Should I relax now and possibly have a disaster, or wait?

SimpleKomplexity

I'm ready to get a relaxer. I can't deal with my hair as well as I would like since it is so much new growth I'm working with. I don't have that much expertise yet. BUT I could use this time to baby my hair and get it really moisturized.

Should I wait to get my relaxer and just baby my hair until then by DCing every other day or should I just take the plunge and let my friend do my hair for me?

Last time she did my hair, it didn't come out as straight as I would like. It was texlaxed (underprocessed) I think because she didn't smooth it enough. But she does know what she is doing.

She told me she would, but she's acting like she doesn't have time or doesn't want to do it though, (When I had short n damaged hair EVERYONE wnated to do it. Now it's medium length I get this look :rolleyes:) so I'm thinking that maybe I should lay off on the relaxers until I get back to school and have someone who can do my hair definately right with less possiblity for a setback.

Then there is always the thought of self relaxing. I did it last time with Phyto, and it was still poofy in places, but it came out okay. I'm just scared I won't get all the newgrowth since I am 16 weeks post and it is a lot of new growth.

What do yall think is the best solution?

VioletWylde

If it's easier to wait, I would. If your friend is acting like she doesn't want to do it, don't let her. That's a recipe for disaster.

msa

I think you should wait and use your dcing every other day to practice self-relaxing. I wouldn't let that girl in my hair, that's for sure.

SimpleKomplexity

How about braids or cornrows?

I just got of braids and my hair cna't take all that. BUT I did do a rollerset yesterday and it came out fab. And it's a protective style to me becuase I rolled it super tight so it's neck length lol I'ma just hold of I guess. It's probably better for my hair anyway. School start August 12th. I'm leaving on the 5th.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
SK! Wait until You head back to school. Please, Definitely Get someone else to do it that is not looking at you like:rolleyes: and Keep Deep Conditioning.

Just think, in a few you will look your gorgeous self and it will be worth the wait.:yep:

SweetSpirit86

I think you should wait as well. Your topic name sounds like you already know the answer to your question. :) If my disaster ratio is high enough for me to acknowledge it, then it's not time, hehe. I also agree with Msa...don't let that girl near your hair.