Short hairs all over the place

Ms_Twana

Okay ladies. I'm natural, and my hair is straight right now. When ever I put a comb through my head (which isn't very often thanks to Sylver's methods), there ends up being tons of little short hairs all over the floor and counter. Which let's me know my hair is BREAKING and not SHEDDING! :sad:

So, do I need protein or moisture?? I don't know if my hair is breaking because it's weak and I need protein. Or if it's breaking because it's dry and I need moisture.

Before I straightened this time, I pre-pooed with Aubreys GBP overnight. Then I washed and conditioned with a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. And I DCed under the dryer for 30 minutes with Elasta QP DPR-11.

So did I do something wrong?? What do I need to do when I wash this weekend? I already know not to use any direct heat. I planned to just do a rollerset or curlformers when I wash again.

ETA: Before this wash, I had gone maybe a month without washing my hair!! I know, I know. I used a clarifying shampoo first, but my hair didn't feel stripped like it normally does when I clarify. My hair actually still felt pretty greasy after the clarifying shampoo and moisturizing shampoo.

ETAA: I'm reading Supergirl's thread right now. I remembered some of the things that she said. I just didn't know where to begin.

Last edited:

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

if you have megatek, take a dime size amount and run it through the length of your hair, especially your ends, i did this and it helped immediately, i haven't seen broken ends since last sunday when i did it...hope this helps you, it definitely helped me.