Should I trim it???

shinyblackhair

Without my dry, bad (previously coloured) end, my hair would not be as long as it is (a little past shoulders at the back). I just don't know if I should cut away the colour part at the bottom and just leave the healthy hair OR wait till I get a little more length before getting the trim? My hair is very healthy otherwise...'cept for those nasty ends. Help? Any advice???

When my hair is "done" the ends don't look too bad, but it's not as soft, kinda dry and puffy looking yk? Anyway, I'm rambling...

Nadine

Jade21

Shinyblackhair (Nadine..like your name

So, do you jump in the ocean holding your nose or do you just carefully wade into it? Girl, from what you have written, I would just say take a small bit over a period.

It's funny when I saw your post because I remember this girl from Long Hair Lovers who posted just about the same. She was a redhead and her ends were purple. Her hair had improved greatly with deep conditionings (her hair was SO dry) and she wondered whether it was time to get rid of the purple ends. Most folks recommended just snip a bit at a time to get rid of them
She was so close to her goal length.

I am utterly pleased that you have been taking great care of your hair and that it is really healthy...just awesome

Much Love,

Jade

Lindy

I agree with Jade; I would just get regular trims and continue to deep condition. I HATE losing length!!

sweetcocoa

For me it would depend on how much of your ends are damaged...
If it's only 2 inches I'd chop it off. Your hair will look and feel better. If it's more...I'd take off a little at a time like the others suggested. I chopped off 4 inches and it was back for me in no time. I had 6 inches in total cut off. The last 2 inches I trimmed a 1/2 inch at a time over 4 months.

C

Cami

I agree with Sweetcocoa, it depends on how damaged your ends are. I cut 4 inches off my hair last year because I was sick of having layers and the dye was damaging and it grew back (check my pics out.) I would say to just go ahead and trim the damaged part off, what sense is it holding on to it? I understant that you want to grow your hair out but if you think about it, shabby hair on the ends looks unnattractive. I'm not sure how your's look so I can't determine that, but don't be discouraged to cut whatever you have to cut off. YOU CAN MAKE IT! Your hair will grow back if you take care of it-it may actually grow back faster!

Lucia

I think you should just trimm a little bit off on a schedule, and condition x4. You might want to try a semi-permanent closer to your real haircolor to even things out and give the ends some shine. I reccomend Sebastien colorshines, or if you prefer natural, henna or hennalucent.
hth

gvsugirl

omg i am going thru this same dilemma right now. I have color (3 layers of color-highlights and 2 permentant dyes
) from like 2 years ago on the very tips and my hair looks good till u get to that part....i need to trim it all... but i dont wanna!!! *throws tantrum*