short hair ladies, how are you making your buns???

I want to start wearing buns, but my hair is too short to make one, so how are you making your buns? also what other protective styles are you wearing? I always pin my hair back, but i need alternatives

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I am using the store brought donut bun. It is working very nicely and I have gotten a few complients on it. I attached it with bobbie pins and add a schunie to it.

WhipEffectz1

LadyR said:
I am using the store brought donut bun. It is working very nicely and I have gotten a few complients on it. I attached it with bobbie pins and add a schunie to it.

This is exactly what I do and sometimes I do the baggie. It works out fine.

mica

Ya know...I have the same question.

My daughter has short very curly hair and it cant fit into a bun(neatly, anyway) and I am tired of cornrows. I also would like to know what protective style I can use for her hair.

What are the 'naturals' using to hold their hair in a bun..scrunchies? The bands I use seem to pull out her hair.

benosayi

When my hair was too short for a bun. I use to wear a decorative scarf and a piece to the back. I cornroll my hair underneath. With in 3 months I had gotten enough growth to wear it with out the scarf.

CurliDiva

benosayi said:
When my hair was too short for a bun. I use to wear a decorative scarf and a piece to the back. I cornroll my hair underneath. With in 3 months I had gotten enough growth to wear it with out the scarf.[/QUOTE]

:D Your phony pony looks GREAT! I hate seeing women with attahced buns that don't match their hair (wrong color and textures) at all!