Silk Amino Acids...how are you using it and how is it working?

Cocotte

I'm still not sure whether to get it from lotioncrafter I don't see Walgreens selling the chi silk infusium so I'm still searching. I wanna get this so bad before my next touch up:ohwell:

AKA-Tude

sareca said:
don't make me take more pics.

Gurrl,

I'm ALWAYS down for viewing pix!

Post 'em!:D

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I really love SAA. I've added it to my mascara (thanks so much, Sareca! :kiss:). I've always battled with short, thin eyelashes and the SAA really brings them out nicely and makes them appear full...not clumpy...;)

newflowers

I am very interested in this lash idea. To what kind of mascara do you add the SAA? Do you just add it with a dropper? I do not normally wear colored mascara because my eyelashes are curly all over the place, but I do have a clear coat - do you think that would work? What do you think of buying the mascara wand and bottle and adding a blend of SAA and...? Like could I make my own?

sareca

whitneysimone said:
i have a quick question...does chi silk infusion count as silk amino acids?

Chi Silk Infusion has silk amino acids.

Cyclomethicone Dinethiconol, Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, D&C Yellow 11, D&C Red 17, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Boron Nitride Powder.

I like my silk pure then you can add as little or as much as you want. Oz per oz they're about the same cost. Except SAA (from lotioncrafters.com) has bunch of other uses. Just IMO.

AKA-Tude

gorgeoushair said:
What size are ya'll getting? What else do ya'll order from this site?

I always get the large size.

I have purchased the hydrolyzed wheat protein, aloe vera gel, Guar-cat (a form of keratin), and glycerine.

Cocotte

sareca said:
Chi Silk Infusion has silk amino acids.

Cyclomethicone Dinethiconol, Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, D&C Yellow 11, D&C Red 17, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Boron Nitride Powder.

I like my silk pure then you can add as little or as much as you want. Oz per oz they're about the same cost. Except SAA (from lotioncrafters.com) has bunch of other uses. Just IMO.

So it's better if I get it from Lotioncrafter you think? SAA is more pure am I getting this right?:ohwell:

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
newflowers said:
I am very interested in this lash idea. To what kind of mascara do you add the SAA? Do you just add it with a dropper? I do not normally wear colored mascara because my eyelashes are curly all over the place, but I do have a clear coat - do you think that would work? What do you think of buying the mascara wand and bottle and adding a blend of SAA and...? Like could I make my own?

The Mascara I use is called "Lift-A-Lash" by Maybelline. It's in the pretty flourescent green tube. I think I just bought it because I liked the green color.:lachen:

sareca

Cocotte said:
So it's better if I get it from Lotioncrafter you think? SAA is more pure am I getting this right?:ohwell:

The SAA from lotioncrafter is just silk. The ingredient list is 'INCI: Silk Amino Acids' and nothing more. If you're buying CHI just to get the silk, I say just buy the silk.

That's my vote, but I've never used CHI and my hair hates cones so I'm biased. :)

sareca

AKA-Tude said:
I always get the large size.

I have purchased the hydrolyzed wheat protein, aloe vera gel, Guar-cat (a form of keratin), and glycerine.

Guar-cat? wooo, off to check it out. I need some new jars anyway.

Zawaj

Zawaj said:
**puts down smoking debit card**

I just ordered some SAA for my mother and I :D !

Whoa! I just got my package from lotioncrafters today! Talk about quick turn around. I am looking forward to using my SAA on my Mom tonight :grin:!

AKA-Tude

sareca said:
Guar-cat? wooo, off to check it out. I need some new jars anyway.

Yeah, I'm still learning how to use it in combo w/ my SAA mix.

I think I sprinkled in too much last time! It turned into a semi-solid!!!:eek: :confused:

:brainy: :bookworm:

Back to the lab!

Zawaj

:lol: AKA-Tude:

Is it wrong that I've already mixed the SAA into my rinse out condish, mascara, leave in condish, poured some in a spritz bottle, spritzed up both myself and my momi, and read all the threads on SAA I could find? :lachen: I know I'm doing alot right now.

natieya

Ditto! I got my order quickly, too! Oooh, I can't wait to play scientist...heehee.:D

Zawaj said:
Whoa! I just got my package from lotioncrafters today! Talk about quick turn around. I am looking forward to using my SAA on my Mom tonight :grin:!

AKA-Tude

Zawaj said:
:lol: AKA-Tude:

Is it wrong that I've already mixed the SAA into my rinse out condish, mascara, leave in condish, poured some in a spritz bottle, spritzed up both myself and my momi, and read all the threads on SAA I could find? :lachen: I know I'm doing alot right now.

Gurrl,

I would/ have added it to EVERYTHING!!!!!

Go for it!!!! It ain't gon hurt!!!:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

sareca

AKA-Tude said:
Gurrl,

I would/ have added it to EVERYTHING!!!!!

Go for it!!!! It ain't gon hurt!!!:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Same here! Everytime I find a product in my bathroom that doesn't have some form of silk... I tell it awww pour baby, here you go... mama didn't forget you.

AKA-Tude

sareca said:
Same here! Everytime I find a product in my bathroom that doesn't have some form of silk... I tell it awww pour baby, here you go... mama didn't forget you.

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Zawaj

sareca said:

:lachen: That's exactly what I was doing last night! :D

soulfusion

I.Am.In.Awe. You ladies nailed this one.

I'm 10 weeks post-relaxer and normally all I can do with my hair at this point is braid out/bun/braid out/bun (get it?). However, I just washed and I added some silk amino acids from lotioncrafters to my lacio lacio and to my NTM. My tangles seemed to just MELT! I'm now sitting under the dryer with a rollerset, something that I NEVER do at 10 weeks post.

I'm in :love:!