Shoulder Length 2012 Challenge

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Who is the longest serving member on this hair challenge? I think I might be. I've been on a SL challenge for 3 years and I'm only just collar bone. I wasted 9 months with texlaxed hair, but now I'm fully natural. I am convinced it will take me 3 years to get to full shoulder length.
Anyway else feel the same?

I think I was stuck at NL/SL for a while before becoming natural. I am now on this HHJ and it does seem like I'm one of the slow growers :(

Aggie

Who is the longest serving member on this hair challenge? I think I might be. I've been on a SL challenge for 3 years and I'm only just collar bone. I wasted 9 months with texlaxed hair, but now I'm fully natural. I am convinced it will take me 3 years to get to full shoulder length.
Anyway else feel the same?

I'm still texlaxed and my hair is finally growing thick and magnificently since I found a stylist that knows how to trim it properly. I am no longer collar bone length...in fact my longest layers are already touching shoulder length and my other layers are quickly following suit. I wish you the best in getting to shoulder length soon YaaAsantewaa.

I found that when I did too much to my hair, it wasn't growing healthily......it was always breaking and filled with single strand knots all over the place but that was due in part to a couple of stylists that simply did not know how to trim my hair properly. I do very little to my hair now and I find that it is growing much much better than in the last 2.5 years.

apemay1969

I've been going for SL since 2007 when I joined lhcf. Can't get past collar either. I realized that I HAVE to trim and stay moisturized and proteined. I take MSM once or twice a week and use MTG. I wash and go, twist-outs but mostly wigs. I'm getting there even after a major mishap a couple months ago. I believe I might make it by the skin of my teeth. I won't flatiron and check till after Christmas.

claudzie

Strolling with Unicorns
so ladies, I didn't quite make Shoulder length in 2012 but i'm still happy because my hair is healthier. I've only got a little more to go so i give it another 6 months :)
Before and after pics attached

Attachments

• h1.jpg
    h1.jpg
    496.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 20121220_224350 (1).jpg
    20121220_224350 (1).jpg
    312 KB · Views: 20
  • 20121220_225116.jpg
    20121220_225116.jpg
    469.7 KB · Views: 26