Silk Dreams Hair Care Product Reviews!

MGA2013

I must say, Avocado Pudding Silky DC is amazing! I've never had a deep conditioner make my hair so soft! I love it! When I first washed it out the slip was ok, but once my hair air dried, the results wowed my socks off! I hope I have success with Shea What!, Shea What! Deux, and mocha silk infusion!!!

Angelicus

Any low po using this line, if so which ones?

I don't shampoo every time. Here are the somewhat lighter conditioners:

Whip My Hair = It's a shampoo that thinks it's a conditioner. You don't "need" to condition after using this.

Destination Hydration = ooh can't wait to use this again

Wheat Germ Butter Conditioner = it is light, I use it for leave-ins though. I'm sure it can be for lo-poo/co-wash.

Every other conditioner could also be used daily too, it's all about what you like as terms of thickness, conditioning, and fragrance.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
:poke::poke:mad:MileHighDiva

Summer Time Purrrfection. Fruity Deliciousness:lick:

IDareT'sHair I think I'll order some in July. Right now I'm eyeballin' some more hair ling-er-ie :blush: I want to order a hair wrap from Silkywraps, and a snood from Sharmooz. The stuff I want from Pretty Antoinette can wait till fall, because I'll be using to protect my hair from winter hats. I'm on everybody's coattails with the no product buy for June.

gorgeoushair

Supergirl

I've used one enhancer-Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoother and a definer-Kizuri Beauty Butter Rich Curl Defining Cream. The SM does what is says but it leaves white buildup in my hair and the KB does nothing except moisturize. I'm not saying it won't work. It just does nothing to my type of curls.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
So, as promised, here's what my co-worker thought of the curl balm (don't really know what to call it yet) and a pic of her hair.

She washed and conditioned her hair. She wraps her hair in a towel and lets it dry to almost dry, so when she used the product, her hair was slightly damp from what I could gather.

She said she put it in in sections and worked it in and did some finger combing of the sections to get the product through all of her curls. She has very thick hair. Her curls always look nice, but today they appeared to be more separated than usual. She let me touch her hair. The back, where the curls were less separated was soft. The side and front where the separation was felt like it had a product in with semi-hold capabilities. Since I know that she only used the curl balm, this made me conclude that more product means more definition and hold, and less means soft hair, but less definition.

Here's a pic:

lamaria211

Has anyone tried usinf one of her DCs as a moisturizer or as a leave in. other than the Wheat germ butter condish?

Angelicus

I have used the following as leave-ins with great success:

Shea What
Vanilla Silk :love:
Avocado Pudding
The raspberry stuff :love:

I wanted to use the Chocolate Bliss as a leave-in but... it was so good as a conditioner that I ran out. I'd like to try Destination Hydration as a leave-in one of these days.

Lilmama1011

I have used the following as leave-ins with great success:

Shea What
Vanilla Silk :love:
Avocado Pudding
The raspberry stuff :love:

I wanted to use the Chocolate Bliss as a leave-in but... it was so good as a conditioner that I ran out. I'd like to try Destination Hydration as a leave-in one of these days.

i used the Raspberry Coconut Affair as a leave in this weekend

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Okay Ladies, I did my first henna treatment, yesterday. When I rinsed the henna out my hair felt like STRAW! :nono:

I applied the Shea What! Deux that IDareT'sHair recommends, because it doesn't have any protein in it. Henna is not a protein, but has protein like properties. So, I needed a serious moisture treatment, after having the henna in my hair for 8 hours.

I liberally applied the Shea What! Deux and watched two episodes of Fringe on Netflix with my heat cap set to the highest setting. Then I allowed my hair to cool off while watching another episode of Fringe.

When I rinsed out the Shea What! Deux my hair was back to it's normal soft, smooth and silkylicious self. :yep: Plus my hair felt STRONG!

I think the henna is going to be a home run for my fine thin strands, now that I know that I can resuscitate them with the Shea What! Deux.

Of course, I LCOed with WGC, Creme de la Silk, and Nourish Oil. I only did four Ms. Celie plaits for my braid out, because I was tried.

In conclusion, I'm happy the DC revived my hair. Now I feel comfortable continuing with the henna treatments.

Rozlewis

MileHighDiva, I recently started Henna treatments and I love them. I will be doing them every month. After I used Shea What Deux, Bee-u-ti-fil, or Salerm Wheat Germ I got the same results from any of these moisturizing conditioners. Hair was not only strong but was also moisturized and soft.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Rozlewis, what brand henna are you using? Upon rinse out does your hair feel like straw? Are you doing straight treatments or glosses. Do you rinse out with cheapie condish Suave/VO5? Please advise!

Rozlewis

MileHighDiva, this month was my 2nd treatment. I use the Jamilia brand from Henna Sooq. They had a sale so I purchased enough for the rest of the year. I do a henna gloss treatment to get the conditioning and coloring benefits. I use a cheap V05 conditioner that I got from Walmart for .78 for the wash out. I think I use Curly Nikki's recipe and mix the henna with tea. My hair did feel a little like straw after the initial rinse.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Any low po using this line, if so which ones?

I use her line without a problem. I use the Vanilla Silk, which absorbs pretty well with heat, Razzberry Coconut Affair, which is good with or without heat though I prefer it with heat and Wheat Germ Butter Conditioner which is an excellent leave-in for me. The Avocado Pudding is good, but its really smoothing, so I cannot use it as often as I like, usually only during stretching.

AgeinATL

@McQuay30 I thought you meant low porosity. I wanna know too! I've been eyeing this line for when I get no buy reprieve for Black Friday sales.

I am LP and I like her Vanilla Silk DC and ADORE her Chocolate Bliss DC (staple). I didn't care for the Avocado Pudding. Not a bad DC, just not all that moisturizing. I have reviews on my blog if it will help.

NaturallyATLPCH

I read this thread from the beginning. It makes me want to try everything.

I placed an order last week for the Shea What. I have used the Wheat Germ leave in and I love it. I have the Destination Hydration but haven't used it yet. My goal this year is to stick with two lines and this could very well be one of them.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I read this thread from the beginning. It makes me want to try everything. I placed an order last week for the Shea What. I have used the Wheat Germ leave in and I love it. I have the Destination Hydration but haven't used it yet. My goal this year is to stick with two lines and this could very well be one of them.

I've been with this year for almost two years now. Right now, this and Darcy's are my staple lines, with this being in first place due to prices.

The destination hydration I gave another try; it works well for the front of my hair, but the coarser back of my head.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF