Should I switch relaxers?

Aniyasmommy

I used to use the Organics Hair Mayonaise relaxer and the results were always so so ...nothing to write home about . I used that for a couple years than one day I was low on money and at a CVS and picked up a cheap Africa's Best perm and I loved it . I was like holy crap how can a cheap relaxer straighten my hair so well . I used that for a year or two than I started nothing the Olive Oil fad . Everyone and thier mama had an ORS perm so naturally I tried it. I havent been using it long..I think I maybe used it 3 or 4 times. Anyway the first time I tried it I loved it . My hair was soo soft and it actually felt healthier as if I just used a healthy perm .

I got a perm a few weeks ago and I didnt like the results. I felt like the ORS perm didnt take and I left it in way longer than the alloted time. Not even 5 days passed and I felt new growth and I know my hair doesnt grow that fast I just dont think the perm took very well . I dont know what to do now...I dont want to keep changing relaxers and I like the ORS but I just dont think it straightens very well or keep it straight as long as Africa's Best.

which ever makes you feel like this is what is best for my hair use it and I love the outcome. I'd bite the bullet personally and have a corrective done professionally even if you choose later to self relax. correctives are different then just a touch up or virgin application. :)

I think that if Africa's Best worked for you then that's what you should stick with. Stick to what your hair likes. Listen to what it tells you. I remember a few years ago I had been using Mizani and then I heard sooooo much about Affirm no-lye that I just HAD to use it. Guess what- my hair didn't like it. Everyone's hair is different. So I switched back to Mizani lye.

I'm having some issues with ORS lye as well. I will try one more touch up with it before i decide to move on. My hair is coarse and has a reputation for resisting relaxers...as a result i had to leave the ORS in my hair a bit longer and do a bit more smoothing. But the results are satisfactory. we'll see what happens next time...

If the other relaxer works better then stick to it.

Lye does not straiten my hair so I tried Silk Elements no lye. This is the best relaxer I've ever used. My hair is strait, but it is not lifelessly strait. It has body and sheen. This is without using extra products to boost that look. I will never use a different relaxer. It works that well.:yep: If you want to do a corrective, it is best to wait 3-4 weeks to keep your hair healthy. In the past, I would wait a week and do a corrective. My hair's health suffered. Thanks to past transition efforts, I have learned how to be more patient and gentle with my hair. Do a protein treatment and let your hair recover for a while. Your hair will thank you.

Back