Silk Amino Acids...how are you using it and how is it working?

sareca

tnorenberg said:
Does adding the SAA aid in slip or with detangling properties?

A little bit. My hair feels smoother, but I still have to detangle it under running water. :ohwell:

deejoy

I use it. It comes in a hair spray I have. It's supposed to detangle and smooth the hair and can be used on wet or dry hair. I love it. Found it at Walgreens.

AKA-Tude

VWVixxen said:
I'm liking this recipe!!! :yep: Where were you able to find the Nettle and Rosemary Extracts? I've seen the essential oils but those aren't the same are they?

TiA!

I don't think they are the same & I'm not sure of the concentrations of each, but I didn't want an 'oily' spray as a leave-in, hence the extracts.

Beleive it or not, I order from ebay (it's just easier for delivery over here).

honeybadgirl

i wanted to try this a while back too but of course, it was sold out at fnwl:cool:
but like someone else asked, is this or would this be too harsh on natural hair?

Healthb4Length

I got some SAA (silk Amino Acid) from lotioncrafters awhile back. I didn't know exactly how to use it so I added it along with some castor oil to my cheapie conditioners to use it up. I really loved the results, it made my hair so soft and defined my curls. This stuff is a keeper, I'm not into mixing stuff up but this stuff is worth a try for anyone who is curious.

LaNecia

AKA-Tude said:
I don't think they are the same & I'm not sure of the concentrations of each, but I didn't want an 'oily' spray as a leave-in, hence the extracts.

Beleive it or not, I order from ebay (it's just easier for delivery over here).

Thanks for the feedback...I'll have to check into then!

Oh, and I surely did add the SAA to my Mascara!! :lol:

preciousjewel76

honeybadgirl said:
is that for dogs?

I don't see why humans couldn't use it, though:). It's just a product designed for the hair (or in the case of dogs, fur). Dogs wanna look good too!:lol: Hey, folks here use MTG and Mane N Tail, which were "designed" for use on horses.

sareca

Serenity_Peace said:
Thanks so much, sweetheart. And your hair looks fantastic. The henna is giving it much health and BLING!

Thanks :blush: I was planning to stay in braids all year, but I'm quiting in August I miss my henna'd hair too much. :)

Serenity_Peace said:
So I finally bought the SAA this evening. I can't wait to receive the order...;)

Welcome. I hope you love it.

sareca

VWVixxen said:
Thanks for the feedback...I'll have to check into then!

Oh, and I surely did add the SAA to my Mascara!! :lol:

I have a feeling you're going to :love: it.

I took this pic for you Vixx.
These are the longest lashes I've ever had. That's one coat of MK mascara I put on about 6 hours earlier.

This is from Feb (when I first started)

Last edited:

MoMo

sareca said:

These are the longest lashes I've ever had. That's one coat of MK mascara I put on about 6 hours earlier.

Oh yeah!!! There is definitely visible growth! I'm gonna do this as soon as I get home. Thanks for sharing Sareca :)

Cayenne0622

DARN! I can't see the pics from work. They have something blocked on my our pc's. Sareca - I'll have to check those lashes out when I get home.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I got mine in the mail today and I'm so excited. I immediately added a couple of drops to my mascara. It's on, baby! ;)

Dare~to~Dream

I received mine in the mail today and I only bought it because of the longer eyelash mention (I won't be adding it to any mascara though). For some reason, I didn't think the smell would turn me off but it does :perplexed--the smell isn't pleasant at all. :nono:

AKA-Tude

Lanelle said:
I received mine in the mail today and I only bought it because of the longer eyelash mention (I won't be adding it to any mascara though). For some reason, I didn't think the smell would turn me off but it does :perplexed--the smell isn't pleasant at all. :nono:

This is true!!!

Since I made the keratin/SAA mix, it smells better.

AKA-Tude

sareca said:

Gurl,

the EYELASHES are NO JOKE!!!!

I LOVE IT!!!

Gonna add SAA to the mascara NOW!!!

tnorenberg

I got mine today. I think I'll add it to my leave-in first. Then I'll start experimenting w/ my conditioners and DC treatments. Wish me luck. I think someone may have already asked this,but, can your hair actually get too much protein this way or would the SAA be considered a "Light" protein?

AKA-Tude

tnorenberg said:
I got mine today. I think I'll add it to my leave-in first. Then I'll start experimenting w/ my conditioners and DC treatments. Wish me luck. I think someone may have already asked this,but, can your hair actually get too much protein this way or would the SAA be considered a "Light" protein?

You know, I'm not sure about this answer.
All I know is that when I apply it to my hair (b4 a relaxer & after shampoos), it helps my hair get a bit stronger, but not as strong as an actual protein condish.

HTH

dstdiva said:
i have a crazy question: would you be able to apply SAA to your scalp to protect it during a relaxer?

I aaply the SAA w/a spray bottle- spraying on the NG, but I'm sure it gets on the scalp. Does it help? I'm not sure bcuz I base my scalp w/EVOO b4 relaxing too.

HTH

honeybadgirl

preciousjewel76 said:
I don't see why humans couldn't use it, though:). It's just a product designed for the hair (or in the case of dogs, fur). Dogs wanna look good too!:lol: Hey, folks here use MTG and Mane N Tail, which were "designed" for use on horses.

:lachen: thats cute and funny...oh and true:grin:

sareca

My lashes are still growing. I had to move my shades to a lower position on my nose because my lashes kept hitting the inside of the lens. :ohwell: :D

I know some of ya'll tried the SAA thing too. Where ya'll at?

AKA-Tude

sareca said:
My lashes are still growing. I had to move my shades to a lower position on my nose because my lashes kept hitting the inside of the lens. :ohwell: :D

I know some of ya'll tried the SAA thing too. Where ya'll at?

I knew there was something else I was supposed to be doing w/ SAA-mascara!!!

I'm on it!!!