Silver sisters - Transitioning to gray hair...

Tyra

Both of my grandmothers look very striking with their grey hair. They have very pretty, shiny silver hair. If my greys come in like that I will embrace them immediately. I have a few strings in the back of my head. If I get that nasty looking green/yellow/dull grey...I will go to my grave with dyed hair.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
@laurend , @FlowerHair , i'm ready to grey transition. any tips on shampoo and conditioners. i read avout puple shampoos
I co-wash as usual, but I use silver/ purple conditioner every now and then.
The one I use is called Revlon Nutri Color Creme in Silver (1002). It's wonderful and makes my hair really soft.

I made a mistake and used a rinse in a light brown color a few months ago. That made my hair a yellowy ugly color. To take it away, I used a peroxide mix that I read about on this page: http://gorgeousingrey.com/home-remedies-remove-yellow-gray-hair/

Ltown

Greyland
The one I use is called Revlon Nutri Color Creme in Silver (1002). It's wonderful and makes my hair really soft.

I made a mistake and used a rinse in a light brown color a few months ago. That made my hair a yellowy ugly color. To take it away, I used a peroxide mix that I read about on this page: http://gorgeousingrey.com/home-remedies-remove-yellow-gray-hair/
Great, thanks for the tip!

Aggie

Thanks for the tip @FlowerHair

caliscurls

I think I'm about 30% gray now and I'm torn on whether to embrace it. Honestly, I'm tired of covering it up (the act of dyeing it) because it grows so darn fast! Every 4 weeks - boom! - all those stark white hairs are on full display around my hair line. Maybe it's actually silver but looks white against the black of the rest of my hair....

Part of me wants to buy a wig and just let it grow out underneath so I can see if I like it :sekret:

Part of me just wants to go get all of it dyed white - to just get it over with already, lol

And part of me keeps buying hair dye for my roots at the grocery store o_O

I think part of the issue for me is the in-between awkward stage - which I prolong I know with the monthly cover-up

Maybe I'll wear it down more to let it grow out...no idea, venting

Ipanema

I'm in my 30s, but I have a huge swath of white hair, which I get a lot of compliments on. It goes from my hairline to the back, so it just looks like I have all white hair when wearing it down. I use purple shampoos sparingly because I don't want my hair to turn blue or silver. I only use hair products and oils that are clear or white.

Gray hair can sometimes look terrible, though. You have to wear the right colors for your skin tone and hair. You can look angelic, trendy, or just plain old. I try to go for the ethereal look.

Ltown

Greyland
my plans was to let the back gray in first so that i can let my temple gray come in but its not getting gray in the back.

EzrasNumberOneFan

TheLORDisMyShepherd
I'm not old enough for natural gray yet (waiting patiently lol) but I'm dropping in because this thread is inspiration for me. When I get to tbl I'm going completely white (like the lions in my picture) for religious reasons and this thread inspires me! I love beautiful silver hair on dark skin. Its sooo striking and gorgeous. Black women with silver/grey/white hair are BLESSED! Work it ladies! I cant wait to join ya'll (will be lurking). I saw an elderly black woman the other day with all of her shiny healthy silver hair in locks, tied up in a bun on her head. I was almost blinded. Goals!

SimplyWhole

Bringing this thread back to life. I need help! My roots are ~ three inches of white hair. I want a more silver grey look. I do not want to cut my almost shoulder length hair. However, because I generally wear a part there is a drastic contrast.

godzooki

Decided to see what I'd look like if I just let my grey go. Also attempting to transition again, so a double whammy. 17 wks post in the pics. First one is fresh out of the shower with no product, second is scarf dried with coconut oil and leave in.

Ltown

Greyland
back to graying again can’t stand dyeing my hair every week/month. should stay on path last year i would have had 7 inches of white hair. i’m past shoukd length will have to decide on working it or cutting it.

Melaninme

Colored my gray with a demi-permanent color this past week. At some point I'll embrace the grays, because it truly is a struggle for me now. I will only do temporary dyes because I am confident at some point I will embrace my stamp of becoming "matured" fully, fondly and proudly.

Ltown

Greyland
Colored my gray with a demi-permanent color this past week. At some point I'll embrace the grays, because it truly is a struggle for me now. I will only do temporary dyes because I am confident at some point I will embrace my stamp of becoming "matured" fully, fondly and proudly.
@Melaninme, i'm transitioning for the second time, in 2017 have a good 6" but dye it, it too much work my hair grows fast and it too much my temple started to thin. thanks to Pinterest/Instagram lots of inspiration and heck young girls are dying their hair gray! i'm here with you!!

Melaninme

@Melaninme, i'm transitioning for the second time, in 2017 have a good 6" but dye it, it too much work my hair grows fast and it too much my temple started to thin. thanks to Pinterest/Instagram lots of inspiration and heck young girls are dying their hair gray! i'm here with you!!

Thank you @Ltown!:rosebud:I needed to read your post!

discodumpling

At 44 my grays are beginning to show out. Sometimes I'm bothered most times I'm not. Mine are growing in wiry and curly like old man whiskers...Lol but not really. I'm not gonna fight them. I henna once or twice per year but box colour is the devil for my hair! Plus I'm not here for the touch ups every so often and the commitment to the cover up...
So I'll be here and on pinterest for tips and tricks to embrace the gray!

guyaneseyankee

I have so many grays around my hairline. I dyed it black around October with my trusty Textures and Tones. I'm done dying my hair I think. My edges are speckled again with gray, I'm done. This go round, the dye really thinned my hair out (or stress idk) but I'm back with a head of healthy hair and I'm not interested in risking it's health anymore. Sooo, I'll embrace the gray.

Truthfully I didn't mind it, it was my sister who was looking at me crazy!!!