if you're trying to grow your hair, moisture on your ends is too imporant to skip.

Try every other day....

Also, what conditioner is your stylist using to DC your hair? It might not be working for you....

nymane

You can use a light water based moisturizer and you don't have to use a lot...you only need a little. Umm if you don't use protein at all I'd start with a light/med protein followed by moisture, just to see how your hair responds.

Hair2Here

I agree with Solitude. You may want to stop breakage fast and take extreme measures. It may be time to add your personal tlc. I would suggest moisturizing 2x a day and bunning for a month or longer.

KrystalClear

I agree with Solitude. You may want to stop breakage fast and take extreme measures. It may be time to add your personal tlc. I would suggest moisturizing 2x a day and bunning for a month or longer.

Bunning is a good solution! It keeps those ends moisturized nicely!