*sigh* Nape help

Rei

So here's the deal ladies. My nape is currently sort of non-existant. I'm tempted to just shave the back and start over! (actually thats what I may do). I am transitioning, about 1 year in, and most of the relaxed hair that I have has broken or been cut off, so I know its not relaxer damage. I've been wearing wigs mostly, since my hair is too short do do most of the styles that I see on here (especially with shrinkage) and I can't seem to figure out how to get my braidouts to have definition (they come out like a hot mess and leave my hair tangled and dry :nono:). The only problem is that I think that the wigs have been rubbing at the base of my scalp and taking out my nape! I usually wear a satin cap at night and I noticed as well that the cap often rides up at night to rub against the same area. So I guess my dilemna is, if I don't wear a satin cap at night, my nape prospers but the rest of my hair becomes dry (even with a satin pillowcase), and if I don't wear wigs, I don't really have a style for my hair and I end up looking like a HAM.

I'm unsure what to do about it. I know my nape is a different texture from my hair because its really soft to the touch (unlike the rest, lol), and should I be using different products than the rest of my hair on it? This is frustrating me:wallbash: Maybe I should just shave the back and pay attention to the rest of my hair instead:rolleyes: Any ideas on how I can save my nape? (from the razor >: c)

SEMO

You definitely might have to add more moisture to that part of your hair and maybe use heavier oils (ex. castor oil) to seal in the moisture in that part of your hair, so it doesn't break off.

Don't give up on the satin scarf just yet. Do you tie your scarf in the back? Maybe you should switch it up and tie your scarf with the knot in the front, so it doesn't rub up against the nape. You could also try a satin bonnet over your scarf (so even if the scarf does ride up, the bonnet will be there to protect your nape).

Good luck to you also on your transition. :)