Silk Dreams Hair Care Product Reviews!

PlainJane

I have decided to order the Nourish oil and Go Moist shampoo, but what can I use as a daily moisturizer.
I'm relaxed...any suggestions??

Beamodel

The only conditioner that I like from this line is Shea what Deux. It moisturizes my hair really great. I still want to try the regular Shea what though.

Vanilla Silk - ok
Raspberry affair - ok
Mocha silk infusion - ok
Wheat germ - no bueno, gave away
Almond butter cream - no bueno
Mocha Milk - ok, no repurchase
*not enough for me to repurchase any of them

I do like destination hydration as a rinse out and as a leave in.

But most things from this line don't do much of anything for my hair or just leaves my hair feeling "ok" - that's not good enough for me.

Last edited:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I have decided to order the Nourish oil and Go Moist shampoo, but what can I use as a daily moisturizer. I'm relaxed...any suggestions??

I like the wheat germ conditioner. The milk was too much for me but some like it.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Love the Wheat Germ Butter. Very moisturizing and smoothing to my 4b hair. Creamy, but not very thick...absorbs into my hair easily.

Nourish Oil is a light and lightly scented oil. It imparts nice shine/sheen.

Mocha Silk Infusion is my HG light/medium protein. Very nice soft, not too thick, slippy pudding consistency. I don't use a moisturizing DC after it. Leaves my hair soft, less breakage. Nice mocha scent.

Vanilla Silk is my HG moisturizing DC. Others are great, but nothing has so far compared with the moisture level of this DC. Pudding like consistency with a smell like cookies or something. Upon rinsing, my hair feels like silk.

Chocolate Bliss was just ok for me. It left my hair soft...more along the lines of MSI even though it has no protein, so it was not a repurchase. Vanilla Silk had me spoiled.

End-Tegrity Serum is a nice thick oil that smells of citrus or lemons or something. The 2oz. bottle didn't justify a repurchase though. I tend to be a little heavy handed and used it up within about two weeks. :look:

Shea What Deux! Very thick and very moisturizing...about as moisturizing as Vanilla Silk. This DC was a bit too thick for my fine strands though. The scent is nice and light.

Razzberry Coconut Affair: Smells amazing...light raspberry scent that increases the more you dig into the jar. It is also on the thick side and works very well...leaving hair soft and supple. I would repurchase because I love the scent despite its thickness.

NaturallyATLPCH

Love the Wheat Germ Butter. Very moisturizing and smoothing to my 4b hair. Creamy, but not very thick...absorbs into my hair easily.

Nourish Oil is a light and lightly scented oil. It imparts nice shine/sheen.

Mocha Silk Infusion is my HG light/medium protein. Very nice soft, not too thick, slippy pudding consistency. I don't use a moisturizing DC after it. Leaves my hair soft, less breakage. Nice mocha scent.

Vanilla Silk is my HG moisturizing DC. Others are great, but nothing has so far compared with the moisture level of this DC. Pudding like consistency with a smell like cookies or something. Upon rinsing, my hair feels like silk.

Chocolate Bliss was just ok for me. It left my hair soft...more along the lines of MSI even though it has no protein, so it was not a repurchase. Vanilla Silk had me spoiled.

End-Tegrity Serum is a nice thick oil that smells of citrus or lemons or something. The 2oz. bottle didn't justify a repurchase though. I tend to be a little heavy handed and used it up within about two weeks. :look:

Shea What Deux! Very thick and very moisturizing...about as moisturizing as Vanilla Silk. This DC was a bit too thick for my fine strands though. The scent is nice and light.

Razzberry Coconut Affair: Smells amazing...light raspberry scent that increases the more you dig into the jar. It is also on the thick side and works very well...leaving hair soft and supple. I would repurchase because I love the scent despite its thickness.

Thank you so much for this detailed review FroReal!

grownwomanaz

Love and Harmony
Vanilla Silk has replaced my Silk Elements Megasilk DC. The moisture is impressive. I use Vanilla Silk with heat and I love it.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Okay ladies, it's time for my quarterly SD rave/rant.

Just cleansed with SD Go Moist...Hair and scalp so clean, so soft, so smooth and hydrated from a gentle cleansing poo. I could've filmed a seduction scene playing with my hair, before I applied my DC. :yep:

Upon rinse out of SD Mocha Silk Infusion, my hair is so moist, so soft, and so strong that it is SICKENING! No need to follow up with a moisturizing DC here. :yep:

Tomorrow, if I remember I'll post a pick of my flexi rod set. Why? Because my hair will be Blingilicious :yep: I just said that in my JJ Fad voice, but y'all don't know anything about that. :lol:

Layering Mocha Silk Hair Milk, Mocha "Bling" Butta, and Nourish oil in Dreamy Decadence = Blingilicious, Silkilicious hair! :lick:

I wouldn't need a mirror to signal the rescue crew if I was stranded in a remote area. The pilots would be able to give everyone coordinates to my location due to my hair being Bling and Silkilicous!

ETA: I'm going to kill DS :spank: Talkin' bout he likes the way Go Moist makes his hair feel. Boy, I can't afford for you to use SD GM washing your hair dang near everyday from playing B-Ball. I have to pay S&H for that. He better start using that Dove Men's or Axe poo I bought him.

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
^^Thanks for this MileHighDiva

I want to try the Mocha Silk Hair Milk next time I purchase SDs. How does it smell and what is the consistency?

As you know the MSI is probably my fav out of the whole line...I love a DC that makes my hair supple and strong. My hair literally drinks this stuff up. I don't even need to use heat with it...just a plastic cap (nothing else on top) over freshly washed hair for about 45 minutes will do it. However, I love to use it under my dryer. Talk about heavenly. I don't need a moisturizing DC afterward either. I need to stockpile this stuff and store it in the fridge.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Froreal3. You'll love the Mocha Silk Hair Milk! Here's a pic of the consistency:

ForumRunner_20140120_195608.jpg

I need to haul hard, because I just used the last of my MSI. Also, I'm out of VS and I only have about 1/4 a bottle of WGBC left.

In the future, I have to be more proactive about not running out of HG/staple products, :yep:

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

Last edited:

ronie

I am half way through my last bottle of wgb, so I just did a mini haul. Wanted to wait for a valentines sale, but I'm not risking it. I added MSI. I want to revisit again. If there's a sale I will reup RCA, Shea what ANC rhea what drug and my almond butter cream. If I start cowashing again, I will need more destination hydration as we'll.
MileHighDiva lol at your blingliness. I am jealous. I haven't washed my hair in over a week.
Plan for tonight
Go moist
Shea what mix with RCA
Wgb
Mocha bling.

Jace032000

Is anyone aware of whether or not they offer a discount for LHCF members? I searched this thread high and low and could not find the answer.

beauti

i recently bought the vanilla silk cream 4oz and the wheat germ butter conditioner. Are you ladies applying the vanilla silk cream on wet hair? cause this is not a lot of product to apply on dry hair like i usually dc :ohwell: how many uses do you get out of this 4oz?? I'm heavy handed :look:

Smiley79

beauti...I totally agree with you. I'd go thu half that jar if I had to use it on dry hair. In general, I have always preferred applying conditioner on slightly damp hair...I either spray my hair hair until it's damp or if it's after washing, I wrap my hair with a t-shirt to absorb half of that moisture.

You and i are twins, I'm heavy handed and I love to feel my hair fully coated with product, lol. That Vanilla Silk cream is SOOO good though and totally worth the money but I do use it wisely so I don't waste any of it. For example, I section and detangle my hair in about 8 sections prior to applying it so I can distribute it easier and smoother and really let it get into my hair without wasting. :)

Will this be your first time using the Vanilla Silk? If so let me know how you like it? :)

ronie

i recently bought the vanilla silk cream 4oz and the wheat germ butter conditioner. Are you ladies applying the vanilla silk cream on wet hair? cause this is not a lot of product to apply on dry hair like i usually dc :ohwell: how many uses do you get out of this 4oz?? I'm heavy handed :look:

My jars are 8 oz. I only use the VS on my 3 year old daughter, and i can get about 10 uses out of it. On my self, i would say no more than 3 uses. My daughter's hair is longer than mines, but her texture is silkier. I found that my kinky 4c texture makes me use more product. I need the extra product to aid in detangling.
I use the RCA, and shea what on my self. After the second use, i have to add something to the remaining jar for one more use. I could manage without, but i am super heavy handed.

beauti

@beauti...I totally agree with you. I'd go thu half that jar if I had to use it on dry hair. In general, I have always preferred applying conditioner on slightly damp hair...I either spray my hair hair until it's damp or if it's after washing, I wrap my hair with a t-shirt to absorb half of that moisture.

You and i are twins, I'm heavy handed and I love to feel my hair fully coated with product, lol. That Vanilla Silk cream is SOOO good though and totally worth the money but I do use it wisely so I don't waste any of it. For example, I section and detangle my hair in about 8 sections prior to applying it so I can distribute it easier and smoother and really let it get into my hair without wasting. :)

Will this be your first time using the Vanilla Silk? If so let me know how you like it? :)
Yes! I feel like the only way a product works is if I can see the residue of it on my strands :lol: I will apply on damp hair after shampooing and see how it goes. I will report back on my results tomorrow

beauti

I'm transitioning to natural and my natural hair soaks everything up. If i try to be stingy with product my hair would be like :rolleyes:. I usually dc with suave humectant and I'm more than generous with it (12oz bottle) but keep hearing great things about vanilla silk cream

Last edited:

PerFicMsFit

Hey ladies! If you love Silk Dreams Avocado Pudding Silky Conditioning Cream or Silk Dreams Satin Smooth Hair Cream and are in need of these products, head over to the Hair Product Exchange board. I am selling them because they were a miss for my relaxed hair. :sad:

Last edited:

beauti

I'm transitioning to natural and my natural hair soaks everything up. If i try to be stingy with product my hair would be like :rolleyes:. I usually dc with suave humectant and I'm more than generous with it (28oz bottle) but keep hearing great things about vanilla silk cream

fixed that..it's a 28oz bottle :spinning: anyway I didn't apply the VS on damp hair, didn't feel like doing that extra step :look: I like my conditioners to feel silky on my strands but this didn't really feel silky as I applied it. Left it on overnight and the smell is amazeballz :love: my boo was like is that you smelling like vanilla cookies?? I said no it's my hurr :gorgeous: :lol: rinsed it an hour ago and my hair did feel soft, but not oh-my-gosh-i-love-it! soft. Like, I wouldn't detangle my hair with this product, doesn't give that much slip. Honestly I get better results with my suave or nexxus humectress gvp :ohwell: next time I will apply on damp hair, see if that makes a difference since I have just enough for one more application.

Angelicus

Hey everyone! :wave: I am still using these awesome products! My hair looks and feels great. Here is a recent picture of my hair (please excuse greasy face, I walked in Philly for over 6 hours straight): http://instagram.com/p/uzAvego254/?modal=true. I wish I could embed the pic in the post but I don't know how, lol.

Anyhoo, here is what I have at home: Mocha Silk Infusion, Vanilla Silk Moisture, Wheat Germ Butter (I use this as a leave-in).

I was using dominican stuff *(Silicon Mix Bambu Treatment and Leave-in) while the SilkDreams site was closed but my hair didn't have the same look and sheen. So happy that the products are back. I don't need porosity fixers or additional moisturizers after styling. I can go months without relaxing (this time I went six months).

I am hoping to buy more stuff like the oil (I use it on my body too) when I get some more cash.

InBloom

In my new-growth
@Angelicus

Just read through this entire thread and I wondered if you were still using Silk Dreams exclusively, or still loving the products in general?

I've just plunged and ordered for the first time, though I've been eyeballing the line for years.