Shower filters

mssoconfused

I just ordered my first shower filter and I wonder if anyone here has noticed better hair results with a filter....

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
Since I have hard water and started using a water filter my hair has been able to retain more moisture, my hair is more managable and my skin isnt so dry and itchy.

I clarified with my first use of my water filter. Also, any shampoo and conditioner that you still have around that you didnt think worked at first please try again after installing the water filter. They may work differently now.

Bublin

I agree with SouthernStunner. I had one fitted about 2 weeks ago and my hair is now softer at the end of my wash routine.

silenttullip

I have tried sprite and aquasana I like aquasana sprite did nothing
without it my sensitive skin would crack and become inflamed
literally... My hair would shed so badly in the shower and water was so hard my natural soap that should lather a little would not. Now my soaps lather, skin is smoother, curls pop, hair rarely sheds

Ashawn Arraine

I have tried sprite and aquasana I like aquasana sprite did nothing
without it my sensitive skin would crack and become inflamed
literally... My hair would shed so badly in the shower and water was so hard my natural soap that should lather a little would not. Now my soaps lather, skin is smoother, curls pop, hair rarely sheds

Silenttullip, aren't you in houston? May I ask where you bought the aquasana and how much it cost?

TIA

silenttullip

Yes I'm in Houston, I do the water4life choice on aquasana.com
here's a coupon code dyna 20% off the price I think the first time it was 37.00
I tried to c if they sold them in stores and couldn't find them.

Silenttullip, aren't you in houston? May I ask where you bought the aquasana and how much it cost?

TIA

Last edited:

Kimiche

I used to try product after product thinking that my hair hated the ingredients. My hair would feel very dry and it would break. The real problem was actually the fact that we have hard water/calcium build and the build up was blocking anything I put in my hair from working.

A fellow member on the board @tashboog gave me some good advice and told me to try a shower filter. I purchased one and a few months later my hair really does feel nice and moisturized.
I am happy and would recommend a filter to anyone going through what I went through.

Last edited:

Curlykale

I bought the Aquasana and my hair started to not respond well to products. Some parts of my body were itchy and burning at the end of every shower. I don't understand why. I used it for 4 months, then I took it off. If you liked any brand in the US or Europe (I'm in Europe) please let me know, thanks!

southerncitygirl

been using one for years and not for my hair. there are tons of toxins in drinking water and i have a filter for the kitchen sink and my bathtub time as well. my skin is less dry and itchy. i've been using it for so long my hair seems like its always been this soft,lol. that and the fact i use no or low sulfate poos.

Last edited:

jamaica68

I bought the Sprite Universal shower filter today, can't wait to see if there's a noticeable difference this weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using LHCF

caribeandiva

Human being
I bought the Sprite Universal shower filter today, can't wait to see if there's a noticeable difference this weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using LHCF

I bought the same one today too. I'm excited! I googled it and it turns out that Florida has either hard or extremely hard water. Who knew? I pray this filter cures my dry scalp, skin and hair.

hillytmj

Great info ladies. Do you have to put these on the actual shower heads, or are there any filters that work on the tub faucet? I normally wash my hair in the tub because of the stronger water pressure.

Or do the shower filters give good water pressure too?

Jobwright

I live in NC and bought a Srpite filter for the shower. I could immediately tell a difference. I have really dry skin as does my son. I put one on my shower and his. Much better moisturized skin and no ashiness!!!!!! As for my hair... Much more moisturized hair for me and DD. My DH ever could tell a difference in his skin as well and he is the extra pessimist when it comes to spending money. The filter was really cheap too. DH said he would know if it was working by the shower head...if it had any red or pink residue on it. None so far and it has been at least a month now.

Phoenix14

Do any of you ladies live in an apartment ? If so, how were you able to connect it to the shower head? Does it void your lease?

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I'm about to get one. I always thought my water was decent, but today I shampooed twice with a shampoo bar and had a waxy feeling after rinsing the second application.