SHORT-HAIR LADIES CHECK IN......

princessdi

I can't find a post of how we are all doing. If there is one, I'm sorry for posting again--please send me the link. If there isn't one, please check in and let us know how you're doing?

I'll start. I have been following my weekly regimen of alternating between a protein-based wash and a moisture-based wash since we first checked in and it seems to be working. I deep condition with each wash and have been baggying my ends. I air-dry my hair and bun everyday. My next touchup will be in July. Because I'm not very good at doing my touchups with so much new growth, my plan is to visit the salon when it's time to relax. Does anyone else have a stylist do their relaxers and you take care of the rest?

So far so good. As you can see by looking at my pictures, I have went from the top of my neck to almost the bottom. I'm happy with that. At least I'm beginning to see some progress.

My focus is to continue developing the length and to hopefully start thickening up my ends. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

How's everyone else doing?

tkj25

i just took out my yarn braids. i couldn't take it no more they were sittin' on top of at least an inch of new growth.:look: i'll probably redo them sometime this weekend.

my goal is to have 10 in. of hair by march '08. so i'm doing good so far. only 4 in. to go! taking down braids is much more of a monster then putting them in to me. i mean it's definitely a good hair growing style, but whoooo the detangling:lol: i had to go through two times to make sure i got out all the shed hair & build up ... but i've learned to take my time and not rush the process, otherwise i'll end up co-washing a head full of matted hairs -- definitely not cute.

i put in some twists. i took some pics and uploaded them to my yahoo:
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/tkj25/albums/ it's the one dated 2007-04-27.

i'm glad i've found a regime that works. my hair is soft and thick. thick i've always had, but my hair always used to be dry as the desert. conditioner washes, no heat, and botanical moisturising products saved me. my twists are definitely gettin' their wiggle on:)

jaded_faerie

Its going pretty great...I have not straightened it out of pure laziness to see how long--short---my hair really is...maybe i will do that tomm. I would like to have grown enough hair by August to get it styled for school ---so i wont have to depend on the weaves, wigs, braids, etc. etc.