Silk Dreams Hair Care Product Reviews!

lamaria211

Angelicus I also love her line. may I ask if you stock up on her products or do you buy as you use im asking because of the shelf life. Have you ever had any of her products for more than 6-8 months?tia

Angelicus

The moisturizers and butters last a long time... Much more than six months.

I still have and use all the butters and I think it's been well past 8 months. The only one that smells slightly different is Creme de la Silk. I love it but it is taking me a while to finish, considering that I bought all of her special care items.

The shampoos and conditioners don't last long at my house, lol, about 3 months. I wash 2x a week.

Honestly I don't worry about shelf life and purchase stuff from the site 3 to 4x a year. Hth.

Babygrowth

I'm praying that there is a sale soon... I really, really want to try these products! My wishlist is:
Wheat germ conditioner
Vanilla silk dream
Mocha silk infusion
Nourish oil
Shea what
Almond Buttercreme

Angelicus

Le sigh, so last night I used the Mocha Silk Hair Milk after not using it for a few months (been using Wheat Germ Butter Conditioner as a leave-in).

Oh.

my.

gudness.

I played in my hair for 3 hours. :look: Don't judge me.

dmples2

I Looooove this product line! I am in love with the Wheat germ butter conditioner. I use it as a leave-in and it makes my new growth feel like butter! I am transitioning and it makes it so much easier to comb my new growth. This is definitely a staple product along with the Vanilla Silk dream conditioner. I am going to try Destination Hydration and her almond butter next.

sharifeh

I just got destination hydration silk and crime de la silk. It came on my wash day. :yay: can't wait to try them out. I wanna eat it it smells so good!

Last edited:

Angelicus

Repost: I have a friend to whom I introduced Silk Dreams. She loves the stuff. Here is a note she sent me on Facebook:
I found a customer for silk dreams! I'm so so amazed by the progress my hair made and how it got healthier in on snap of a finger

I'm definitely in love, my mocha silk hair milk almost all gone! o yea, great products.

I told my hair dresser yesterday, Iasked her how does she think my hair is doing and she said it got better, longer, and healthier hahhahaha. I need to order more of everything lol, im kind of waiting to see if there will be any discounts because i will be ordering like a lot of it

yes, my hair dresser noticed, she is from Congo and I swear she said my hair is healthier and longer and that she wants my secret lol, true story.

tell her (the owner of Silk Dreams) to keep us happy, by making our hair happy and doing the same thing she does or even more to make it better and in real time she will get more and more customers

WOW. We even got the hair dresser on to Silk Dreams...

In other news... today, I co-hosted a hair party with about 15 church members. One of the prizes given away was samples of Silk Dreams... a set of 9 sample products was given to one lucky person! I think she's going to be hooked... she already requested the Silk Dreams website.

Keshieshimmer

Repost: I have a friend to whom I introduced Silk Dreams. She loves the stuff. Here is a note she sent me on Facebook:

WOW. We even got the hair dresser on to Silk Dreams...

In other news... today, I co-hosted a hair party with about 15 church members. One of the prizes given away was samples of Silk Dreams... a set of 9 sample products was given to one lucky person! I think she's going to be hooked... she already requested the Silk Dreams website.

She needs to hire you! You are pimping HARD for this line. I like it too!

PinkPebbles

I'd like to give my review.....

1) Go Moist Moisture Shampoo - this shampoo gently cleanses my hair. I lathered 3 times with this shampoo, and my hair was cleaned and moisturized. Go Moist will definitely replace WEN and my other shampoos.

2) Shea What - I liked this conditioner because it strengthens and moisturize. Strength and Moisture is a must for relaxed hair. After my DC my hair felt strong while wet. Shea What will replace my beloved Joico Kpak Intense Hydrator. Also, I can skip the Aphogee 2 min keratin process when using Shea What.

3) Wheat Germ Butter Conditioner - absolutely love it!!!! I used this as my leave in and it is truly moisturizing. I also use this on my edges for a sleek hairline. This conditioner will replace my NTM leave in.

I was impressed with my products and my hair let me know it. During my rollerset I did not have to rewet my hair. My hair was moisturized and strong as I rolled each section.

Also, I can air-dry with this combination of Silk Dream products and my hair will be smooth and silky.

I went to my stylist for a trim and she commented on how good my hair looked and felt.

Silk Dreams rock.... :woot:I will be using Silk Dreams exclusively once I finish up my other products.

Supergirl your products are awesome!!!! A lot of healthy heads will be swingin:gorgeous:

PinkPebbles

@PinkPebbles

Very Nice Review Ms. PinkP:hug2:

Did you get anything during the Sale? Thur/Friday?:lick:

IDareT'sHair thanks.

I did not get anything during the sale. I'd like to use up my other products before I buy anything else.

I know you probably bought some goods for the whole community....:lol: so make sure you give a review!!!!

I'd like to know about the silk infusion which is next on my list.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I'd like to give my review.....

1) Go Moist Moisture Shampoo - this shampoo gently cleanses my hair. I lathered 3 times with this shampoo, and my hair was cleaned and moisturized. Go Moist will definitely replace WEN and my other shampoos.

2) Shea What - I liked this conditioner because it strengthens and moisturize. Strength and Moisture is a must for relaxed hair. After my DC my hair felt strong while wet. Shea What will replace my beloved Joico Kpak Intense Hydrator. Also, I can skip the Aphogee 2 min keratin process when using Shea What.

3) Wheat Germ Butter Conditioner - absolutely love it!!!! I used this as my leave in and it is truly moisturizing. I also use this on my edges for a sleek hairline. This conditioner will replace my NTM leave in.

I was impressed with my products and my hair let me know it. During my rollerset I did not have to rewet my hair. My hair was moisturized and strong as I rolled each section.

Also, I can air-dry with this combination of Silk Dream products and my hair will be smooth and silky.

I went to my stylist for a trim and she commented on how good my hair looked and felt.

Silk Dreams rock.... :woot:I will be using Silk Dreams exclusively once I finish up my other products.

Supergirl your products are awesome!!!! A lot of healthy heads will be swingin:gorgeous:

Thanks PP! I don't rollerset often these days, but a I did a couple of weeks ago and had used Wheat Germ Butter as the leave-in and my my my, I got a wonderful, deliciously soft and moist rollerset! :lick: So I think you picked the right leave-in for rollersetting. :up:

Angelicus

Review - Silk Dreams Chocolate Bliss Conditioner - $12.00 USD​

TWO THUMBS UP! :up::up:
Pros: Slip, chocolate smell, consistency, full of fat!
Cons: Price-- I consider Silk Dreams to be the creme de la creme of all boutique hair products so this is no issue for me.

I am under the dryer at the moment after using Chocolate Bliss Conditioner. Great conditioner-- the chocolate smell is intense but fades after rinsing. It has the consistency of chocolate pudding, looks like chocolate pudding, shoot, it might even taste like chocolate pudding since it has agave nectar in it :look: Don't judge me!

Anyhoo, I had good slip with the product, very moisturizing. It feels like a conditioner that contains silicones, however Chocolate Bliss is silicone-free. This may not be for coconut oil haters-- it has a lot of coconut oil in it!

My hair loves all of Silk Dreams conditioners and this one was no exception!

Regimen today:
Clarify w/ Suave Naturals Clarifying Shampoo.
Pre-condition with Silk Dreams Whip My Hair Cleansing Cream.
Apply Silk Dreams Chocolate Bliss Conditioner and left on for 30 minutes.
Rinsed and set with Motions Foam Lotion.
Apply Silk Dreams Nourish Dreamy Decadence to completed style for shine.

chelleypie810

A couple weeks ago I used the nourish oil, wrapped my hair and slept w it overnight...my hair was BLINGING the next day... Now I don't use any other oil or serum bc this is the one that has given me the best results and a little goes a very very long way!!

Angelicus

I gave my silicone-based serum away and replaced them with Silk Dreams Oil-based products. Before flat ironing ny new growth, I apply a tiny amount of PRE to my hair. After flat ironing I smooth it all down with two drops of the nourish oil. Smells like cafe au lait!

I need to do more reviews on her new items. This is a great product line.

Sent from my phone using LHCF App.

TeeSGee

I really would like to try this product line especially for DC's but shipping to Canada is too expensive..:sad:

Angelicus

Yes, I have tried all three conditioners from the spa line. They are all extremely good. Extremely. I will try to make more detailed reviews (some are in the Vendor thread) but the best one, in my humble opinion, is the Smoothing Conditioner.

It was really hard to choose a favorite one, considering that the Avocado one gave me really good sheen, shine, and body. The chocolate one... Well to be honest, I wasn't expecting it to be good but it was SO SO SO good.

Poor Supergirl turned me into a addict... an addict dreaming in silk :lol:

Angelicus

How was the soothing conditioner? I'm really ready to hit "submit." :)
This was my first impression (vendor thread):

Would everyone please go and purchase the Soothing Conditioner, aka Peppermint Patty?

It feels like whipped up happiness. My hair and scalp felt so cool and refreshed. The first time I used it, I air-dried afterwards and my hair was SO soft! I promised to use it for my next roller set. It is a perfect conditioner. Thank you Supergirl. Soon I will post a full review in the main forum.

It has a whipped up texture, with just the right amount of peppermint oil... it does not burn. It is more cooling than tingling. The hair dries very soft. I deep conditioned with it for an hour last night then roller set my hair. My hair feels very soft to the point where I had to put it in a ponytail so that I could stop playing with it. I hope that helps! (HTH).

belleama

Okay I just placed my order but I didn't order the soothing conditioner. :( I'm already addicted to SD products but I don't want to have to carry too much with me when I leave for Afghan in a few weeks. But I'll definitely order some when I get there. :)