*Sigh*...It Feels Like It's Taking Forever...

Nice & Wavy

...for me to get to my goal of mid-back length. I know that my hair is growing, but it seems like its just taking a longgggggggg time and I'm getting antsy....I'll be natural 2 years this August.

Anybody else feel the same way?

I need some "growth" support.....:yep:

Thanks in advance!

wheezy807

Yeah, i feel your pain. It seems like this with me and BSL. Like you said, we know it's growing. Just hang in there and try to concentrate on something else.

Nice & Wavy

Yeah, i feel your pain. It seems like this with me and BSL. Like you said, we know it's growing. Just hang in there and try to concentrate on something else.

Thanks, wheezy. It's sooooooooo hard though. I dunno...maybe because *auntflo* is here and I'm feeling kinda emotional (those darn hormones:lachen:).

dlewis

You'll get there. And when you do your hair is gonna be soooo healthy, curly and beautiful.:yep:

I feel you though. I use to feel like it was taking forever but now I don't worry about it for the most part I know it's growing.:yep:

jemscizir

I feel the same way, as well. My one year anniversary is comming up and my hair feels like it hardly grew. It makes me want to go back to relaxing, but I'm trying to hold out...

Nice & Wavy

You'll get there. And when you do your hair is gonna be soooo healthy, curly and beautiful.:yep:

I feel you though. I use to feel like it was taking forever but now I don't worry about it for the most part I know it's growing.:yep:

Oh, D....thank you for coming in and posting. I appreciate your support...I need it right now:yep:

Thank you, thank you!

Nice & Wavy

I feel the same way, as well. My one year anniversary is comming up and my hair feels like it hardly grew. It makes me want to go back to relaxing, but I'm trying to hold out...

Hi jemscizir,:wave:

I see you are a NY'r! So am I. I'm on LI.

Thank you for responding. Girl, it's hard today more than yesterday...I don't know why...:look:

But, I feel ya. I do think that you probably have more growth than you think. Hold out...you will see the difference after the one year mark. My hair did grow alot after the 1st year and its still growing, I just thought I'd be closer than I am at this time...but, I guess I need some more patience.

**WonderWoman**

Just had to come out of my lurk mode to give u :bighug:

I completely feel you, girl. I was just thinking that my hair is taking its precious time. I don't know what to tell you other than try HARD not to obsess over your hair. I get all my best growth spurts when I drink loads of water, take my vits & work out.

Just do all the right things to keep your hair healthy, keep ur hands outta your hair and you'll be WOWing in no time. :blowkiss:

dlewis

Lets focus on the positive

Your hair is
curly
black
it has length
you can wear it straight
it healthy
you can wear all kinds of updos
I don't think you have to put alot of effort into it to make it look great, it just looks great on it own
other people have to find the right products for their hair to look like yours

Nice & Wavy

Just had to come out of my lurk mode to give u :bighug:

I completely feel you, girl. I was just thinking that my hair is taking its precious time. I don't know what to tell you other than try HARD not to obsess over your hair. I get all my best growth spurts when I drink loads of water, take my vits & work out.

Just do all the right things to keep your hair healthy, keep ur hands outta your hair and you'll be WOWing in no time. :blowkiss:

You know what? There are people and then there are SISTA'S...and you are a SISTA! Thank you for the love and taking time out of your "lurkmode" to come and give me a hug and encouragement. :kiss:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I feel you! I just stretched for 3 months and only had a half inch of newgrowth :ohwell: Since my hair was about 2 cm from APL before, I just KNEW I'd be APL with this relaxer. Nope. Still at the EXACT same spot :perplexed

**sigh**

We'll get there, it may seem like forever, but we'll get there :yep:

Nice & Wavy

Lets focus on the positive

Your hair is
curly
black
it has length
you can wear it straight
it healthy
you can wear all kinds of updos
I don't think you have to put alot of effort into it to make it look great, it just looks great on it own
other people have to find the right products for their hair to look like yours

:kiss:...thanks, D. I thank you for reminding me that I even have hair on my head.

Thank you for being an encourager and a SISTA! You are a blessing to me....Luv ya!
:grouphug:

Nice & Wavy

I know how you feel and I just big chopped - sigh !!!

Awww...thanks, cutenappygrl. I love your screename too and I really like your siggy picture. I wasn't even like you when I did the BC...I did not take any pics. I admire you and I look forward to seeing your hair grow long and strong:yep:

Nice & Wavy

I feel you! I just stretched for 3 months and only had a half inch of newgrowth :ohwell: Since my hair was about 2 cm from APL before, I just KNEW I'd be APL with this relaxer. Nope. Still at the EXACT same spot :perplexed

**sigh**

We'll get there, it may seem like forever, but we'll get there :yep:

Hi Sis,

How's that precious baby that growing inside of ya?

Thank you for your encouragement, girl. I believe it too...I just think that every now and again, we look and sigh....because I know I want the length NOW....:lachen:, I know...I'm greedy...:lachen:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Hi Sis,

How's that precious baby that growing inside of ya?

Thank you for your encouragement, girl. I believe it too...I just think that every now and again, we look and sigh....because I know I want the length NOW....:lachen:, I know...I'm greedy...:lachen:

LOL! I know! I wanna just wake up tomorrow and be MBL! :lachen: I'm soooo impatient!

But we have to remember where we're coming from and be appreciative of what we have. I seem to forget that my hair has grown more in the past year than it has in my whole life. Our hair IS growing, and by the ''real world'' standards, it's growing pretty dang fast. Us LHCF'ers just have over the top expectations :rofl:

This boy is doing fine, he'll be here any day and he's driving me insane! Can't sleep, always peeing, getting kicked in the hoo-ha, you know the deal :lol:

AsTheCurlzTurns

I'm with cutenappygrl on this one! I did the same and I wished I had never put this texturizer on, better yet, I wished I'd found LHCF sooner and I would have already been completely natural now. So I do understand about the "taking forever" thing. Put it like this, you're an inspiration to alot of people. Those of us who've BC'd looks up to all of you ladies with that oh-so-beautiful hair and N&W, you're definitely one of those inspirations, so continue to embrace yourself among us who admire you and your diligence to get to the point you're at now. No matter how long it takes, you will surely get there, god willing. Stay blessed!

Nice & Wavy

LOL! I know! I wanna just wake up tomorrow and be MBL! :lachen: I'm soooo impatient!

But we have to remember where we're coming from and be appreciative of what we have. I seem to forget that my hair has grown more in the past year than it has in my whole life. Our hair IS growing, and by the ''real world'' standards, it's growing pretty dang fast. Us LHCF'ers just have over the top expectations :rofl:

This boy is doing fine, he'll be here any day and he's driving me insane! Can't sleep, always peeing, getting kicked in the hoo-ha, you know the deal :lol:

You are so right, sis...thank you.

Now, that was funny....I know you can't wait for him to arrive...awww!

Nice & Wavy

I'm with cutenappygrl on this one! I did the same and I wished I had never put this texturizer on, better yet, I wished I'd found LHCF sooner and I would have already been completely natural now. So I do understand about the "taking forever" thing. Put it like this, you're an inspiration to alot of people. Those of us who've BC'd looks up to all of you ladies with that oh-so-beautiful hair and N&W, you're definitely one of those inspirations, so continue to embrace yourself among us who admire you and your diligence to get to the point you're at now. No matter how long it takes, you will surely get there, god willing. Stay blessed!

Thank you sooooo much, asthecurlzturns. You are truly a SISTA and I appreciate your kind words to me. Thanks too for the encouragement....I do feel better now that you all have made me realize where I truly am on this journey.

Blessings, always!