show me your satin scarf

lwilliams1922

I purchased a silk scarf, well at least it says silk. :ohwell:
It has extra long ends. You put it on the front of your head going back. Then ends cross in the back and go back to the front/top.

This design has been the best so far for keeping the name area laying down.

Now here is the issue. I would like real satin but I cant find any.

Then I remember my mom is a seamstress. She can sew anything she sees. sooooo... Now I just need to find a photo or website with a scarf that I want her to make.

She lives 4 hrs away so instead of sending her the fake satin It would be easier to have her see one.

Can anyone tell me where to find a link of such a scarf or a good scarf design?

thanks!!

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
I thought about T.I. "Swing Ya Rag" when I saw this title..sings..."Alright,Okay,I dont dance, no way, I just take my SATIN SCARF out and wave it 'round everywhere...":dance7::rocker:

Tamrin

unapologetic
I only use silk.. Satin never stays for me. Silk gives me a smooth finish when laying down the edges.

LadyPaniolo

Aren't you the lucky one to have a seamstress in the family! A woman who sews has fingers of gold, I always say.

I jus wear the granny-style satin sleep bonnets with an elastic band and a white ruffle! The one I'm wearing as I type this is leopard print with white ruffles, lol, don't judge! The online BSS doesn't let you pick what color or style it is!

StarFish106

Somoeone on here had mentioned Habotai silk for their scarf so I went to ebay and a vendor was selling a end of the bolt piece. It was pretty large so I bought that and cut it into 2 large squares and one long piece. I use the one long piece around my neck and shoulders so my hair doesn't rub against them. I could never find a satin scarf long enough so I just cut my own.

Try ebay and see if you can find the silk/satin.. Mine is black which is fine and I hand wash it weekly. Works fine.

HTH