Silk Amino Acids...how are you using it and how is it working?

Averoigne

I LOVE Silk Amino Acids. I have been faithfully using products that contain them, like Elasta QP Intense. I will definitely be purchasing a bottle to add to my products; the difference that they make in my hair is unrefutable.

I think I will try adding SAA to my facial moisturizers as well.

JustKiya

I LOVE Silk Amino Acids. I have been faithfully using products that contain them, like Elasta QP Intense. I will definitely be purchasing a bottle to add to my products; the difference that they make in my hair is unrefutable.

I think I will try adding SAA to my facial moisturizers as well.

WHAT???? Oh, see, now I'm really going to have to try them, as that is my MAIN Number #1 favorite conditioner.....

*fingers twitch as she reaches for some plastic*

Healthb4Length

I still use my SAA though not as much as I used to cause I'm trying to save it. I've been using conditioners with SAA, I just discovered ORS Mayonaisse has it and so does Silk Elements Mayonaisse. I'm using the Silk Elements this weekend and I hope that it's good.

simpleDIVA

I had been adding olive and castor oil to my conditioners which I love. I recently purchased BioInfusion silk protien, will it give me the same results if I used the silk protein that I already have or should I but the SAA instead??

Averoigne

My SAA came in the mail today, courtesy of Lotioncrafters. I am going to add it to my conditioners and face creams. I haven't been so excited about a single product in a very long time.

SplashAtl

Got mine in the mail today!! Now how much do I put in my lotions and conditioners? I will put a few drops in my mascara also.

ChrissyB

I also got mine in the mail today. Yay!

I added a dropperful to most of my hair products (I don't use very many) and then reached for my mascara. I actually bought a new mascara specifically for the purpose of adding SAA to it. I put in a couple of drops, then a few more, and then a couple more. Needless to say, I put in WAY too much SAA, it started spilling out of the tube when I pushed the brush back in, lol!!! I'll test out the mascara tomorrow, hopefully it's not too liquidy now :lachen:

Oh, I did a deep condition and rollerset tonight using my new SAA enhanced products + castor oil to seal the ends before rolling. My hair usually looks kind of dry afterward but this time it came out silky (no pun intended) and shiny! :grin:

Harmony0221

I ordered my SAA last week and put a few drops in my mascara...
I bought mines from Lotioncrafter and pure Shea Butter which I used to do my twist :love: :love:
I will be adding it to my condish and deep condish when I get home and see how that works out..

Isis

I had to wait a few weeks before I was sure about my SAA results. I also did a lot more research on SAA, mainly the moisturizing benefits, besides the obvious protein benefits. I realize I was wrong in one of my previous SAA posts when I stated this was mailnly protein, not a moisturizer. It's both.

I'm in my 20th week post relaxer and hardly any shedding at all my wash days! Usually, there's a certain point when stretching when I know because of the increased shedding that it's TIME. :lol: However, that time looks like it isn't going to happen for a while, maybe never! Since using SAA, I have a lot of new growth that I now comb through with ease when detangling under the shower and when combing my leave-in through. And there are hardly any hairs!! :shocked: This is perfect for anyone transitioning to natural. :yep:

I have not yet put SAA in my containers of shampoo or conditioner. After washing my hair I put some conditioner (I'm back to Humectress for this experiment since Humectin has quinoa protein) in my hand and using an eye-dropper, I add about 6 or 8 drops into my palm. I then mix it up in my palm and apply this mixture to my hair. I use a little more conditioner than some of you ladies so I'll do it again for the other side of my hair, working it all in my hair and ends before putting my plastic cap on. I deep condition for 30-45 minutes (no dryer).

When I rinse, I notice it's different with the new growth. My new growth separates easily under the shower when I part it to rinse the conditioner off. The new growth feels looser.

I then do exactly the same thing with my leave-in conditioner, using the eye dropper for 6-8 drops per generous dollop of leave-in. Now, since starting this experiment, I decided to use a leave-in with no protein in it at all, just in case. I have used Biolage Leave-in Hair Tonic for a long time in the past and this is what I use. It's a spray but I just take the cap off and pour some in my palm, then add my drops of SAA. ;)

My comb just glides through so easily and again, hardly any hairs at all in my comb, when there should be after so many weeks post! I'm talking about a total of 5 hairs, 6 maybe. I don't comb in between wash days so I assume the normal shed hairs went down the drain...:scratchch

Also, I have not been doing my usual protein treatments at all. No henna either. I wanted to test the SAA alone as the main protein source and so far, so good! Thank you Cayenne0622 for starting this SAA thread and thank you again Sareca for starting the SAA movement! :):up:

BTW, I did put drops in my mascara container and my eyelashes are so long and thick now--does anyone know if there a terminal length for eyelashes? :gorgeous:

Last edited:

MuslimahTresses

Thanks Isis for posting your progress and results with SAA. I think I'll try to use mines the way you use yours and see what the outcome will be for my hair.

JerriBlank

Well, you ladies have sold me on this product... I just placed an order... I also ordered the Honeyquat for moisture too...

I can't wait to get this...

Oh nooooo! I just placed an order to replenish my saa stash,and i forgot to get some more honeyquat!!Awww man! I do not want to pay extra shipping for another order...guess i'll have to wait...bummer:ohwell:

Britt

I place dan order for SAA, honeyquat and wheat protein from Lotioncrafters. I recieved it yesterday and I would like to add some of these ingredients to a bottle of Eluence MB. I have no idea how much to add to about a 16oz bottle of conditioner. I'm thinking of just pouring some of each into the bottle but only pouring a very small amount of wheat protein b/c I essentially want the conditioner to be more moisturizing.
I'll guess play around with the mixture and if I like it.

PinkPebbles

After reading through this whole thread...I'm sold!!! I feel like I'm missing out on a gold-mine...LOL. I just made a purchase on lotioncrafter:grin: (SAA and Honeyqat). Thanks for sharing ladies!

Once I use it I'll make sure to post my results.

Brownie518

I place dan order for SAA, honeyquat and wheat protein from Lotioncrafters. I recieved it yesterday and I would like to add some of these ingredients to a bottle of Eluence MB. I have no idea how much to add to about a 16oz bottle of conditioner. I'm thinking of just pouring some of each into the bottle but only pouring a very small amount of wheat protein b/c I essentially want the conditioner to be more moisturizing.
I'll guess play around with the mixture and if I like it.

You should just add some to your conditioner as you use it. That would probably better.