Silica

julzinha

Hey Ladies,

I've been thinking of adding Silica to my vitamin regimen. But I'm not sure what kind of silica to take or where to get it from? Or if it even works?

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
IDareT'sHair

What benefits do you see? I've taken bamboo silica on and off for awhile for my nails but I don't notice anything else or maybe I haven't been paying attention.

I started back again almost 4 weeks ago.

Adelta89

Ready for the next vacation
I've used both Swanson and Bamboo leaf tea products. I didn't see as many benefits with Swanson as I did with the tea and supplements from the Bamboo site but I didn't use Swanson as long. I love the results for skin the most and stronger hair so more retention. I wouldn't say my growth rate really increased very much. But the tea is a staple for me. I do the supplements occasionally. I just don't like doing too much of anything.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
What benefits do you see? I've taken bamboo silica on and off for awhile for my nails but I don't notice anything else or maybe I haven't been paying attention.

I started back again almost 4 weeks ago.

@shawnyblazes

I noticed stronger nails and hair. Clearer skin.

I switched over to Biotin (10,000 mcg) a while back to take with Phyto's Phytophanere.

The Phytophanere suggest that you take them for 4 months and then off x1 month.

During the x1 month Hiatus, I purchased Swanson's Silicia Caps to take during this time.

I'll go back to Biotin after 30 days.

When I used the Liquid Silica I used this. Tastes like Distilled Water.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...=1KCINzTgQ8d5scBRrUe92w&bvm=bv.88528373,d.eXY

abcd09

Every time I take silica I get very constipated and bloated. I can't "go" and it hurts badly. I have the Swanson bamboo extract.

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
DE - diatomaceous earth (mostly silica) or cola de caballo, "horsetail," you can get at a botanica really cheaply. I think there's a liquid one at GNC.

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
Just popping in to say I go through stretches of being a habitual bamboo tea drinker, and occasionally undertaking DE challenges. I’ve had a time staying consistent but it’s not because I don’t see results. After 25-35 days, I feel & see a noticeable difference in the hair <1 inch from my scalp and the rest of my hair. Noticeably thicker, stronger, and shinier nails and hair.
I've not been able to keep up the momentum for more than a few months at a time consistently, but I still reap benefits even from my sporadic consumption.