should i get a weave or do the bun thing

should i get a weave or do the bun thing for maximum growth?

• Weave

Votes: 26 26.8%
  • Bun (w/ the sock)

Votes: 71 73.2%

• Total voters
I would go with the bun as opposed to weave. I'm actually going to bun this winter instead of get braids like I usually do. I figure that it will be easier for me to wash frequently, deep condition, henna, and all the other little things I've incorporated into my regimine.

I'd vote for the bun, but have you considered an instant weave/half wig? You can find them for about $20 (in BSS or online) and they have tons of styles you can try.

Since money is tight, I would go with a bun. But, if you can do the weave yourself or have someone do it for you at a reasonable price - I would go for the weave, because it's probably going to give you the most versatility. If you know how to cornrow your hair, then that's half the battle to doing the weave yourself. A weave done right and taking care of your hair underneath will not break your hair off.

WEAVE ALL DAY LONG

the bun thing would not only bore da hell outta me but i would still feel the need to play in my hair

plus the hair is still exposed

if you can't afford a sew in right now try a quick weave, there fashoniable and cheap

Oh girl Bun it..I have been bunning for a year and a few months...That was actually before I knew it was a healthy thing to do. My hair has been thriving from it..I went from shraggly ear mid neck length to shoulder length. Just from bunning (upon other things) but the fact remains that buns work. Sometimes Weaves do more harm than good..with your edges and whatnot..:)
Well goodluck on whatever you decide.

Btw, I a newbie here, but I have been on BHM for a long time. ;)

nikki86 said:
WEAVE ALL DAY LONG

the bun thing would not only bore da hell outta me but i would still feel the need to play in my hair

plus the hair is still exposed

if you can't afford a sew in right now try a quick weave, there fashoniable and cheap

ITA... Buns are good but they do get a little boring no matter what you do to it. When I wan't to do a style besides the bun thing I will braid my hair in cornrows and put on a hair fall/quick weave(it's cheap and protective)

I say alternate in between the two:grin:

I voted for the bun. There's always the possibility that the weave could break and damage your hair, the bun is great for the health of your hair. Plus, it's waaay cheaper... A win-win situation ;)

PrettyBrownEyes said:
I say go for a weave. Have you seen Reniece's fotki album? She grew her hair long and thick with a weave regimen.

I agree totally!!! Damage is caused often becaue the weave is to tight, and or not properly maintained. iknow many people whose ends are fine and have long hair. As long as your hair is strong enough(healthy) and not busted before you put it in you should be fine. I dont recommend it if you have very soft hair, damaged or unhelathy hair form the start. It is important to take care of you hair underneath and putting to many products on you hair or scalp to can cause matting. I wear my hair in weaves because for me it is best. I would cause more damage to my hair doing the bun I have a tank head . The weave keeps me from bothering my hair so much and causing damage. i only bun or phony pony when I'm giving my hair a break. Weaves are not for everyone especially if it is not put in properly. That's why I do my own sew ins.

I believe it's better to bun or use another protective style. Not wearing a weave allows you to properly wash, condition, moisturize, and oil your hair.

Chayil

Personally, I think braids, weaves, and other synthetic hair really does damage depending on your hair type and texture. Buns are less expensive and CUTE...especially for weddings! ;)

Back