Should Baggy Method = Wet Hair

Cholet112

So I moisturized with ORS Olive Oil and Sealed with KeraCare Essentials oils and I put the plastic cap on my hair & tied it down with a scarf. When I woke up this morning my hair was well moisturized but soaking WET!!!!!! I know my room was freezing because its still nice and warm down south so we still blasting our AC. Was the baggy method supposed to leave me with wet hair????? I have baggied only my ends before with great results. But this I wasnt expecting.

Tee

no, it should be wet. I baggie often now and my ends are never wet.
they are moist but never wet.

preciousjewel76

I baggied my whole head once, and yes, it was soggy by morning.:lachen: I won't be doing that again unless I'm pre-pooing!

If I just baggy my ends, though (in a ponytail w/baggy on the end), my ends don't come out soaking wet - just a little damp.

Cholet112

I put used the plastic cap on my entire head instead of the sandwhich bag on the ends (like I usually do). I dont know maybe the bag made me sweat under the scarf. All I know is my hair was soaking. It was crazy and unexpected!!!

MzOptimistic

Cholet112 said:
So I moisturized with ORS Olive Oil and Sealed with KeraCare Essentials oils and I put the plastic cap on my hair & tied it down with a scarf. When I woke up this morning my hair was well moisturized but soaking WET!!!!!! I know my room was freezing because its still nice and warm down south so we still blasting our AC. Was the baggy method supposed to leave me with wet hair????? I have baggied only my ends before with great results. But this I wasnt expecting.

When I use to baggy my whole head, yes my whole head would be soggy and wet so I stopped that and only baggied the entire length of my ponytail and it comes out wet and sometimes it comes out moisturized it depends what I used but I don't mind because I keep the baggie on everyday with a bun and it doesn't cause breakage for me...but if you are going out the next day, you shouldn't baggie your whole head:)

preciousjewel76

Cholet112 said:
I put used the plastic cap on my entire head instead of the sandwhich bag on the ends (like I usually do). I dont know maybe the bag made me sweat under the scarf. All I know is my hair was soaking. It was crazy and unexpected!!!

I think when most folks talk about the baggy method, they only mean baggying their ends. I mean, I can't imagine we're the only 2 who wound up with wet hair by baggying our whole heads!

Cholet112

preciousjewel76 said:
I think when most folks talk about the baggy method, they only mean baggying their ends. I mean, I can't imagine we're the only 2 who wound up with wet hair by baggying our whole heads!

I know right!!!!!!! Man, I just wish that people would speak up more about there experiences. It makes it seem like you are the only one doing something wrong:p

Cholet112

tsmith said:
When I use to baggy my whole head, yes my whole head would be soggy and wet so I stopped that and only baggied the entire length of my ponytail and it comes out wet and sometimes it comes out moisturized it depends what I used but I don't mind because I keep the baggie on everyday with a bun and it doesn't cause breakage for me...but if you are going out the next day, you shouldn't baggie your whole head:)

Yeah, I think Im just going to stick with bagging my ends ONLY!!!:grin:

Tee

preciousjewel76 said:

I only do my ends also. I have not done the full head baggie in a long time. When I did that my head was wet. I only do the ends now.

MzOptimistic

preciousjewel76 said:

No..No..you're not the only ones...some have/do baggie their whole head and they get good results..although I do not know how they style their hair afterwards but the majority of us just baggie the ends..When I first baggied I did my whole head but it came out soggy....so I killed that..(although it made my hair look like it was curly):lachen: but then I just stuck with bagging the ends:)

Curlee_lurker

LA face/low class booty
When I do baggy I sometimes do my whole head and it comes out wet depending on what I use. I actually prefer that. Then I go about my business and allow it to airdry and bun it.

As a matter of fact I suppose I should do that tonight.

MrsHouston

I think when you/ we do the baggie method it's our own body heat and moisture in the bag that's making it damp. Mine too are sometimes wet, but mostly just really soft.

e$h

Cholet112 said:
I know right!!!!!!! Man, I just wish that people would speak up more about there experiences. It makes it seem like you are the only one doing something wrong:p

Don't feel bad. I've made that same mistake twice:eek: . I did it the first time and didn't like it. I dunno why I even tempted to do it again. Maybe I thought it wouldn't happen again:lol: . Girl I don't know. But I will tell you one thing, I will not be doin it again, unless I'm pre-pooing.

Cholet112

MrsHouston said:
I think when you/ we do the baggie method it's our own body heat and moisture in the bag that's making it damp. Mine too are sometimes wet, but mostly just really soft.

I LOVED how moisturized it felt. But I cant take that soggy chance with the weather getting colder. Glad to know I wasnt the only one with wet head!:lol:

FunkyDiva

Yeah this happened to me before also. The mornings are always hectic for me so I can't be trying to blow dry my hair and stuff so I just do the ends.

cutiebe2

I baggy my whole head. I have a TWA right now so I can't baggy just the ends. My hair comes out damp but I don't mind that. It is bad for your hair to be damp/wet? Or are you talking about this in terms of hairstyle?

dannie

How ironic you posted this!! The same thing happened to me last nite.

Lately I’ve been moisturizing and applying the baggie to my ponytail only. But my hair had always been dry. I CW last nite, and applied the baggy to my wet ponytail. I woke up and my hair was still wet. Infact, I noticed a lil bit more breakage, I believe because my hair was over moisturized and soggy.

So from now on, I’m only bagging w/ dry hair.

Cholet112

dannie_19 said:
How ironic you posted this!! The same thing happened to me last nite.

Lately I’ve been moisturizing and applying the baggie to my ponytail only. But my hair had always been dry. I CW last nite, and applied the baggy to my wet ponytail. I woke up and my hair was still wet. Infact, I noticed a lil bit more breakage, I believe because my hair was over moisturized and soggy.

So from now on, I’m only bagging w/ dry hair.

I did read on one of the boards that you shouldnt baggy/moisturize/seal wet hair. Im not sure why. But that could very well be the reason.

LocksOfLuV

Cholet112 said:
I did read on one of the boards that you shouldnt baggy/moisturize/seal wet hair. Im not sure why. But that could very well be the reason.

IMO you shouldn't. Wet hair is more fragile and weak than dry hair. I also don't baggie my whole head because of the heat that comes from my pores (gets trapped in the baggy) plus I am a scalp sweater.:look:

I baggy my ends only. All you need in a cream moisturizer, and a oil to seal. Your hair shouldn't be wet in the morning.

EishBuhgeish

Day before yesterday- I baggied for the first time. I left my shower cap on after I came out the shower and put my bonnet on afteward and my hair was damp. I had greased my scalp and lightly applied leave in and jojoba oil to my strands right before I showered. I had rollerset my hair a cupple of days prior. I thought my curls were too tight and stiff so I thought this would help- while it did help my curls drop a bit, it made it incredibly poofy and hard to run my fingers though it.

::shrug::

I really thought it was a good idea....on the flip side, my hair is very much so moisturized. Unfortunately, I'll be washing it out 2 days early cause its starting to look wild...